The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-08-2009 at 09:28 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [71] »

Ya, Leroux!Meg came off as cold to me and a bit of a ***** as well. She wasn't friends with Christine at all and was just a nosey little stint. She annoyed me. Musical!Meg is cute, fun, and curious. She's like a little kitten. :)
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-08-2009 at 09:30 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [72] »

haha cute kitten. That's a great simile :)

I of course could never remember the Gaston verison because I've read it for a book report at least thrice in my life. And so I'm not reading that again until....at least 2 years from now...so my entire school will stop thinking that I'm supernatural obsessed or something like that. Anywho. Meg was just someone random--from what I remember--I don't remember being *****y, but she was cold. Black hair, really thin...etc...

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-14-2009 at 03:37 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [73] »

Ah, ya. She wasn't even friends to Christine and she was pretty nasty all around. I think her words remarking on Christine's untrained voice were "She sings like a crock!" Or something in that unpleasant fashion. But yes, she definitly wasn't the nicest person in the opera house. I think in the Leroux book, she was the voice of reason. She tried to dissuade the other ballet rats from the Opera Ghost stories (unlike in some versions where she encourages them) even though she new for a fact that they were true.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 08-14-2009 at 05:11 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [74] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Countess View Post
Quick question: This has been peeving me for quite some time and I just want to know everyone else's input on this. What does Meg stand for? I mean, is it like a nickname for something or what?

Natrually, I think maybe Megan or something, but what does everyone else think?

Meg is actually a shortened version of Marguerite. I honestly hate it when people write her as "Megan". She's a French girl in the late 19th century, I can almost 100 percent guarentee that her name was not Megan. That's really all I have to add. Carry on!
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2009 at 04:33 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [75] »

Ah, ya like that whole Erik Destler nonsense. When the story takes place in Paris, it helps when there are no English names involved. I guess it's what people think of first when they hear Meg (I know that's what I thought). I mean, when you first hear it, you don't really think that Meg comes out of Marguerite. An easily made error.

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-09-2010 at 05:47 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [76] »

SPOLIERS

Has anyone seen or reasearched the plot/songs to Love Never Dies? In it, Meg's character-- next to Raoul's-- is probably the most changed and most maligned. She's a vaudville burlesque girl, singing and dancing to please her master (Erik), she is attention starved, something of a diva, and at the end she snaps and kills Christine out of love/jealousy with Erik. While I'm as anti-sequel as the majority of fans, I do have a question: How could Meg's character change so much in a ten year span? What catalysts do you think could have pushed sweet, curious, ALW-original Meg over the edge?
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: April | Gender: female | Age: 34 | Posts: 135 | Roses: 10
Old 10-05-2010 at 06:03 PM
wandering child
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [77] »

spoilers

I think her mother had a lot to do with it. She kept encouraging Meg to make herself useful to Erik, to do all she could for him. But there's only so much a dancing girl can do, so she turned to prostitution. That's bound to take it's toll. And then she never got any recognition from Erik for what she'd done. When he mother told her all she'd done, all she'd given, had been a waste, she couldn't accept it. However, i do not condone what she did. Gustave and Christine didn't do anything to hurt her, and Erik had no idea what she'd been doing. But as Erik said once he knew, she'd felt ugly, bruised, broken, and used. She'd been robbed of love and pride, been ignored and pushed aside. if you think about it, even her own mother only seemed to care about using meg to get what she could from Erik, so no real love even from her.

Question though, I've heard it said madame Giry turned her out for prostitution, but did she know? At one point she told Meg she had an "admirer" Or was he a "client"? And madame giry did seem shocked later, but she may have just been finally realizing what she's done to meg and the full extent of it.
wandering child's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 102 | Roses: 10
Old 08-17-2015 at 07:10 PM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [78] »

I don't if this was answered, but my theory of how Meg got into Christine's dressing room was Mme Giry does have keys to certain places so Meg "borrowed" her mothers keys to get into Christine's room (I think if you watch the movie really closely you might see a key somewhere when she enters but I'm not sure)
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 08-17-2015 at 07:58 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [79] »

Very true; in the movie, she does have a key in that scene -- she probably nicked it from her mother at some point. Madame Giry realized that Meg and the keys were missing, and found her before she could get too far down in the cellars.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote