Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 08-27-2009 at 11:59 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

My b-day's September 10th. I don't think that has anything to do with Phantom of the Opera.
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-11-2014 at 12:05 AM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

Hmm, I was thinking along the lines of when Phellow Phans became phans. I noticed many Phans seemed to think their *aha* moment of phandom hit in March. It did for me! :)

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-11-2014 at 01:11 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

I don't recall when mine was. I recall seeing versions of the movie when I was very young and had heard my father talk about the Lon Chaney film. It seems I've always been aware of the story, so I didn't have that one moment of discovery.

BTW: I'm a late-December baby. If I'd arrived on schedule, my name would have been "Angie" because of a very popular song of the time. I just looked it up on YouTube and found several versions. Believe it or not, this will be the first time I've heard it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpVJLTcJ-k
Fran Allison "(Sweet Angie) The Christmas Tree Angel"

Instead, I was named after an Elizabeth Taylor movie made when she was in her teens: "Cynthia". Strangely, when Mom and I watched it, she realized it was about a girl who is an invalid~which I've been nearly throughout my life. She was dating my father-to-be, and they saw this in the theater. He told her, "When we get married and have a baby, let's call her 'Cynthia'." She said that he never picked boys' names either of the times she was expecting; he said, "Girls are always less trouble than boys." *giggle* We WERE good girls, too!

Woah! Sorry! I did not mean to ramble though I have that inclination.

Hello, EAAB! I don't think we've crossed paths before.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2014 at 12:46 AM
EAAB
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Re: Phandom date~well, I had seen the old Chaney movie, heard the Highlights of Andrew Lloyd Webber, but it was when I saw the Charles Dance version in March of 1990 that I was fully "hooked", hence I pinpoint my phandom to that date / month. These three POTO version are my favourites, plus Leroux's and Kay's novels, naturally!

Hi MystMoonstruck, hmm, probably not, it´s been yonkers since I've been on here! Where did time go? Trying to get caught up on all the Phantom happenings since I became oblivious to the outside world while trying to get some work done. Talk about shutting one's self away in the fifth cellar! LOL! Wow, can't believe how many POTO-based books there are out there now! Will I ever catch up again?

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2014 at 06:05 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I hope you can stay. I, too, have had to be away for a long time when I had PC/health problems. Now, here I am, and practically everyone seems gone! James said that earlier popularity was fueled by the movie. Now, 10 years after...

But, this is even beyond the movie and the novels! I want our OH-centered stories to continue, as everyone created such amazing characters to interact in our Paris. It CAN'T be over! I keep hoping that we can revive it.

Old 03-12-2014 at 10:40 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

I hope I can hang on! LOL!
Another favourite board I used to go on has practically died, I KNOW there a lot more Phans out there, maybe they've grown bored with the boards? It's hard to stay connected on them if people stop coming.... :(

I'll pop up a link to the other board, it's a more simplified version of this one, I hope everyone will take a peek and maybe help revive it too since it still gets visitors:

The Phantom Discussion Board Forums:
http://phantomphorum.yuku.com/directory

(I hope the moderators here don't mind me helping the competition!) LOL!

Old 03-13-2014 at 08:08 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

I think that would be wonderful! I keep namedropping TPO whenever the occasion seems right, mainly at City-Data Forum, where I've posted a number of "POTO" videos on threads in the Music forum. I'm also going to do some more posting in the Movie forum. They don't have anything like RPing, but I'm thinking of starting a thread to see if there are people there who roleplay.

I want this forum to survive. I'd also love Nouvelle Orleans to become active again, but it might be impossible in that case. I've tried a few forums but am happiest here. I keep trying to convince my best friend to take part because she's such an amazing writer, but I think she's shy about it. I told her she could keep stories restricted to whatever she's interested in, but I haven't had luck. When I can handwrite again, I can perhaps letter-write with her. I hope!

I've sent PMs to a number of members who were interested in the party at Dorian's place, but I've never heard back from them. For a while, they were very active here. I suppose work/school/life takes them away. Maybe when school lets out...? That's what I've been telling myself though reminding myself that TPO probably is low on priorities sad to think.

I'll take a look at the site, as I've never visited another POTO site except one that existed for a short while, created by MaskedNicci and her sister.

EDIT: I checked it out briefly. Is it only discussion? Is there no roleplaying? RPing is my big draw, but I might look at it some more.

Old 03-14-2014 at 12:29 AM
EAAB
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

Hi MystMoonstruck, yep, it's just discussion, no RP-ing on that board.

I wish I had time to roleplay, I have a feeling it would take a lot of time, which I really don't have. I'm spending too much time here as it is, LOL!

I miss the mid 90s! So many POTO sites and boards were up, all created by phans, you had the Phan rings linking them, etc. A good one was the Phantom Nexus. Don't know if it's still here or working. I had my own site, but I couldn't keep it up when we moved from Ireland to Portugal, it crashed, and now it's ghost is still cached online, and I can't erase it eventhogh it's so out of date. Argh! What a mess.

I like this phorum, although I do get confused with all the places you can post here, so many sub-threads, etc. Talk about "Wandering child, so lost so helpless...) LOL!

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,907 | Roses: 0
Old 03-14-2014 at 01:34 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I remember hearing about Phantom Nexus from other Phans, though I think it was already long gone by the time I became a Phan in 2004. There was also PhantomFans.net, my first POTO home online which led me to discover TPO (but sadly is also gone now). These days, I know of PhantomoftheOpera.com, which has pretty much been around forever, and Deserted Phans (started after PhansOnline crashed and the original mods were nowhere to be found). Neither of those sites have roleplaying sections, though. PhantomoftheOpera.com is by far the most active; they get new posts every day and often attract new members... Hmm, maybe we could advertise over there!

As for the question on birthdays, I was born on October 18th, making me a Libra (and I was born in the year of the Dragon on the Chinese zodiac, as well). I first became a Phan in March 2004 -- 10 years now! I wish there was an easy way to find out which theatre actors share your birthday, like how we have IMDB for movie and TV actors.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2014 at 02:12 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Have you tried Wikipedia? I think they branch out a lot more and perhaps might have information about stage actors.

Here are some links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Crivello

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pha..._(1986_musical)

Also, there is an annual publication titled "Theatre World", and, if it's like "Screen World", it will have birth dates of performers. "Screen World" also lists deaths throughout the year, and I would imagine that "Theatre World" does, too. Of course, ebay always has copies, but I've seen them at other sites:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lis&_sacat=267

I always focused on "Screen World" for my ongoing, rather enormous trivia project. I would have loved "Theatre World", too. I have to admire John Willis for managing two major publications each year. At least, I think he might still be going.