Name: Rebecca | Gender: female | Posts: 54 | Roses: 10
Old 06-26-2012 at 05:35 PM
Ramin+Sierra 4ever
Wandering Child
The nerd of the Opera :)

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [81]

I saw the trailer!!! I'm excited for the movie! By the way, IamErik771 I love the new avatar :)

Ramin+Sierra 4ever's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 03-24-2013 at 06:42 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [82]

The movie just came out on DVD/Blu-ray in the US this past Friday! How many of you got to see it in cinemas or at home, and what did you all think of it?

Personally, I thought it was superb. The fact that all the singing was done live, in my view, enhanced the experience -- there was really no other way to do a musical like this, where the singing and acting need to be so closely connected for the whole thing to work. For the most part, I felt the cast pulled it off. Hugh Jackman didn't quite have the range for Valjean, but still mostly worked in the role. Amanda Seyfried was vocally weak but her acting worked better in the role than most other stage or film actresses I've seen in the part. Russell Crowe had a so-so voice, but his acting (or lack thereof) was what irritated me more with his character. Aside from those three, though, I thought the cast was amazing, particularly Anne Hathaway (who certainly deserved her Oscar) and Eddie Redmayne. I also liked the cinematography, which heavily favored extreme closeups -- while it would have been nice to see more of the sets and costumes as well, the closeups helped to convey the characters' emotional states in the solo numbers.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 05-04-2013 at 07:17 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [83]

We did "Do You Hear The People Sing?" as part of our choir concert last Monday. If it wasn't for that song, I wouldn't have watched the movie and loved it!

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote