Old 05-06-2005 at 05:26 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Cats  Post [1] »

I never got to see the full version of Cats on Broadway or on television as well before it retired. Are there any fans out there? I’m not a fan yet unless I see it, and right now the prospect of dancing cats singing and gallivanting around doesn’t seem enticing. :(
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 161 | Roses: 10
Old 05-06-2005 at 05:44 AM
kashmir
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I saw it on t.v. and needless to say it is... unique. lol. I don't remember much of it to tell you the truth, but what I do recall is that I wasn't that excited. Some of the songs are pretty neat, but I'd have to see it again before I could really say if I truly like it or not. I give props to the dancers - I'd barely be able to dance 5 minutes of some of it, lol. And I *definitely* give everyone major props for wearing that make-up!

----<---@kashmir@--->----
No, what I love best, Lotte said, is when I\'m asleep in my bed - and the Angel of Music sings songs in my head....
kashmir's Profile Send Private Message kashmir's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 05-07-2005 at 10:02 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I saw it at Toby's Dinner Theater in MD last summer, and got the ALW DVD collection (including Cats) last Christmas. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you're willing to put aside the fact that there's very little storyline, I think you'll find it quite entertaining. Unfortunately, I missed the touring production that came to Hawaii last month! I wish they had stayed for more than a week. :(

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-10-2005 at 01:23 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I'm familiar with "Memory" which i think is a lovely song, but that is about it. Otherwise I don't know anything about it. One of my friends saw it years ago and said it was wonderful. I want to see it though, and build up my ALW collection. :D

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 33 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 05-10-2005 at 01:45 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I dislike Cats - I'm not one of those that hate it with a passion but I just don't get it... I do however love "Memory" and "Mr Mistopheles(sp?) but apart from that I'm really not a big fan
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Liz | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 427 | Roses: 10
Old 05-11-2005 at 06:52 PM
Reza Khan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

I was fortunate enough to see it live at Chanhassen in MN. I thought it was fabolous. Mind you, the whole cast was in Spandex, which is a little odd, but the music was great. And practically the whole thing was singing and dancing. From what I remember, there were only about 5-10 spoken lines in the whole thing.

One of my favorite parts was how they interacted with the audience. They were always, always running through the isles and hanging out in the balconies. It was really fun to watch.

Elizabeth

\"Sanity is calming, but insanity is much more interesting...\"
Reza Khan's Profile Send Private Message Reza Khan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 05-13-2005 at 12:59 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Memory is one of the most popular songs from Cats lol, because you'll see renditions of it everything and near between. I've wanted to see it because I've been an opera fan for a few years, though I hate I missed it in Broadway. I'll have to find the DVD or something.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 05-19-2005 at 01:29 AM
ChristineDaae
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I saw the tour version live one time, and I do have the video recording, but I don't count CATS among my favorites. I thought it was good in its own way, but not enough to see more than once or twice.

Christine Daae::Point of No Return::Phantom Lovers

Interested in RP. If you RP Erik/The Phantom, please contact me.
ChristineDaae's Profile Send Private Message ChristineDaae's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Feminina | Age: 32 | Posts: 1,573 | Roses: 460
Old 05-19-2005 at 02:43 AM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

It wasn't my favorite, considering there wasn't much of a plot. However, I did love the dancing, and the songs were quite good, too. If I had to pick favorite characters, I'd have three: Mister Mestopheles, Skimbleshanks (the rail-way cat! :D ), and Munkustrap. Ohh, Munkus, how I love thee. ^^;;; I must say, whoever that actor was looked GOOD in the make-up and costume! LOL

<b><i>Ubaldo Piangi</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 05-19-2005 at 05:21 PM
Elise
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

I saw the production of it a couple of years ago. I thought it was okay, some of the songs were really neat. I liked the Mr. Mestopheles and Memory sequences the best.
Elise's Profile Send Private Message Elise's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote