Name: Summer | Gender: Female | Posts: 557 | Roses: 7
Old 03-06-2008 at 05:26 AM
maskedsinger
Wandering Child
Northen Downpour sends its love

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Hey Zelda, I just wanted to see how you are actually progressing in the opera. Let me know.

(This is not spam. Spam does not exist. Spam = bad...wrong...a no no.)

Scott v.2 Scott v. 1

Chace v. 2 Chace v. 1 Scott v. 3
Jasmine rocks!! Thanks girl! As Well as Chrissy!
maskedsinger's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 03-07-2008 at 07:04 PM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

Hey, all . . . first of all, thanks for all the support!

Sadly, my inspiration went "POOF" only a couple of days after this thread opened . . . I'm not going to stop working on it, but I haven't made much progress at all -- my muses hate me these days.

So, I do apologize for that. I am hard at work right now, but it's going slowly and uneasily.

~ Zelda

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 03-08-2008 at 04:48 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

You can do it, Zelda! I KNOW you can do it, love. Pace yourself and break it into small blocks, letting the inspiration flow out of you, segment by segment. It wil seem like it's going by quickly. Seriousdly, I'm taking a class on this stuff so I know it helps.

Anyways, I know you do fabulously and that you can it.

Much love and support,
Chrissy

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 03-08-2008 at 07:33 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Chrissy, your post makes me smile. I'm all warm inside now! Thank you so much!

Right now, I've got a vision for the unmasking scene in my head . . . five-four time, a very strong percussion section, and the words, "Couldn't be content to hear me? You had to know what I looked like! Are you glad, now, to see? Wench! Serpent! Whore!"

I can also tell you that Raoul is the tenor role, and Erik the baritone role -- rather than the other way around, as in ALW's work. In most operas, the romantic hero is a tenor, while the villain/anti-hero is a baritone; and I wanted to keep it like that.

Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted.

~ Zelda

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 03-08-2008 at 06:49 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

Actually, according to a few interviews, ALW had originally meant for Erik to be played by a baritone and Raoul by a tenor, hence the reason why Erik doesn't have to hit any high 'C's. However, once he decided to cast Michael Crawford, it became a bit of a tradition to have mainly tenor Eriks. After all, in the original Sydmonton cast, Clive Carter (a lyric tenor with a very high range) played Raoul, while Colm Wilkinson (who had a darker timbre) played Erik.

The interesting thing, though, is that Erik has to hit higher notes than Raoul no matter what the actors' voice types are. It's kind of like Sweeney Todd in that way -- although Sweeney is almost always played by a baritone or bass, he has to go a half-step higher than Anthony (who is usually played by a lyric tenor).

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 05-15-2008 at 05:27 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Yes! Baritone Erik! I love you! I've always invisioned him as more of a baritone anyway. Tenors, IMO, don't have as much power and suport sometimes. I mean they CAN but it's easier to see in baritones/basses.

Keep on trucking with this! You can do it!
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chris | Gender: Male | Age: 40 | Posts: 3 | Roses: 10
Old 06-17-2008 at 11:57 AM
Chris Simpson
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

This sounds cool, we should all write a song each!

Chris Simpson - Theatre Fan Forever

London Theatre Tickets Theatre Tickets
Chris Simpson's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Diane | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 142 | Roses: 10
Old 08-13-2008 at 06:16 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

oh u should actually make a movie of it. i would go and see it! i would love to see a version that is jus like gastons book. it would be so wonderful.

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 08-13-2008 at 06:46 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

Zeeeelda!

I love your idea and I hope this goes well! Finally some justice for the phandom publically and musically. I hope it goes well, slow going or not. Just keep on working on it and don't give up!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 12-10-2008 at 02:48 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Any news at all dear Zelda? I've been on an opera fetish lately and whilst browsing the site, I remebered this thread. Anyway, is the opera still alive?
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote