The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: G | Gender: Depends. | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 02-04-2006 at 07:18 AM
metafizzypop
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
the Phantom's dream date  Post [1]

Dressed up as the Phantom, Gerard Butler looks so good it hurts. A character brilliant and beautiful, dangerous and glamourous, it's no wonder so many phans would rather see Christine with him than Raoul. Erik realy is the more exciting choice. Considering that he's supposed to be a genius, it's a more intellectual choice, too. Though still, probably not the right one for Christine. Raoul might seem insipid, boring, sappy, childish, too darn sweet, etc. But Christine is the same way. Raoul might seem dull to some, but Christine seems dull to me. Raoul was the right choice FOR HER.
I believe that the Phantom could have found himself another woman. I'm going to get a little sci-fi here and ask this: what if fictional characters could leap from one novel to another, or one movie to another, or time-period to another? I think there's lots of women out there in the land of literature and film who would be ideal for Erik the Phantom. And I'm going to propose my top three.
In the 3 spot, I will put the character played by Sharon Stone in the film "Basic Instinct." Now there's a woman who can hold her own against a madman. Or anyone else.
In the 2 spot, I'll put Catherine Earnshaw from "Wuthering Heights." She loved Heathcliff, another madman and one with a background similar to the Phantom's, of abuse. So she's acquanted with the syndrome.
In the number one spot I will venture Emily Strange. Who? You can check out www.emilystrange.com. It's worth the visit if you don't know who this comic book young woman is. She's enough to scare the most crazed and enraged Phantom into submission.
I'd love to hear if anyone else out there has ideas for who to match Erik up with since, obviously, Christine is already taken. Let's find a dream date for Erik! Fictional or real people, it's all for fun!
metafizzypop's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 03-04-2006 at 11:13 PM
erik's_admirer
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

*hee hee*
Lets see; in my number 3 place: me
Number 2 place: me
Number 1 place: me

I think your right about Christine: She's too boring to deserve Erik. But I always want her to stay with him at the end, because he looks so sad. And wouldn't you rather him be happy with Christine then unhappy and alone, like he ends up?
Which is why this is such perfect solution.
Yep, I think Erik and I would do just peachy. :)

:DFar behond the Point of No Return:D
erik's_admirer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006 at 08:14 AM
metafizzypop
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Sounds like a three-way tie.

I would set him up with Batgirl. She wears a mask, too. She wouldn't mind living in a cave. And they could have cape twirling contests.

@}---8---

Gnostic Libertarian Jungian.

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 57 | Roses: 10
Old 04-29-2006 at 01:35 AM
The Trapdoor Lover
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

BAH to caves. My basement is so much more romantic. And I have a cloak!! And I'm decent at swirling it. Still learning. In a while I think I'll have it down, and be able to give Erik a run for his money. Out with Batgirl. She can stay in her cave. In with Charlotte. And besides, isn't Batgirl Batman's chick? Or is she his daughter? I'm confused. Oh well...it's not any change from my usual state. :D

I remain, gentlemen, Erik\'s Obediant Servant,
C.G.
The Trapdoor Lover's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 47 | Roses: 10
Old 04-29-2006 at 04:55 AM
eriks_muse87
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Ummm k. I feel somewhat juvenile; considering the female I'd suggest for him is, well, sort of from a fairy-tale-ish novel. Name's Ella... from Ella Enchanted... ::winces:: I only said it because she craves affection and adventure... and the sarcasm we've come to associate with Erik. Although she might get sick of his attentions... Anyhoodles, don't I just feel like the thread killer today? Yah. I done.
eriks_muse87's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chanda | Gender: 99% Woman 1% Girl | Age: 30 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 04-30-2006 at 01:56 AM
Raptured Night
She walks in beauty like the night

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I most certainly agree, Christine and Raoul work for each other. They both posses the same mental maturity and I believe as happy as Erik would have been had she stayed it wouldn't have ended as happily ever after as he believed.

One main reason is because even if she does love him it would only be the first step. Erik wouldn't just up and get over years of past rejection and pain. Speaking in psychological terms neglect is the worst form of child abuse, and studies show it causes the most trama. Even more than molestation, general physical abuse, etc.

I would say that Erik would still have a great deal of past issues to overcome. And because of his past he would most likely be very jealous, controlling, and demanding of Christine even after she gave him her heart if only because in his mind he is use to being betrayed.

Christine in all her youth and naivete wouldn't be able to handle Erik's psychological issues. I have a good feeling that all of his past demons and mental issues would scare her, and she wouldn't be able to handle it like a more mature and experianced woman would. Erik quite simply needs a woman and not a little girl, or a woman who doesn't want to leave behind her childhood such as I tend to see Christine as being, both in books/movies etc. He also needs a stronger woman who could handle his moods and the like. So in my opinion three good matches would be.

3. Catherine Earnshaw- From Wuthering Heights. I agree, her background with Heathcliff, would give her experiance when it came to handling Erik.

2. Electra- From the movie. While less eager to find love I believe that she would be a good match for Erik. She's lovely, and deadly not to mention a woman who has had a lot of trials in her own life so I believe she would know how to cope with his own.

1. Selene- From Underworld. Okay so she's a vampire but they both have that whole love for the night thing going on. She's strong and fierce and I believe she would be more than capable of handling Erik's moods.
Raptured Night's Profile Send Private Message Raptured Night's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006 at 03:43 AM
metafizzypop
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

I like those choices. Elektra, yeah, I think she could definitely handle him. And Selene, too. I noticed you did not pick any "soft" women." I agree that Erik needs someone with a real spine.

Someone I'd like to add to the list is Lara Croft. This is another gal who can kick ass, and interestingly, when Angelina Jolie played her in the second LC movie, her costar was Gerard Butler. GB played Terry Sheridan, quite a scoundrel himself.

6\-)

Old 05-07-2006 at 04:16 AM
Raptured Night

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Ooo, interesting addition. Yes Lara Croft would, and I remember that. I like that idea, plus she has an adventurious streak in her that Erik has himself. She has a knowledge of the world and not just Paris, and could discuss a lot of interesting topics with him. Good idea Metafizzypop!
Raptured Night's Profile Send Private Message Raptured Night's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2006 at 08:11 AM
metafizzypop
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

I just thought of someone else -- Catwoman. Oooh, that woman is so bad she's good. She got Batman (another masked man) pretty weak in the knees. I think she could do a good job with Erik, turning him into a partner in crime.

@}---8---

Old 07-02-2006 at 11:12 PM
Raptured Night

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

Yeah, plus she is good with a whip, and Erik is good with his lasso, that would be an interesting pair. Though a deadly one perhaps, I could just see the havoc they could cause. I wouldn't know just who would end up keeping who in line between the two of them.