The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 05-06-2005 at 04:19 AM
Selenity
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Quote:
Originally posted by cinty I've heard of Julie Hanson, Selenity. She sounds very good indeed. :) I believe that she and Sandra Dundale take it in turns to perform Christine on Broadway?
Do you mean Sandra Joseph? She's the prinicpal Christine on Broadway and Julie Hanson is the alternate. I wish it were the other way around though ;)

Sincerely,
Selenity
Selenity's Profile Send Private Message Selenity's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-06-2005 at 01:31 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Oh I'm sorry. I got the last names confused. I meant Sandra Joseph. But isn't Sandra Joseph good too? That is what I have heard. Have you seen both women perform? I am so jealous of people who have seen more than one performance of it! I am just dying to see it on stage!!

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 05-08-2005 at 12:32 PM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I think she's pretty naive about the whole Phantom being an Angel thing..but that's just my opinion.
One thing that really annoys me is that Christine, after she faints when she sees her statue/image in the Phantoms cave, still manages to point her toes whilst out cold :D How many people d'you think remember to point their toes whilst they faint...*raises eyebrow*

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 05-11-2005 at 05:43 AM
Christine Daa
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Some say Christine is too stupid and wishy-washy to be deserving of the Phantom's love. What I ask is this: what would you do in her place? Two guys are after you, one whom you've had a huge crush on since you were fifteen, the other who writes operas for you, teaches you to sing, kills for you in hopes of somehow making you love him. What would you do? I'll tell you something, I wouldn't know what to do. Loving two people at once isn't hard -- it's happened to me. I identify with Christine, as I was once in her shoes.

~ Zelda de le Fantôme

Christine Daa's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 05-30-2005 at 10:06 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I wouldn't say that Christine was the bit stupid at all. She was a very intelligent girl but she was caught between two worlds and she couldn't decide between each. Keep in mind, her character is supposed to be only 16 or so... and teenage emotions can get in the way many times. ;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 06-25-2005 at 10:48 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Christine seemed naive, not stupid. She grew up a lot during the movie, and after the Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again scene, she didn't need her Angel as much as she did before. She let her father go. I think that is one of the things that scared her before PONR, and what allowed her to let herself go in Erik's arms during PONR. Before that, he had still been her angel and untouchable. Once she said goodbye to her father, he became a man in her eyes. That also shed her of some of innocence. What she felt was not child's play.

Christine was truly a good person who got confused between her childhood sweetheart and the man who had rescued her from a lonely youth. Somewhere between the graveyard scene and PONR, she let go of the childlike purity and stepped into womanhood, only to have the choice that could ruin her life thown at her before she could fully accept that.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 301 | Roses: 10
Old 06-25-2005 at 04:17 PM
YoungGiry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

She is naive, but that isn't neccesarily a bad thing. But I do think that she is a darker character then many think. As many have said, she does grow during the story, and in many ways th entire story is the story of her growth into maturity. But of course there are other aspects to the story as well...

The angel sees, the angel knows.
YoungGiry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 27 | Roses: 10
Old 07-12-2005 at 12:58 AM
Mouette
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

I generally like Christine, but occasionally (particularly in Kay's novel) I feel a strong urge to shake her. Such as when she betrays Erik (in both Leroux's and Kay's work) by deciding that she isn't going to tell him what her choice (Wretched Boy or Angel?) is. She has chosen to stay with this man for days on end alone in his home, and he has never layed a finger on her. Can't she trust and respect him enough to at least let him know what her decision is?! Of course, she is young . . . and Erik is a singularly confusing person. But still . . . if she could have just trusted him!

\"You try my patience!\"

Mouette's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 09-04-2005 at 03:56 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

I agree with you, Zelda. She's torn between two men, both ready to kill each other for her love. It isn't flip-of-the-coin decision, and the pressure is all on her.

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 09-05-2005 at 05:21 AM
RoseDark
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

I feel Christine is very spiritual and a dreamer to the point of not always having the strongest hold on reality as we know it, but that's what I love about her. I also got the impression that she does have strength, but, in some versions, due to the dependant nature of her upbringing, she doesn't always realise it, which is why she'd look for protection or a decision to be taken out of her hands.

RoseDark's Profile Send Private Message RoseDark's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote