Old 06-05-2007 at 10:27 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

My best friend is in a school play of Cats. He plays Mr. Mistoffolies. I love that kitty.... Cool Cat.

I like teh song Mr. Mistoffolies and Memory best. THe overture is also very good.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lotte | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 34 | Roses: 10
Old 06-06-2007 at 08:52 PM
MrsOwenJones
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Its touring in england i shall be seeing it soon but in the mean time i have to make do with the video. It is so entertaining with amazing dances and great singing the plot is complex and a little weird but overal its really entertaining. I suggest you by the book its a poem book by T. S Eliot called Practical cats or something like thati can't really remeber but anyway the musical is based on that book and the lyrics in it are very similar to the original poems.

MrsOwenJones's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-06-2007 at 11:37 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Hmm. I didn't know it was a book. Sound interesting. Are all the songs from the book? Intriging..... Hmmm... Well, Anyway, Cats sound really interesting. I'll look into it more.

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Gen | Gender: Just A Girl | Age: 30 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 06-12-2007 at 07:22 PM
bohemian
Wandering Child
Perfectly Marvellous

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

Yep, it's Old Possum's Book of Cats by T.S. Elliot.

I believe that's the title, my memory's a bit rusty.

I remember when I went through a CATS phase in junior high school. When I was in sixth grade, I wanted to be a cat and get to prowl around onstage. A few years ago, my mother and I saw a production of it at a nearby theatre and it was marvellous. We were sitting up close, so it kind of made the experience even better - as the set and the costumes were simply amazing.

A long time ago, in the underground realm, where there are no lies or pain, there lived a Princess who dreamt of the human world. She dreamt of blue skies, soft breeze and sunshine. One day, eluding her keepers, the Princess escaped. Once outside, the brightness blinded her and erased every trace of the past from her memory. She forgot who she was, and where she came from. Her body suffered cold, sickness and pain. Eventually she died. However, her father, the King, always knew that the Princess' soul would return, perhaps in another body, in another place, at another time. And he would wait for her, until he drew his last breath, until the world stopped turning...
And it is said that the Princess returned to her father's kingdom. That she reigned there with justice and a kind heart for many centuries. That she was loved by her people. And that she left behind small traces of her time on Earth, visible only to those who know where to look.
bohemian's Profile Send Private Message bohemian's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2007 at 08:05 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Wow. It sounds great! Who played Mr. Mistofolies?

My friend is playing that cat, and he is really interested in who played him in the past years.

Name: Christine | Gender: Young Lady | Age: 25 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 08-18-2007 at 08:26 PM
Phantom's Love
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

I enjoy Cats alot the differnet characters are really neat Bombalurina:the sexy red female Demeter:The shy sister of Bombalurina Cassandra:A mystical weird cat Electra:Also weird and always mad Etcetera:A bouncy happy go lucky kitten Jellylorum:A mother type cat always watching the kittens Jemina:A beautiful kitten with a lovely voice is played by Sarah Brightman(Christine) Macavity:The male villain he likes Demeter and is very trickey Munkustrap:The male protector of the tribe he is also in love with Demeter. Tumblebrutus:A happy outhtere cat Rum Tum Tugger: the lady Cat he can be seen flirting with all the girls

Alonzo:kinda like munustrap does protect also Poncival: Also a ver happy kitten who loves to play Victoria: A white kitten who loves to dance ballet And many more
Phantom's Love's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007 at 07:44 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

Wow, you seem to really know alot! Wow! You must be like the "Walking, Talking 'Cats' encyclopedia" or something! I'm really actually quite interested, and I hope you can continue telling me abput Cats.

Name: Christine | Gender: Young Lady | Age: 25 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 08-19-2007 at 08:55 PM
Phantom's Love
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Well thank you! You should Email me we could talk more and i good give you more info.
My Email is sing2hights@yahoo.com

Email me i would love to talk! Anyway thanks for the compliment

your truly Christine or Phantoms love
Phantom's Love's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Abhik | Gender: Male | Age: 25 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 09-25-2007 at 06:44 AM
Phanatic2000
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

When I was very young, I saw little clips of cats on TV on Great Performances and Reading Rainbow

Cats is a remainder of my old days and lost childhood.
I didn't think much of it for a long time UNTIL I became interested in Broadway after liking POTO
I happened to hear "Memory" on my friend's IPod and I feel in love!
All my young memories came back to me.

I just got to see the DVD and it was AWESOME!

No one I know likes Cats Unfortunately :(

"Poor, unhappy Erik! Shall we pity him? Shall we curse him? He asked only to be "some one," like everybody else. But he was too ugly! And he had to hide his genius or use it to play tricks with, when, with an ordinary face, he would have been one of the most distinguished of mankind! He had a heart that could have held the empire of the world; and, in the end, he had to content himself with a cellar."(Gaston Leroux)
Phanatic2000's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Victoria | Gender: A little lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 11-26-2007 at 04:28 AM
Victoria
Wandering Child
Countess of Ducks

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

I don't know any of the songs really, except Memory which is absolutly beautiful and I love it :D

But, since it's from ALW, it must be really good!

Thanks for all the info too Phantom's Love
Victoria's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote