The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Diane | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 142 | Roses: 10
Old 08-13-2008 at 05:57 PM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Yeah I look young too. I look about 14 normally, but if I do my makeup and clothes and hair in a very sophisticated way I can come off as about 20.
Happened the whole time I was in London.

But I agree everyone wears a mask.
These days, emotional expression is typically frowned upon.
I grew up constantly hearing "stop crying" "dont be so sensitive" and "grow a thicker skin."
Now my mask is one of stoicness, blankness and refusal to accept emotions.
I didn't cry at my grandmothers funeral. I refused to. I never cry over guys because I refuse to.

When my mask comes off though, I am the same emotionally vulnerable kid I used to be. I lose my mask and I become a very mean, loud, angry person.

Thankfully the only person who so far has made me lose my mask is my Dad.

And I think everyone is like this these days.

i grew up hearing the same things. stop crying and wut not. and when i was about 5 and in fostercare i refused to cry, i had to stay strong for my lil brother. so i wore my smiling mask the day i found out i would never see my mother agian. i loved my mother and still do, she died later on when i was in the 7th grade, and for once i finally had an excuse to take off my mask and cry. no one could yell at me for it then. so i cried then and i cried when a few of my friends died. but everyday one has to smile like nothing is wrong. todays world is messed up. even when i was a lil kid and i would fall down and get hurt the grown ups always said stop crying dont be a baby. ppl today force others to wear a mask. no one wants to see sumone crying so they insult them if they do. well im not like that. everyone knows they need not wear a mask around me, but as for the rest of the world.....everyone is wearing a mask it seems.

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Girl | Posts: 187 | Roses: 10
Old 08-13-2008 at 06:48 PM
ChristineJ16
Wandering Child
The golden pale angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

This is where I thought Christine was pretty cruel. Even from my very first glimpse into this story I thought, 'why would she do that to him?!' No one wants to be revealed like that so harshly. It's even more devastating when the one who does this is someone very special to you. :(

~Christine~
ChristineJ16's Profile Send Private Message ChristineJ16's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Tori | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 84 | Roses: 10
Old 08-14-2008 at 01:37 AM
Trix
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_shadows View Post
i grew up hearing the same things. stop crying and wut not. and when i was about 5 and in fostercare i refused to cry, i had to stay strong for my lil brother. so i wore my smiling mask the day i found out i would never see my mother agian. i loved my mother and still do, she died later on when i was in the 7th grade, and for once i finally had an excuse to take off my mask and cry. no one could yell at me for it then. so i cried then and i cried when a few of my friends died. but everyday one has to smile like nothing is wrong. todays world is messed up. even when i was a lil kid and i would fall down and get hurt the grown ups always said stop crying dont be a baby. ppl today force others to wear a mask. no one wants to see sumone crying so they insult them if they do. well im not like that. everyone knows they need not wear a mask around me, but as for the rest of the world.....everyone is wearing a mask it seems.
Agreed.
People fear and deny emotions and pretend they don't have them,
it's pathetic really, but I have no right to talk seeing as I'm really bad for that.

Quote:
This is where I thought Christine was pretty cruel. Even from my very first glimpse into this story I thought, 'why would she do that to him?!' No one wants to be revealed like that so harshly. It's even more devastating when the one who does this is someone very special to you.
Also very true.
It's almost like it wasn't any of her business.
I know one of my personal pet peeves is when people go through my sketchbook without asking, like they own it or something. They just pick it up and root through it. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my art, but some of the stuff in there is really sensitive subject matter, bordering on disturbing at times.
To me, the feeling I get when someone just blatantly goes through my stuff is how Erik would feel about Christine and her curiousity allowing her to remove his mask in such a sudden, unkind way.

I sent my love a bouquet of black roses,
and inside I sent her boyfriend's left eye,
and inside the letter that I wrote her,
said "I thought the boy should see you one last time"
Trix's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 08-14-2008 at 05:00 AM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

I agree: It would have been so much more appropriate to ask (even beg) him to remove the mask as the Christine in the 1991 miniseries did. Erik probably wouldn't have given in though...but still yanking it off was pretty cold.

Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2008 at 06:17 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Agreed.
People fear and deny emotions and pretend they don't have them,
it's pathetic really, but I have no right to talk seeing as I'm really bad for that.

Also very true.
It's almost like it wasn't any of her business.
I know one of my personal pet peeves is when people go through my sketchbook without asking, like they own it or something. They just pick it up and root through it. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my art, but some of the stuff in there is really sensitive subject matter, bordering on disturbing at times.
To me, the feeling I get when someone just blatantly goes through my stuff is how Erik would feel about Christine and her curiousity allowing her to remove his mask in such a sudden, unkind way.
YES!! ik right? they jus grab the sketch book and look through it and always get pictures out of order and what not. like they own it or sumthin. im proud of my work too, but at least ask, its only polite!

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Tori | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 84 | Roses: 10
Old 08-14-2008 at 06:46 AM
Trix
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_shadows View Post
YES!! ik right? they jus grab the sketch book and look through it and always get pictures out of order and what not. like they own it or sumthin. im proud of my work too, but at least ask, its only polite!
Yeah and then they see something weird and go "wtf goes on in your head?" and act all disturbed and it's like... you chose to look at it doorknob...

But yeah.
That is EXACTLY what it's like. You don't wanna be disgusted by what's underneath, don't let your curiousity get the best of you.

I sent my love a bouquet of black roses,
and inside I sent her boyfriend's left eye,
and inside the letter that I wrote her,
said "I thought the boy should see you one last time"
Trix's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lia | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 703 | Roses: 74
Old 08-14-2008 at 01:36 PM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

Agreed. I HATE it to bts when people pick up my journals, diaries and Artbooks like they're on public display or somthing. Honestly, hadn't these people ever heard of PRIVACY before???

I mean, my Journal and my artbook is very special to me. It' has a lot of thigs which are related to POTO yes, but then ty have my rants and confessions about touchy subects, and to have people ogle at it just makes me really angry.

And yes, they act all weird too whenever they come across a particularily 'mental-absense' piece of entry, and they start reading it out. Then the whole freaking class looks at youif you're a raving lunatic. I mean, I do rant but I don't need it to be publically advertised.

Back on topic:
Yes, I think that Chistine was cruel unmasking Erik like that in front of the whole audience and cast. I mean, come on girl. You saw his face before, and you know how protective of it he is, and yet you still chose to strip away his comfort. That's cruelty at it's peak.

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

~Shameless Self Advertising~

~Banners by the wonderful Kearyn, Rose and me. XD~
tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Girl | Posts: 187 | Roses: 10
Old 08-14-2008 at 05:31 PM
ChristineJ16
Wandering Child
The golden pale angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiannangel View Post

Back on topic:
Yes, I think that Chistine was cruel unmasking Erik like that in front of the whole audience and cast. I mean, come on girl. You saw his face before, and you know how protective of it he is, and yet you still chose to strip away his comfort. That's cruelty at it's peak.
I agree. Unmasking him the first time down in his lair was one thing, but then unmasking him again in front of everyone was just so cruel! Not saying of course the first time wasn't wrong either, but he let it slide only because she was curious. You wonder why he would want anything to do with her after the 2nd unmasking. For me, I'd be quite hurt and humiliated, the trust would be gone and a relationship is nothing without trust.

~Christine~
ChristineJ16's Profile Send Private Message ChristineJ16's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Seren | Gender: Male | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,033 | Roses: 10
Old 08-14-2008 at 05:54 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame le Courayer View Post
I agree: It would have been so much more appropriate to ask (even beg) him to remove the mask as the Christine in the 1991 miniseries did. Erik probably wouldn't have given in though...but still yanking it off was pretty cold.
Agreed, on both things. Like someone else said, Christine should not have let her curiosity get to her like that. I mean, if he wanted her to know about his deformity, he would have unmasked himself on his own. However, since she was the one to do so, it seems to me that she did the worst thing she could have done. It also seems to me that by unmasking him, she was breaking his trust in her. Just a few of my thoughts on this.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2008 at 02:29 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

i agree she did cross a boundry there. she should have at least asked or sumthin. she should have waited for him to show her on his own accord.