The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-19-2006 at 09:30 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

I was actually rather surprised that I liked Jen's portrayal as much as I did. I knew of her by reputation; she had made a name for herself by posing for men's magazines in the UK, and so I initially thought, "What in the world is ALW thinking?" But after seeing the film, I thought she did have a rather nice voice, and she made the most of what little screentime she had.

My only major complaint is that the scene where she finds the passage behind Christine's mirror, while nice, didn't really go far enough to be worthwhile. She found the passage, and it was never mentioned again... Somehow, it seems like a major waste of a good idea.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: doris | Gender: female | Posts: 33 | Roses: 10
Old 05-24-2006 at 06:01 PM
doristelford
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Excuse me, I may have missed something, but who is Megs father.
doristelford's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 05-28-2006 at 07:52 PM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Quote:
Originally posted by IamErik771
One question: Who unlocked the door to Christine's dressing room? Did Erik go back up while Christine was sleeping and unlock it? Does Madame Giry have a key?
Meg unlocked the door to Christine's room. In the movie, you can here someone unlocking the door and then you see Meg open the door. She also sets the keys on a table by Christine's mirror. If you watch the movie with subtitles, it will say [places keys on table]... (Yeah, my T.V. has subtitles on it, I have them on there in case I miss something)

I would also like to find out who Meg's father is. This is kinda out there, but do you think there's a possibility that Meg's father could be the phantom? + = ?

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 06-14-2006 at 07:47 PM
Melody0798
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

I enjoyed her portrayal, she seemed right for the part. But I suppose I agree with IamErik771, that plot point wasn't really a point, it just sort of, ended. Wonder why that is... hmmmm... oh well, I all in all liked Jennifer's look about Meg, she seemed sweet and innocent, and child like I suppose, and I just woke up with no coffee as of yet so I apologize if this makes no sense at all...

\"Sometimes dreams can be real...\" -Erik
Melody0798's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 288 | Roses: 10
Old 06-15-2006 at 05:01 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

I thought Jennifer seemed to fit the character very well. She had a soft quiet voice and the perfect petite figure to be a ballerina. I feel like we never got to see enough of Christine and her really together, but you could tell from the beginning that they were best friends. She portrayed her character very well by acting innocent and sweet.

I Love My Banner KT!
AAW0487's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2006 at 05:25 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

I kinda wondered that same question for a while, Jamie. But honestly i'm not 100% sure. I mean you think if he had been the father, Madame Giry would have been with him more, and possibly might have been jelouse of Christine and Erik's relationship with one another. Plus I don't think Meg looked anything like Erik what so ever. And at the end when Erik is kissed he cries like it's the first time in his life he ever has been. So im thinking he isn't the father. Because well you get the idea...

In the movie I thought I saw a picture of a man that could have been Madame Giry's husband on her dresser, while she's telling Raoul the story of how she met Erik. But it could have just been another picture of someone else too. But the man in the picture looked as if he might have been a soilder or something. So maybe he died in a fight/war?

Either way i'm really not sure.. I suppose anything is possible...

I Love My Banner KT!

Old 07-06-2006 at 06:00 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

I agree with Anna! There is a big difference between ALW's version and Leroux's. How they came up with a blonde, angelic, sweet, faithful Meg from Leroux's version is beyond me. I also find her to be rather amusing in his novel as well!

I Love My Banner KT!

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 01-22-2007 at 09:09 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

The characters from each version of The Phantom of the Opera vary so greatly. From Meg being a homely, black haired dance to a blonde beauty... that's quite a change. I mean, each author has their own unique style when it comes to telling the story of the Phantom. So I guess there is always room for differences or change;
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 01-22-2007 at 10:17 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

I don't want to brag, but my story won the Christmas story competition. Read it, please, because Meg is a very important part in the story. I hope Meg fans will read it and let me know what they think. I wrote it in one go, except to pare out some words to meet the limit, and the end surprised me. I guess, after numerous viewings of the musical film, I was more intrigued than I realized about Meg and Erik.

Remember how curious Meg seemed about the Phantom. Her mother stopped her from going downstairs. During the search for Christine, she explores the lair, picking up the mask and looking as if she might go through the shattered-mirror door. AND, she comes to the auction, meaning to purchase the music box. Hey, Meg! You should have taken it when you had the chance! Silly girl! She's still "Giry" at the end, isn't she? I could picture Meg meeting Erik but learning she could never replace Christine in his heart.

As for her mother: She and Erik seemed nearly the same age. I do wonder if they might not have had a stronger connection, living as they did at the Opera House. She was the only one who knew where he lived, and she admired and protected him. Maybe someone should write a book about this whole other side of the story. Watch how dreamy she acts at times, especially when she's doing her hair.

Sorry. That was definitely off-topic, wasn't it?

Anyway, I hope some of the Meg supporters will read my story and let me know what they think. Actually, I'm tempted to continue it.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 06-25-2007 at 11:42 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

I think the change came because ALW combined the characters of Meg, Jammes, and possibly Sorelli. She seems to be a main dancer (not a background girl), she's pretty, but she maintains her name and relation to a Phantom-connection character.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote