The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Don Juan Triumphant Don Juan's Libretto
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-05-2009 at 02:08 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [51]

This has never occured to me, but has anyone thought that Madame knew what Erik was capable of before the recent deaths or was she just clueless. I mean in the 2004 movie she obviously saved him because of his murder, but did she know else where? In the books of Gaston and Kay...I don't think so, and then in the musical not really...but the idea that I have for the musical is only an assumption.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 02:15 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [52]

Maybe. It would explain why she was so bent on warning everyone of him and making sure that no stories were spread that may anger him. It would explain a lot actually. Why she didn't help the others in bringing Erik to justice, why she did most of the things she did.

Excellent notion, Patrica.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:18 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [53]

I personally think that Madame thinks to motherly toward everyone, and somewhat to Erik, but enough that she wouldn't really try to kill him (stupid sequel). I mean everyone already knows that sequels usually suck, why make something amazing into a sequel...leave it as it IS!!!!

Madame Giry does have a kind soul, and she's really isn't mother goose, but why would she hurt what she is trying to protect? Riches? What money can you get out a murderer? A ticket to heaven? Ha! really?

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:28 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [54]

Maybe she is trying to protect Meg or something from Erik. That would be a good enough reason I guess.

But I agree with you, Madame Giry does not seem like the greedy or murdering kind. And yes, sequels ruin everything.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2009 at 02:47 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [55]

Yes! Sequels don't make sense. :( I can't even see why it was his novel that ALW chose...what ever his name is. Love never Dies...okay...or wait Phantom of Manhattan??? ech! Not really! Yes he would go there, but give us a better reason other than being killed by his assistant.

Old 08-07-2009 at 02:56 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [56]

Ugh, even just thinking about that dreadful sequel gives me a headache. I want it to fail so badly. Just the thought of marring our beloved characters in such a way is just crimanal, especailly in the case of Madame Giry. Again, headaches...

I'm not going to get myself all worked up over it though. I'll rant and rave another day.

Old 08-07-2009 at 04:41 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [57]

I just hope that Madame Giry doesn't really become the antagonist...it's just soooooo contradicting. And if so, should improve the story line to have it not change as much from the original story of Phantom of the Opera...seriously :(

Madame is probably one of the basic characters needed in order for the original story to actually go on. Sadly when they change that they change everything :(

Name: Anne | Gender: Female | Posts: 60 | Roses: 10
Old 08-07-2009 at 06:25 PM
EriklovesLea
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [58]

I must agree with you about the ALW sequel. Certainly there was a better book he could have chosen. I read a summary of TPOM and said that here was one book that I would NEVER be interested in. Imagine my shock when ALW chose it. Raoul a drunk, the Phantom a rapist, and a child born with a mask-PULEEZE!!!
And him coming to Coney Island?? No way. It makes a clown out of him when he was a serious and giften musician. IMHO it demeans his intelligence and his capabilities. I too am one who will never see it.
Anne

Mankind looks on the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. 1Samuel 16:7
The more I know mankind, the more I love my dogs.
Author of "The Phantom's Redemption" available now.
EriklovesLea's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2009 at 02:22 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [59]

Whether ALW had a deal with the writer or he just wanted to take the challenge it's going to show on the stage :(

Madame Giry's character is probably one of my favorites--okay is--and I can't see her as an antagonist. So repetitive but then again I can't help, but help but emphasis.