The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold From The Rafters
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Steven Barclay, thanks. | Gender: ima man. a sexy man. | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 02-05-2011 at 12:12 AM
mister alien pants
Wandering Child
all day weirdo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
doctor who  Post [1]

one of my favorite shows of all time, the doctor always comes up with something clever in the face of evil, like the daleks or the cybermen, anything like that, flying around in his little blue box with a sonic screwdriver and some hot chick always going with him. lol.

0.(0) THE MAAAASK! FEAR IT!
mister alien pants's Profile Send Private Message mister alien pants's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rosey_Posey | Gender: Daughter of Eve | Posts: 227 | Roses: 10
Old 05-31-2012 at 07:20 PM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

my rp character is Melody Pond... nuff said...
RaminxRamen's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lollipop | Gender: Eve | Posts: 280 | Roses: 10
Old 06-07-2012 at 09:03 AM
AgentCarolina
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

How did I KNOW that there would be a thread opened up to Whovians on the site?! <3 *smothers with love* I must say that I'm dissapointed that only three people (myself included) have actually taken the time to post here.

THERE MUST BE MORE PHAN/WHOVIAN HYBRIDS! Whats wrong with you guys? :'(

Ok, so I have two questions for you all.

Your favorite Doctor is whom and why is that the case?

Would you rather have a sonic screwdriver or psychic paper?

(technically one of those was a double question, but meh :p)
AgentCarolina's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Skye | Gender: Female | Posts: 7 | Roses: 10
Old 06-18-2012 at 02:36 AM
FreedomFight
Wandering Child
Friend of the Phantom

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

I love DW too!

I love the tenth because he's funny and energetic, like me.
And, I'd rather have a Sonic Screwdriver. It's cooler.
FreedomFight's Profile Send Private Message FreedomFight's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Liana | Gender: Female | Posts: 1 | Roses: 10
Old 06-18-2012 at 11:29 PM
LonelyAngel
Wandering Child
Orchestra Conductor

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

OMG! I think I just died. MY TWO FAVOURITE THINGS OF ALL TIME!!! <3 You guys are awesome! My have Doctor would have to be the 10th doctor, just because he was the Doctor I was initiated with <3 I would rather have a sonic screwdriver, because apparently it can do anything, but psychic paper wouldn't be that bad, either :P

My favourite character from DW (apart from the Doctor himself) would have to be Captain Jack 'cause he is just so cool
LonelyAngel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 02-25-2014 at 08:14 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

My "Doctor Who" fandom goes back to 1970 when our PBS station aired the original series though they had only a couple of the first Doctor. They would show Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, and Tom Baker in rotation until they finally got the first season with Peter Davison. I think they had only a couple of PD seasons and were starting TB again when prices were raised so high that they dropped the series. I was soooo upset that I actually called the station to complain since, when they were raising funds, they leaned on the series heavily to drawn in money. Then, here they were, turning their back on it! The manager actually returned the call to explain their financial situation and couldn't deny that it gave people unfair expectations when they offered merchandise at fund-raising events.

What's so unfortunate is that VCRs were hugely expensive then, so I couldn't tape these series, which would have been so wonderful!

Of course, I saw the Paul McGann movie, but the other episodes were out of reach. I still haven't seen more than some clips.

It was in the Seventies that I started going to SF conventions, starting with Space Trek in St. Louis. I happened to hear that Tom Baker was going to be at a convention in Chicago, but that's so far from here that I knew it was useless to hope. Then, I learned that he was going to be at a convention in St. Louis next~THAT WEEKEND! I called Henry VIII Inn & Lodge, which I knew because that's where the Space Trek cons were held, and got the LAST ROOM! It was in the lodge part, which turned out to be really nice. So, yes, I got to meet Tom Baker.

Ahem... I got to KISS Tom Baker! He was so much like the Doctor, and he admitted that. He was clever, funny, whimsical, quirky and definitely not a disappointment. It wasn't a huge convention, so we were able to chat with him quite a lot. Years later, I was at Visions in Chicago (thanks to a brave friend who is a fearless driver), and he was one of THE best guests there. We were going up to our room to drop off dealers' room purchases when we suddenly found ourselves sharing the ride with Mr. Baker and his aide; I think she was perhaps a nurse, as his health has been declining. I tried very hard not to look in his direction or to address him because I felt that he would like some privacy, which is what my friend said that she was thinking, too.

Other Doctors I've met are Patrick Troughton, who, sadly, died at another convention just a month later; Peter Davison (not very likeable for various reasons); and, rather briefly, Sylvester McCoy.

I do watch the "new stuff" though I didn't care for Christopher Eccleston and barely tolerated Matt Smith; I had to force myself to watch the latter's episodes. David Tennant really captured the essence of the Doctor the best of the three. However, I completely disapprove of the sexual aspect being added. Never in the Doctor's history had they thrown in crushes and romances, and it is just uncomfortable considering other men who have played him. It just is not right! That's not what the Doctor is about, and I really dislike the "sexualization" of the series. I think it started when the female doctor kissed PMcG's Doctor. I remember thinking, "Uh oh!" Sadly, they've pursued that too much, destroying the Doctor's alien quality.

The new actor is promising, and I'm anxious to see how he does.

I still would like to see those missing seasons I never got to view. Due to the tremendous cost of DVDs, which I really do not care for, I doubt that I'll ever see them. I wish Sci Fi Channel would show it from as near the beginning as possible. Too many new fans aren't aware of those decades of other Doctors.

I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote