Name: Travis | Gender: Male | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 01-15-2010 at 03:58 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
The Fan Of The Opera (A new musical, parody, feature-length movie)  Post [1]

Thought I would start a thread about the movie I'm making, FAN OF THE OPERA.

I've been a PHAN since I was 14 (am now 27), and since I'm also an indie filmmaker, doing a PHAN FILM was always a goal. Now it is finally coming to pass. I also started writing at 14 and this year I will have been actually making movies for 10 years - so it is a very exciting time.

It's a parody (think Mel Brooks does TPOTO), but also has a few tender moments/ideas. For the most part the story follows a similar line as Webber's musical, however there are many asides that poke fun at other versions of the story.

The script is written. It's currently 96 pages. I tried to reference every incarnation of the story at LEAST once.

Right now I'm working with two musicians to make it a musical, and that is very exciting.

We start serious fundraising in the spring, shoot this summer, and will screen it here in Louisiana in the fall.

We are a low-budget indie company (so don't look for this in Blockbuster any time soon), but we shoot with HD cameras and are very professional.

I'm happy to discuss the project and hope you will all keep checking back for updates! Any questions PLEASE ask - this movie is being made for the PHANTOM obsessed, so consider yourself a part of it! Ask away!

Here are a bunch of links....
The movie's page: http://hedgespictures.com/fanoftheopera.html
My company's page: http://hedgespictures.com/home.html

If you want to see some of our work, this is the video most of interest to musical theater-inclined folk - a music video of DANGEROUS GAME from Frank Wildhorn's JEKYLL AND HYDE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRt4WX4Tj8 (There are other videos on our YouTube page as well)

FAN is an on-going project, but we have other things cooking at the moment too, if you care to keep up on that you can find us on...
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/hedgespictures?ref=ts
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hedgespictures

Wow...this became a long post...Thanks guys, hope you find this interesting!

HedgesPictures's Profile Send Private Message HedgesPictures's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2010 at 05:32 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Met with one of my composers this week to work on "Phantom Lullaby", which will be in the same spot as "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again".

It's the one serious song in this otherwise silly movie.

HedgesPictures's Profile Send Private Message HedgesPictures's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 01-22-2010 at 07:58 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Wow, this sounds incredible! What a funny idea for a musical. I hope this will be up for viewing/retailing on your website come time for its release. Best of luck to you and keep us updated!
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hana Yosei | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 7 | Roses: 10
Old 01-22-2010 at 10:38 PM
phantom.romance
Wandering Child
Goddess of Random Facts

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

This definitely looks interesting! I've been in a Mel Brooks faze recently, so this is the perfect thing to brighten my (otherwise crappy) day! I will definitely follow this (like I followed TW when it was filming... though TW scares me now...) Can't wait to see it!

(also reminds me of Family Guy with their parodies, and I like the fact that you're going to parody ALL the POTO versions!)
phantom.romance's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2010 at 05:34 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Thanks! I almost wish I could do two parody films - there is so much material.

Just take the unmasking for instance-it's in every version and is handled differently in each one. You have to make a choice of which version you want to parody. Sometimes, if you are clever (which I am ) you can work in 1-2 different gags on the same moment.

The finished movie will be just over an hour and a half.

Old 01-29-2010 at 05:36 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Countess View Post
Wow, this sounds incredible! What a funny idea for a musical. I hope this will be up for viewing/retailing on your website come time for its release. Best of luck to you and keep us updated!
I'm still debating on just how I will showcase it when it is done. On the web seems like the way to go. Maybe after a year of submitting to film festivals (and not getting in ) that's an option.

It will screen here in Baton Rouge in the Fall (all of you are welcome to come!).

In fact, anyone who wants to be an extra in the theater audience or masquerade scenes is invited to come out for those shoots (some time in August).

Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 01-29-2010 at 06:37 PM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

I'm assuming you've finished casting? I was just curious. If you haven't finished casting is there anyone in a specific age bracket that you're looking for?

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2010 at 10:51 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo Kiba View Post
I'm assuming you've finished casting? I was just curious. If you haven't finished casting is there anyone in a specific age bracket that you're looking for?
I'm still locking down shooting dates, and can't cast until that's done. Also waiting for a few things here in BR to get settled before too many people commit. But yes, most of the roles are cast. I do, however, still need a Christine.

I won't really start locking down casting until April/May.

Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 01-29-2010 at 10:59 PM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

If I lived closer to Baton Rouge I would totally audition, but alas I live in a different part of the country!

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 25 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 01-31-2010 at 05:43 AM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I would love to come to the screening. I live close to Shreveport, so I'd be able to drive down and see it! Is there anything you need help with for this project?

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote