Name: Tasha | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 13 | Roses: 10
Old 01-18-2010 at 05:31 AM
angel of the night
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Xanadu  Post [1]

just wondering has anyone seen the broadway show or the movie version?
I've listened to the soundtrack and im hooked I love that song Xanadu its a catchy little toon :)
angel of the night's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-07-2010 at 02:33 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

My question is "Have you seen Xana Don't"? It's actually a parody of Xanadu. In all honesty, I don't like this musical. I mean, campy is fine to an extent (look at Hairspray and Legally Blonde), but the original movie was a failure, I'm not quite sure why they thought making it a musical would somehow make it better. It's a predictable plot with predictable music. That's just my opinion. You're welcome to your own.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sandra | Gender: female | Age: 39 | Posts: 53 | Roses: 10
Old 07-07-2010 at 08:22 AM
Eriks_phan
Wandering Child
True love knows no boundaries

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Sorry to disagree with you,Chrissy. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! It came out when I was 5 years old, so I grew up with those "old fashioned" rollerskates and legwarmers. Yes, the movie was a flop in the theater, but people liked it a few years later. The EXACT same thing happened to "Somewhere in Time". It was a theater flop, and got popular a few years down the line.

I love this movie because it was Gene Kelly's last real movie (I ADORE him). He choreographed the dance between him and Olivia-Newton John. It may have been a bit campy, but that was the intent. It was meant to be a bit surreal. I love the music in it too. It was kid of a cross-over sound, not quite disco, and not quite pop. Olivia-Newton John actually wanted to be in that movie. She approached the producers and basically asked to be in it. It actually helped her career as a singer in the long run.

As for the plot, what's not predictable anymore? Movies seem to all have that problem from time to time. Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion. And if you haven't seen the movie, watch it, and then judge it. Don't judge it by what you have read or what you have been told about it. It's always best to ignore critics and come to your own conclusion.

^My Phantom tattoo re-inked! Yay!!!!^
"Turn your face away, from the garish light of day"
"Let your soul take you where you long to be!"
Eriks_phan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 06-05-2011 at 09:46 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerading rose View Post
My question is "Have you seen Xana Don't"? It's actually a parody of Xanadu. In all honesty, I don't like this musical. I mean, campy is fine to an extent (look at Hairspray and Legally Blonde), but the original movie was a failure, I'm not quite sure why they thought making it a musical would somehow make it better. It's a predictable plot with predictable music. That's just my opinion. You're welcome to your own.
The musical is actually a spoof/parody of the original movie, which is pretty bad. Either way my school is doing it next year! I love the music and the plot is vey cliche which makes it pretty hilarious! I'm so excited! Roller SKATES!!!!! I am so ready for this. I just have to say "Aussie accents all the way!!!!"

I'M A MUSE!!! Euterpe! Bring on the roller skate dancin'!!!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote