Old 05-15-2010 at 12:22 AM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Update

All right, for a long time this project has been left but not forgotten. An update for you all. I am now officially working alone, personal and creative disbutes between I and my fellow writer have made this desision.
Now it is not to be of the original Phantom story, but of Susan Kay's Phantom. I am making it a stage play, with high doubts that it shall become a musical. It is as close to the book as I can get it, but am adding my own additional piece. The script is being written as we speak. Updates shall be posted as they occur!

I'm a Dwarf and I am digging a hole
Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole
Lady of Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Travis | Gender: Male | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 05-21-2010 at 04:55 PM
HedgesPictures
Wandering Child
The Fan Of The Opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Lady,

I'm glad that you are forging ahead no matter what! That's an important spirit to have!

Something to consider: I have wanted to do a PHANTOM-type of movie for years and years and years, but, like you, I wanted a musical. I had the whole screenplay ready to go and allllllmost made the movie without music - I shelved it in favor of some other projects, ones that I could do better - but years later I befriended a musician and now....VOILA! I pulled FAN OF THE OPERA off the shelf and this summer we start shooting.

You can make it non-musical and it might turn out better, you could "write around the music" and wait to meet someone new, or passionately try to find a collaborator now. No matter what, trust that it's the right choice!

Best of luck!

HedgesPictures's Profile Send Private Message HedgesPictures's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Elphie | Gender: female | Age: 24 | Posts: 210 | Roses: 10
Old 05-22-2010 at 03:56 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

thanks. lol yea that was main problem. i think i'll finish this one than try the musical again.
good luck with your one i know it'll be great

UPDATE!
All right so far the progress has been... less than preferable but none the less I have made a slight progression. What I could really use is a little help. SO if anyone is at all interested at all in collaborating with me on making this script please get in contact. Thanks!

I'm a Dwarf and I am digging a hole
Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole
Lady of Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote