The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Opera Archives
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Katy | Gender: Truebie | Posts: 87 | Roses: 10
Old 07-25-2011 at 07:00 PM
Northman
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [201]

Valter Gottfrid

The closeness of the opera house brought a new skip to Valter's step and he couldn't help but do a little happy dance in his thoughts. Almost there, almost there, almost there! Gonna get this taken care of and then I'm a free man! FREE! He hummed his song to himself, standing a little taller and smiling a little more as every step brought him closer to his destination.

"I guess so. Umm, I'll take you up to the main office and make sure there's someone there to see you. I know I hate waiting around the office for hours on end until they get a chance to see me, always busy."

"You know, you really don't have to wait or anything. I'm sure you've got things to get to when you get back and I'd hate to keep you from them."

It wasn't that Valter didn't want her to wait with him, it had more to do with exactly what he'd said. She had to come back for a reason, sitting with him waiting for someone to show up in the office would delay her from that business and making someone late for whatever it was they had to do wasn't exactly the way you returned a favor. In addition to this, Valter was sure that once he mentioned that there was an enormous amount of money at stake for the opera house, someone would surely crop up in the office immediately to help him in whatever way they could. That was the way money worked these days, if you had people worshiped the ground you walked on, if you didn't you had to battle it out like everyone else. Not much further though and surely not a wait once he got there.

Almost there, almost there, almost there...

Northman's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 07-26-2011 at 08:29 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [202]

Marina Nightingale

She didn't know why but somehow Marina got the feeling that Valter couldn't wait to get what ever it was he was doing over and done with. A little strange if you asked her.

Marina went as far as telling him she'd wait with him until someone come the answer she received made her a little more then question his reasons. Surly someone in business would like to know how his money was spent ever as a patron Marina like to know that her money was being used for a good course.

"You know, you really don't have to wait or anything. I'm sure you've got things to get to when you get back and I'd hate to keep you from them."

"Thanks, still I'll make sure that they know you're there which won't take long. It's just around this corner here and then up the stairs, all of them, to the main office."

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 07-27-2011 at 01:16 AM
Northman
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [203]

Valter Gottfrid

"Thanks, still I'll make sure that they know you're there which won't take long. It's just around this corner here and then up the stairs, all of them, to the main office."

All of them? She made it sound as though there were some horrendous amount of stairs ahead of him. It couldn't be too bad and even if it was Valter didn't mind stairs, especially ones that led him to his desired destination. He turned the corner, Marina still leading him and began the ascent. It didn't look so bad, what was she talking about? Maybe he'd feel it at the end. Valter was still singing his victory song in his head, happy as a clam to be getting this over with.

"Thank you very much for taking such good care of me, Ms. Nightingale. I appreciate it very much."

His exterior was rather cold for the skipping, happy dancing, singing insides Valter was hiding. Just gotta get up the steps! Not too far at all, yippee! It was a strange thing to think that contained in this cool, suave businessman was something that could be likened to an overenthusiastic, street performing monkey. Probably a spider monkey given his lanky physique. It was as someone's wisdom had once spat out, you should never judge a book by it's cover.

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 07-27-2011 at 05:16 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [204]

Marina Nightingale

Up the stairs, it didn't sound so bad until you got there. The main office was up the main stair case which wasn't so bad but add that to the crowds the twists and turns and the spiral stair cases it got to be a little hard.

She made it sound like it was a challenge and in a way it was, unless you knew your way around it was easy to get lost which was partly the reason Marina said she'd make sure someone was there. The main office wasn't always home to the big boss, he going out and making sure everything was running right. Marina had only meet him a few times and that was when she had first arrived, since then... well.

"Thank you very much for taking such good care of me, Ms. Nightingale. I appreciate it very much."

"You're most welcome" she stated as the rounded the corner and the Opera House came into view. "Here we are, next stop the main office."

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts

Old 07-28-2011 at 12:06 AM
Northman
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [205]

Valter Gottfrid

Valter was getting quite antsy. If one were in his mind they'd see that he's worse than any child on a road trip, asking "Are we there yet?" until their parents get twitchy and traumatized. Valter was beginning to bounce on the balls of his feet, this trip seeming to drag out before him in a way that made it seem like it would never end. It has to end! I want access to my inheritance! He almost couldn't bear to think that he still had to get around a corner and all the way up the blasted stairs. And with a woman like Marina that was so much shorter than him he'd be forced to take the stairs one at a time, letting her keep up out of kindness. It was unlikely that someone shorter than him by an significant amount could handle all those stairs two at a time.

"You're most welcome" she stated as the rounded the corner and the Opera House came into view. "Here we are, next stop the main office."

Valter's mind went through some sort of anticipatory break, wanting to get all this over with immediately. Only once he'd taken care of his patronage and gained access to his inheritance could he relax. How can I get there faster? How can I get this done as quickly as possible? The answer hit him like a ton of bricks.

Valter looked up towards the top of the stairs, looking for someone that may or may not have been the opera manager, he just wanted someone that he could see was male. Target aquired. Now, to execute his master escape plan.

"Marina, I've just remembered that I did actually make an appointment with the opera manager. What was his name? Ortiz, I think?" Valter had looked this up prior to making arrangements to come to Paris. It was always best to study a future business partner or associate. "Oh, there he is! Right there at the top of stairs," Valter spoke excitedly, pointing at the person was most certainly not the opera manager, but what did it matter to him? "I'm sure he's been waiting for me, I'm probably very late. Thank you for showing me the way here, I appreciate it!"

Valter sprang away from Marina, ran up the stairs, two at a time, running towards a man that he didn't know and that wasn't the opera manager. Oh well! He walked up to the man, placing a hand on his shoulder and speaking kindly, turning on the charm to portray an innocent curiosity. "Excuse me sir, could you show me the way to the manager's office?" The man nodded slowly, slightly confused but leading Valter nonetheless. And with that, he was gone! On his way to taking care of everything he'd come to Paris to achieve. Now, to come up with as many fun and positively sinful goals as he could to fulfill while in this crazy city.

OOC: End of scene, for Valter anyway BIC:

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-28-2011 at 04:19 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [206]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
OOC: Darn! My laptop shut itself off for some reason, and I lost my nearly-completed post. So, here I go again!

Easy "Cat" Tanner

"You aren't bad, Eden," the man assured him. "You didn't do anything wrong. Let's just go back to the blanket and find your father, okay, buddy?" Eden nodded, not looking forward to doing that because, even if the man said it was all right, he knew he had misbehaved. He had been told by his mother and now his father to stay at their side and not stray. But, he had seen the children and the birds and... He sighed wearily, wondering how angry his father was going to be though he hadn't yet seen him be anything but sad, even when he was trying to smile and be friendly. "Is this it?" the man asked.

"There," he said, motioning with an outstretched hand, his hand twirling, directing him to go around the audience where awaited the blanket, their picnic basket and his abandoned book. "Was suppose to stay there~on the blanket," he confessed, lower lip protruding as he thought of the dreaded lecture. He wasn't a baby! He could... Well, he had gone where he wanted, and the bird had gotten mad at him. Maybe he shouldn't make a fuss after all.

At that moment, Easy finished the set and made a slight bow to the smattering of applause, smiling politely and thanking them for listening, whether they understood or not. It was as they departed and he turned to set down violin and bow that he spotted his son in the arms of a man, the shock like a lightning bolt striking him. As the panic rushed through him, he realized that he knew this person.

"Y-you're~ummm~William, right? Bill? I didn't see you before." It disturbed him for a moment that Eden had allowed himself to be picked up, and he found himself asking, "How'd you get away with that? He's usually pretty squirmy about being held." He had tried it once and wasn't sure which of them was more uncomfortable about it. Or, perhaps his unease had communicated it to his too-savvy son. He felt that he was being studied by the boy much of the time, and he feared what Eden had been able to decipher. "H-he just let you come over and pick him up?" He heard the shakiness in his voice as he tried to smile and failed. Without violin and bow in his hands, he couldn't hide his nervousness from meeting this man a third time. Their other two meetings had been rough experiences, and he wondered if they'd ever get along. "Y-you want to~to join our picnic?" he invited impulsively, knowing the food would stretch since he ate so little and Eden wouldn't get away with much. "It's nothin' like what you cooked, just some sandwiches, but the people who fixed it are~like~professionals."
William MaCarthy

The crowd parted like the Red Sea as the music ended, reaching the bold double bar line. And Bill's eyes widened to the size of saucers when he saw the man-- no, boy-- that Eden was calling 'father'. It was Easy, the poor man he had fed that one time. Bill was suddenly reminded of a movie he saw once saw about a mentally challenged man who raised a child. He didn't remember much about it except that there was something integral about Dr. Seuss in it. But he was reminded of it, nonetheless.

"Y-you're~ummm~William, right? Bill? I didn't see you before. How'd you get away with that? He's usually pretty squirmy about being held. H-he just let you come over and pick him up?" And Bill shrugged. He was just good with kids, he supposed. He grew up, the eldest of seven, taking care of his siblings and babysitting neighbour kids for money. Kids were attracted to him like dirt to white linen, and Bill immediately was melted from inside at the sight of them. They were so innocent, so cute; untouched by the evils of the world.

"Y-you want to~to join our picnic?" Bill was taken aback. He was being invited to a picnic by a man he was convinced hated him. Mainly, he was a bit annoyed, but he couldn't say no. That would have been rude of him. "It's nothin' like what you cooked, just some sandwiches, but the people who fixed it are~like~professionals."

Bill sighed, looking down at Eden. "Sure. Why not? I can't stay for long. I have a meeting with Amnesty International, but I can spare a half hour or so."

Bill didn't really have a meeting with Amnesty International, but it sounded like a good enough excuse to get out and spend the rest of the day with Damien.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts