The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera Games of Make Believe
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-01-2008 at 05:07 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Talk Show Host (Phantom Style)  Post [1]

Alright, if your thinking something nasty or 'bad' you might as well leave! This game is for people that think in talk show lang--like Maury or Montel...and what not being--so here's how the game goes...

Say I'm the host and your the 'speical' guest. I ask you a question. (in this case since we're on a PotO free forum we'll have this game going with a Phantom twist.) Still lost? Here's an example...

Talk Show Host: So, Mr./Mrs./Ms. _________ what is your personal idea of Madame Giry's being in the movie/play. What good is it having her in the picture?

And the next person thinkings of a "professional" answer like this (notice the "quotation marks")

Speical Guest: The entire point of Madame Giry in the movie? Well ______, I'd honestly have to say, that Madame is there for Meg's exisitance, and also the point of how Erik/The Phantom has been at the Opera ever since 'you-know-when'

And then once you answer, you think of a brilliant question to ask your guest for your show....

get it? yeah! Let's start playin!!!!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-01-2008 at 05:09 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Here's the first question of my show today for __________
So, _______, what is your take of Christine? Evil? Innocent? Or something that is simple your own unique idea? Why did you think she left Erik? Was she just scare or just confused?

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 07-02-2008 at 08:29 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Well, self, She's pretty much very unknown about the saying (at least where I come from), Look behind the facade, you may find gold... nothing more to say and nothing less. She left him because she was intimidated, or perhaps....she was completely confused--I would be if two men were fighting over me. I wouldn't have to worry about that!

Would you please give your take about the given point of Erik's mask? Has it changed over the years? Is it just the same.

Name: | Gender: | Posts: n/a | Roses:
Old 07-11-2008 at 05:37 AM
Eriksoneandonly

Post [4]

Well Eriks mask sure has changed meaning he never wheres the same one.But I really Don't know because he is rarely seen since that terable accident wich we don't want to speak of.

Can you tell the audience of Erik? Has he found a new love or written any new operas lately if so can you tell us about it?

Old 07-11-2008 at 05:14 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Well, it's great that you've asked. In fact, from what I've seen in the news, I've seem him around with this dancer...Melonie. From Ireland, but she's Asian. (not being racist) Why do I add that? I'm Asian myself. And from what I've seen from the Opera, she's a extraordinary dancer. I believe that Madame Giry's sister has trained her since she was 12...14 something of that age?

I'm glad you asked about his writings. I've seen an Opera...a different take of Don Juan. Other than that? A song that he's composed. I believe it's called Angel Eyes very beautifully played on the piano. Such an entrancing piece.

So, Miss _______ would please explain what your idea of Andrew Llyod Webber's perspective of Erik when he choose Gerard's 'rockish' voice to be played as Phantom?

Name: That hyper thing that annoys Erik and V*pokes Erik* \Lizzy | Gender: Hyper thing!*bounces* | Posts: 116 | Roses: 3
Old 07-12-2008 at 12:35 AM
Phantom's_last_rose
Wandering Child
Proud Gerik Phan (^)_^

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I think he was starting to picture Erik to maybe be a little darker than before and also he had probably thought about how Erik would have never really had professional singing training. And I think he made a very good choice.

So_____who do you think Christine should have gone with? (I mean ALW Christine) and would you give us an explanation why.

Phantom's_last_rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2008 at 04:54 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Hum, let moi think...I personally would say Erik, but of course happiness is one of the first things in love (first thing in true love is sacrifice which ties everything up: juts to say...) I honestly don't think that she would have truly made Erik happy. She would always be sad, which would make him sad which would make the story worse! And we don't want that now do we?

So ------, how would you feel, not saying in a crud way, how would you feel if you were a lonely, disfigured woman/man that was madly in love with a man/woman, but you knew you couldn't have them...exactly how would you feel? Give me something more than sad, or more than depressed, or more than 'Oh,-God-Just-Kill-Me kind of attitude and put your thoughts into your POV of Erik. It does truly help analyze your true thoughts of this story.

Name: | Gender: | Posts: n/a | Roses:
Old 07-15-2008 at 09:05 PM
Eriksoneandonly

Post [8]

Personally I have been in that situation before (Except the disfigured part) and it is pretty hard to cope with. Only becuase my heart would race at the sound of there voice. Just looking at them made my day a it brighter then it was before, There name made me want to dance for joy. But seeing that I was diffrent from others they rejected me and it made me go almost completly mad I lost my happiness and sunk int a deep depression and I did not like the same things I did before it rally changed me. (Does this answer the question?)

Do you think that the stroy told by Andrew Lloyd Webber in the movie matched the same one That was told by Gaston Leroux?

Old 07-20-2008 at 07:23 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

In a sense, yes and it another one no. Yes goes for as: the story line. Joseph didn't die in the beginning as the book was, Erik's deformity description wasn't as harsh as the book, different interpretations of music, and many other ideas. But the main idea is plain and sure, a man loves woman, woman rejects man...yada yada yada ya! :)

Do you find it odd that the interpretations of the book, movie, and shoe have been completely different but they have shown the same them. Or does it seem like the same old treatment to a musical/book/movie?