The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 05-31-2007 at 07:30 PM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Orthodontics! OUCH!  Post [1]

Just my little bit of randomness, but has anyone else had orthodontic work done? I just got back from the orthodontist, I had metal bands put around four of my back teeth. Gah! They don't hurt, but they're uncomfy.

I just wanted to know who else has had their teeth worked on and any advice on how to relieve pain, things not to do, etc.

Hope your teeth aren't in as much pain as mine!:p

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Di | Gender: Lady | Posts: 131 | Roses: 8
Old 05-31-2007 at 10:29 PM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I've got bottom and top braces, probably for two years or a year and a half more. They hurt a good deal when I first got them on, for a few days, and I couldn't eat a lot of things, but now I'm used to them I don't even feel them. I don't have rubber bands yet, but I think I'll need them eventually on one side of my mouth. I break the rules a bit. :p I eat corn chips and other slightly hard things... and some gummy candy... yum. Are yours braces or some other kind of metal thing they put in your mouth...? I don't quite understand your description of them. o.o

All I want is a second chance...

Just another person obsessed with the Ball!
I'm open for roleplaying with anyone, anytime. Just PM me.
Masqued Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 05-31-2007 at 10:46 PM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I don't have braces yet. I have four bands around my back teeth and a wire with the brackets are supposed to hook onto those bands. I get my full set of braces on the 14th. I should have the braces on for a bit over 2 years. If the braces don't work, my orthodontist said I might have to have jaw surgery *gulp*. So I'm praying these braces work!

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Di | Gender: Lady | Posts: 131 | Roses: 8
Old 05-31-2007 at 11:33 PM
Masqued Mystery
Wandering Child
Clever Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Ouch, jaw surgery! That would not be fun, I'm sure. Good luck with your braces, then. ^_^ May you have absolutely gorgeous straight teeth when they're done.

All I want is a second chance...

Just another person obsessed with the Ball!
I'm open for roleplaying with anyone, anytime. Just PM me.
Masqued Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-01-2007 at 12:18 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I have braces and a chain atached to my tooth. The chain is because I have a tooth that is backwards and sideways and hasn't grown in for about two and a half years. They have to go in every two weeks and pull it down a bit. It hurts like heck, but ah well.

I wish you the best of luck during your surgery. No kind of mouth surgery is fun *pulls on chain*. I really really hope your braces work. They may hurt at first, but in the long run, its REALLY worht it.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 06-01-2007 at 10:47 AM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I had a top & bottom brace for a year, complete with a plate in the roof of my mouth with bands round the back teeth, and a headbrace for a couple of months. It wasn't nice, but you get used to it. Thankfully it all came off about a month ago, so now I just have a retainer to wear at night. Was really worth it though - my teeth were a right mess before, now they're straight and shiny! And having the brace off makes playing the trumpet much easier!

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Casey | Gender: Male | Age: 26 | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 06-17-2007 at 12:05 AM
POTOfreund
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

back in November i had 8 teeth (4 wisdom and 4 others for braces) pulled out and that was in the beginning of ski season, so i missed a week of skiing and then a week later i got braces on the top and bottom. it really sucks. im getting use to it sorta now but everythings different because i play trumpet and my mouth is different so i have to learn all over
POTOfreund's Profile Send Private Message POTOfreund's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-17-2007 at 07:26 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

I have a huge headache because every two weeks, my orthadontist goes in, and tightens my power chord, that connect my hidden tooth to my braces wire. Ouch. It really hursts! *Reaches for tylenol*

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 06-17-2007 at 10:09 AM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTOfreund View Post
i got braces on the top and bottom. it really sucks. im getting use to it sorta now but everythings different because i play trumpet and my mouth is different so i have to learn all over
Trust me, it's worth it. I've been playing trumpet since I was 7, and when I got braces it got so much harder - you have to learn how to do everything all over again. But it's worth it. My braces are off now, I'm twice as good as I was before, and playing is as easy as breathing right now. (if that doesn't happen to you, sorry for setting up expectations).

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Casey | Gender: Male | Age: 26 | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 06-18-2007 at 05:16 AM
POTOfreund
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

ok good because im the only trumpet at my school with braces and i figured i would have to relearn just like i am now and after like 7 months or so im still relearning the high notes i use to be able to play. (haha thanks but i hope it does happen :-D)
POTOfreund's Profile Send Private Message POTOfreund's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote