The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Victoria | Gender: A little lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 11-26-2007 at 09:32 PM
Victoria
Wandering Child
Countess of Ducks

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

I definitly think that Carlotta is very fab. She is the comic relief of story with a big ego (in a good way).

I never really hated her, sure before I was a little annoyed with her, but all in good time she grew on me :D
Victoria's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 01-30-2008 at 01:28 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Carlotta.... What can I say about Carlotta? Wow. She is amazing. She is like... my role model (Ask Cassie. She knows it's true). She is the perfect type of Prima Donna, the somewhat enemy, the comic relief, the bomb diggity... the list goes on and on. Oh God, I love her. Amo Carlotta. Lei meravigliosa, non ? Judging by my avatar, you can see I love her... a lot. She is (after Raoul) my favortie character. I would love to play her, or Christine on Broadway. I would kill to have that role....

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-08-2008 at 06:14 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Sometimes she get's on my nerves, but yet again she's the life of the stage production, from the cr--oak to the yelling and everything. it's sooo funny! I can't recall the name of the performer as the Carlotta in the Vegas perfomance I saw, but she was terifically funny! It was also funny how Vegas attitude got into the production (don't ask!) It's a bit reddening for me!

She is very pushy, snobbish, but every single production needs one! Our shcool's was our very own ShiShi! You know she's have you pinned down if you missed your que! Perhaps she'd make a wonderful Carlotta in the future! ShiShi just needs help with the wig and high notes and she's well on her way!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Fiona | Gender: Female | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-24-2008 at 12:17 AM
sweet_intoxication
Wandering Child
Christine, I love you. ♪

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

She is mellowdramatic and I suppose that is what makes it funny to watch! And the beginning scene was very funny too!

sweet_intoxication's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2008 at 02:01 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Ah.... Carlotta. The funniest, spunkiest, little Italian chick ever (expect for maybe Gloria). What else is there to say otehr than she is so loveable and dramatic? And, she has a great voice. I actually sort of admire her for knowing how to get what she wants, from either being nice or yelling. Carlotta is hilarious and my hero.

Fini.

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: margarita | Gender: lonely heart | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 03-24-2008 at 07:46 PM
cornholianphantomess
Wandering Child
Could be a crackhead?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

I love Carly,cause i'm spoiled just like her and if I could,I would steal her awesome fashion.With the diva,if nothing goes her way,everybody has to suffer.Hey,its not her fault!She's (I think)most like Erik.She's good at what she does,and wants everyone to know.Sure shes a snob but thats why we love her.When I'm not being Christine,I'm being her.And I don't know why everyone cringes when she sings "Think of Me",cause she was good!!!
Except,in the movie,she has the attitude,but not the right weight.A good diva needs to be nice and fat.The Carly I saw on stage was a little plump and she looked the part.Carly,like anyone else,wants things to go her way,but,unlike most,shes got the power to get it done!OOOOOooohhh!!!

I'm just sayin'
cornholianphantomess's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2008 at 02:57 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

Since when does a diva have to be fat to be a diva? Christine was a diva, and was as skinny as a rail. I think that's a stereotype to say that diva's should or have to be fat. That isn't true.

AnyRaouls, I think it doesn't matter her weight or her looks. As long as she ca sing and act the part, that's all that counts.

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 04-11-2008 at 11:48 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Ah, Carlotta is simply fabulous. Caroltta is practically the diva in me. The wrenching ego, the "I'm better than you" sparkle, everything about is is FAB (as Victoria said).

Course, it's not good to be mean to people, but what would a production, let alone an opera house, be without its diva. Lost, that's where! Carlotta keeps them in order, even if she doesn't go about it in the most kindly of matters...
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 04-18-2008 at 08:49 PM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

I found Carrie Hernandez's take on the character of Carlotta to be breathtakingly refreshing. Read her story Phantoms of the Mind from her book Angel of Music in which the saucy Carlotta Guidicelli was the original Little Lotte! It blew my mind. I never thought of Carlotta's past really but this author's got a very vivid imagination!
It is hard to imagine Carlotta as an innocent ingenue...but she must have been at one time right? The only thing I hate about the story is Christine is a total brat. I didn't think the author should have written so scathingly of our beloved heroine....

Md. leC.
Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 04-19-2008 at 07:09 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

That sounds very interesting, but what do you mean by 'original Little Lotte'? Did Raoul give her the nickname as well? Oh, that's juicy. Anyway, please do tell because I can't wait to just read the book! :)
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote