The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Victoria | Gender: A little lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 11-26-2007 at 10:50 PM
Victoria
Wandering Child
Countess of Ducks

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Hmmm...I don't think so.

*begin rant*

I thought in the movie his hair was more of a mousey brownish color...not the main point though. My main point is the lyric that Erik says during DOM:

"That fate, which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh ... "

Doesn't that kind of mean he's a virgin?

Besides if he did sleep with Mme. Giry, then why would he be so hasty to have Chrisitne? I mean he's only wanted to be loved, so if he did have a lover and a child, then why go after another girl if he had all he ever wanted?

Just doesn't peice together for me...
Victoria's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 02-25-2008 at 01:23 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

She took the words right from my mouth! ^^^ thank you, Victoria...

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Fiona | Gender: Female | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-24-2008 at 12:15 AM
sweet_intoxication
Wandering Child
Christine, I love you. ♪

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

It's a theory...But 1. There is a picture of a man in Mme Giry's room when she tells Raoul about The Phantom.

2. It would be SO wrong on SO many levels as Meg & Christine are similar in ages...

3. That would make it...that if Meg was Erik's child, then Erik would be having an obsession Christine, Meg's best friend. o__0 I'm sure you can all figure that out.

sweet_intoxication's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 04-19-2008 at 07:07 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

I don't think that it woudl have really mattered to Erik if the girl he loved was best friends with his daughter. It's more questionalbe in the musical than in the movie/book. In the musical, they give no explainations about Mme. Giry's backround or histroy with Erik so it's harder to tell. Overall, I agree with Victoria (we have the same name!). Well done dear.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 10-17-2008 at 06:53 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I personally don't think that could've happened. Also, the fact that they have the same hair color has nothing to do with it!
A.G.
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-10-2009 at 05:44 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

If they were related in anyway it would be like a father having a 'thing' for his daughters friend, and well you know that's just not how life would function...I think.

Madame Giry did not even seen attracted to him in the least bit, but more like pity for him she had in her heart.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: Pudding, Bubbles, Pablo, Spider | Gender: Mademoiselle | Age: 22 | Posts: 242 | Roses: 0
Old 08-01-2009 at 04:48 PM
La Masque
Wandering Child
Erik's Margarita

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

Ok, I hate to burst any bubbles here, cause this is a cool subject, but in the book it does mention that Madame Giry is a widow in like the first or second chapter. That and in the movie when Raoul gets pulled aside after the masquerade is crashed, she says she raised him like her own. It would make it kind of difficult to have that kind of relationship with your child. (And she did raise Christine. Soooo If she just stands to the side and lets the whole nasty thing unfurl, isn't that like hooking your kids up with eachother.)

Thank you PJ for the awesome sig!! You are the Angel of Awesomeness!!
La Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 08-01-2009 at 09:28 PM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

Plus, in the book, Mme. Giry referred to her late husband and said "God rest his soul." Can't be Erik.

The first post in this thread made the argument that Meg had blonde hair and that the Phantom did as well. That was in the '04 movie. In the book, Meg has dark hair.

Erik being the father of Meg is only the work of phiction.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:36 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

I could never imagine Erik as the father of Meg. It really creative and all, but no! It just can't world. I'm not sure about the musical, but Erik as a deformed man has no different color hair that is mentioned...at least from what I read. If I'm am wrong please correct me.

For some crazy reason in the 2004 movie GErik's hair changes colors...awkward....

So apparently his mask is connected to his wig inthe 2004 movie...why?

Anywho.

I think it is mostly insinuated in the 2004 movie that they are a "family". May I just say NO!

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 08-05-2009 at 07:04 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Silk View Post
So apparently his mask is connected to his wig inthe 2004 movie...why?
I don't think the mask was attatched to the wig, but it had a string in the back. So when Christine pulled the mask off, the wig came with it, too. She did pull upwards, so the wig could have easily come off with the mask.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote