The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Hannah | Gender: Female! ^_^ | Age: 28 | Posts: 33 | Roses: 10
Old 06-10-2006 at 01:11 PM
Red rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Erik, Meg, and Madame Giry?????  Post [1]

Hey guys! Just a thought that came to mind a little while ago, and i thought i'd start a convo about it!

What if Meg was actually Erik's child???

I have a number of reasons to back this theory up:

1.) Madame Giry and Erik have known eachother for years, so could they have had a relationship when they were younger?

2.) There's no mention at all of Meg's father or Madame Giry's husband, so Meg could have been born out of wedlock??

3.) Both Meg and Erik have blonde hair in the film!

These are just a few ideas that sprang to mind, feel free to add and discuss about it! ^_^

I know i can't refuse, and yet, i wish i could....
Red rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 06-10-2006 at 10:17 PM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I've wondered about that too. YAY! Someone agrees. I'm not completely crazy!!! Firstly, I don't think Madame Giry has a husband. Wouldn't she live with him instead of the Opera House? So the two conclusions drawn from that are that Madame Giry's husband died or Meg was born out of wedlock. I agree with Hannah on the first two points. On the third point, I thought the Phantom's hair was a light brown, but it was so thin that when light shone on it, it looked sorta blonde. You can tell his hair is brown when he's standing in areas that have less light reflecting on it. I think the idea is very possible, but we probably will never know.

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 26 | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 06-14-2006 at 08:25 PM
Melody0798
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

That's an interesting theory, but now in the original book wasn't Meg a brunette? Sorry if I'm incorrect, I just woke up. But I like the idea though, it makes sense... hmmm *goes off to ponder*

\"Sometimes dreams can be real...\" -Erik
Melody0798's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 288 | Roses: 10
Old 06-15-2006 at 06:24 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Hannah you made some very interesting points. I have kinda pondered whether or not they may have had some kind of relationship too. But I dunno if anyone else noticed this but I am pretty sure when Madame Giry is in her room fixing her hair at night or when she is talking to Raoul there is a picture of a man. And I think he might have been in uniform which probably means that he passed away during the war or something of that sort.

However, there is always the possibility that they could have been an item at some point. But I think Madame Giry would have been jelouse of Christine though.

I Love My Banner KT!
AAW0487's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 06-16-2006 at 05:00 AM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I never noticed the man in uniform. I wish my dvd wasn't scratched now, or I'd try to find it. I think you also have a point about Madame Giry getting jealous, but then again, she seems like the type of woman who could get over it easily.

Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 288 | Roses: 10
Old 07-06-2006 at 07:25 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

LoL! I'm just waiting for the day my dvd either gets scratched or worn out! It will eventually happen though. Yeah, Madame Giry doesn't seem like a woman that would be too jelouse. But when Erik is kissed it seems like he has been kissed for the first time in his life..at least in the movie. So if Madame Giry and him had Meg together wouldn't he have not cried when he was kissed?

I Love My Banner KT!
AAW0487's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2006 at 06:07 PM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Maybe they never kissed, they might've just... I can't think of a PG-13 way to put it, catch my drift...

Who is Meg's father?
The World May Never Know

How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Center Of A Tootsie Pop?

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 184 | Roses: 10
Old 07-14-2006 at 03:29 AM
Chance_or_Destiny
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Granted, the thought has crossed my mind, but i've quickly dismissed it because i didn't feel that particular vibe between madam giry and Erik. In the book Meg is considerably younger and i guess that would make it more plausable. However in the movie when Meg finds the mask, i didn't think ohh, it might be her daddy, i thought she's more interested in him as a man. But all things are possible, I guess.

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but rather in ourselves!
Courtsey of the fabulous KT Mae!
Chance_or_Destiny's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 04-28-2007 at 07:29 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

I haven't completed reading the Leroux novel, so I can't say. But, when I watched the musical film, that very thing did cross my mind: Did anything happen between the two, and could Meg be Erik's child?

Yes, I noticed in that scene in which she's at the dresser that there is a photograph, possibly her husband lost in some war. Perhaps that man is Meg's father. If Erik is her father, shouldn't he want to teach her to sing, rather than some orphaned girl who has been brought to the opera house?

In Leroux's novel, Erik doesn't seem to think much of Meg. But, in the film, Madame Giry does stop her from going below though Meg seems extremely curious about doing so. She finally gets to the lair and looks as if she might want to search the place--at least to me that's what comes to mind when I watch this scene.

Wouldn't it be creepy though if Erik was after a girl the age of Meg if the latter was his daughter?

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hana | Gender: Female | Posts: 7 | Roses: 10
Old 04-28-2007 at 07:48 AM
AngelofMusic122
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I, like so many, have pondered this too. Madame Giry doesn't seem to get jealous of Christine, but maybe that's because she's over him, and now she has to raise the daughter of the Phantom. That's not particularily(sp?) the kind of thing that you go and tell everyone about. Also, it may just be me, but whenever the Phantom shows up(In the film) who's the first person that Madame Giry pulls to her side? Meg. Like she wants to proect her from Erik. Maybe it is just the whole mother protective feeling thing kicking in, but that is just something I noticed, or maybe I am just thinking things up. I haven't seen the movie in a while, so I am going off memory here.

I remain your obedient servent,

A.O.M.
AngelofMusic122's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote