The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-07-2009 at 05:22 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Ah yes Asthma! It reach havoc in my life in general.
First question: What is sliding?
And second...Random high notes are the worst.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 07-07-2009 at 05:25 PM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

When allergies or colds are acting up, don't push it. Take meds and drink lots of water. Something else (surprisingly) that is good for the voice other than orange and cranberry juice- carrot juice. I'm not sure what it is that is good for the voice, but it is.

As far as the random high notes, it just takes practice. Practice the song in "slow motion" when the note gets comfortable, speed it up a touch. Try continuing that for now, but don't get impatient. It's going to take a lot of time to work up to it. I've started working on a song (What You Don't Know About Women - City of Angels) which was a duet arranged into a solo, but there are a few back and forth moments that are fast and I've been working on for a few weeks as it is. That's not counting the end which I haven't touched yet. There are songs I've been given where I'm still sorting out the timing with the accompaniment (I am Changing - Dreamgirls). With particularly difficult songs, the key is to be patient. I've been working on What you don't know since the end of May, and I am Changing since January. Take it slow, and more importantly, make sure it's comfortable.

In random news (since I never share really): I'm going to be headed to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival for their Shakespeare school and their Musical Theatre program! I'm so excited to have the opportunity since I would really like to have the opportunity to perform at the Shakespeare festival within the next year or two. I leave in 26 days! Wish me luck!

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-07-2009 at 05:41 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I'm working on Bewitched- from Pal Joey... Why is it that the songs with complex intervals are easier for me than the ones with simpler intervals? That's weird...

Oh! And I'm attenting a Musical Theatre wrokshop for three weeks, and we decided to do a condenced version of Cinderella. I'm a stepsister, but I'm getting a bigger part according to my director... but ah well. I just don't know how well its gonna work. We have three weeks and have to choreograph it, scrpit it, block it, rehearse it.... Its ginna be hectic and tight. But SO MUCH FUN!!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-07-2009 at 05:52 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine's Shadow View Post
Something else (surprisingly) that is good for the voice other than orange and cranberry juice- carrot juice. I'm not sure what it is that is good for the voice, but it is.
really that's interesting. I've been drinking warm green tea with a few drops of honey NO SUGAR OR SPELNDA and it's been working fine, but I should see these juice choices. But don't you drink them slightly below room temperature and not right outta the fridge?

Quote:
Practice the song in "slow motion" when the note gets comfortable, speed it up a touch. Try continuing that for now, but don't get impatient. It's going to take a lot of time to work up to it. I've started working on a song (What You Don't Know About Women - City of Angels) which was a duet arranged into a solo, but there are a few back and forth moments that are fast and I've been working on for a few weeks as it is. That's not counting the end which I haven't touched yet.
What a song to practice. Some of the freshiness at school that were in vocal classes/acting classes/in Becker's classes would take some of the past and recent "Senior Revues" (a production as a senior ta-da) songs and that was definitely in there thrice.

Quote:
In random news (since I never share really): I'm going to be headed to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival for their Shakespeare school and their Musical Theatre program! I'm so excited to have the opportunity since I would really like to have the opportunity to perform at the Shakespeare festival within the next year or two. I leave in 26 days! Wish me luck!
That's sooo cool, my teacher used to go to the same festival, and then sometimes worked there. Of course with many, many wishes of luck :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerading rose View Post
I'm working on Bewitched- from Pal Joey... Why is it that the songs with complex intervals are easier for me than the ones with simpler intervals? That's weird...

Oh! And I'm attenting a Musical Theatre wrokshop for three weeks, and we decided to do a condenced version of Cinderella. I'm a stepsister, but I'm getting a bigger part according to my director... but ah well. I just don't know how well its gonna work. We have three weeks and have to choreograph it, scrpit it, block it, rehearse it.... Its ginna be hectic and tight. But SO MUCH FUN!!
Ooo, Chrissy you're so luck. I just live out here in the darn middle of no where and I can't possible find a close theater other than my church for an occasional show/choir audition (member and conductor to the jr. choir). Ah! School's my only theater that is' worth it. I will get into those shows and do anything and everything to become more and more exposed!
And yes...three weeks is definitely cutting it! At school I think everyone would just laugh and say, "You're joking right?"

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 07-07-2009 at 09:53 PM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerading rose View Post
I'm working on that song too! :D *excitement* I haven't focused on it terribly much, but did you see the Tony's performance of that song this year? I don't remember her name, but the woman who played Rizzo in Grease the movie sang it, and she sang it SO well.

Sometimes singing songs with weirder intervals is just easier. A new song I got was Bai' Hi from South Pacific (not a fan of the musical, but this song is actually really cool) and I think the interval is a minor 7th? It's very mysterious and generally the entire song is made up of weird intervals. Gives a great effect. Ahh. Gotta love Rogers and Hammerstein.

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 07-07-2009 at 10:58 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Kearyn: Wow, A Shakespeare Festival? You lucky ducky, you. That should be a blast and have fun! Also thank you for the singing advice. I'll try not to loose my temper. Merci :)

Chrissy: That workshop sounds really cool. See, that just proves how beastly you are compared to me. You get to do a nice workshop and I get to do a Broadway Jr. musical with middle-schoolers. Win...

For some reason, I really want to post a video on here but I've already posted too many. Can someone else show us your lovely chord capablity?
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:39 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

Quote:
I'm working on that song too! :D *excitement* I haven't focused on it terribly much, but did you see the Tony's performance of that song this year? I don't remember her name, but the woman who played Rizzo in Grease the movie sang it, and she sang it SO well.
Her name's Stockhard Channing. I heard her amazingly awesome rendition. Mine's higher... by quite a bit. It goes up to an F, but I manage to slip in some A's and B's in there... lol. Yes, I watched the Tony's with my best friend. It was amazing. Of course, though, she's not as much of a Broadway addict as I am, but hey, she puts up with me and that's all I act. And she provides me with showtunes when I have "Broadway withdrawls". lol.

Viktoria- No worries. we love to hear you sing. Please, post some more.
I would love to post some of my own, but I don't own the technology needed to do some... maybe if we can get Almost Cinderella filmed, you'll see my duet with Kathy... but no promises yet. Sorry.

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 07-08-2009 at 06:06 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

It'd be great to fianlly hear the great diva Chrissy *drama drama* Hehe :)

So anyways I think that I'm getting the aria down fairly well now (merci for the advice) but I keep saying "bambino" instead of "babbino". My voice teacher was like, "Viktoria, bambino means baby. Don't call your daddy a babe." Silly Viktoria.

So I posted a video of me singing it in my photobucket account (The_Countess_sings, password phantom). I think I say bambino in it

Feedback would be nice :)
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2009 at 01:32 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

That was very nice. Very clear and your italian sounded fine, actually. Just watch your control a bit. Be sure to land on top of the pitch. ;) and watch the tongue placement. May sound weird, but having your tongue in the wrong position affects your sound a little bit. But that was very nice. I actually think this is my favorite out of all of them.

Old 07-09-2009 at 03:21 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Oh, no. Talking about my tongue is actaully pretty normal with my singing. My teacher's been hammering me to stick it out more and indent it on high notes but it's so much to remember with the notes and timing and breathing and everything else that it gets over looked a lot. Ah yes, and pitch continues to haunt me *eyeroll* but just as long as I'm not incredibly flat the entire time, I'm ok with ok pitch.

Thanks as always Chrissy!