The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 04-30-2008 at 01:55 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [51] »

Well, as I said in the Meg discussion, I'm really not fond of the pairing at all. It seems so random. I also don't like E/OW either. I think that Erik loved Christine and only Christine. Mary Sues are the WORST! :X I'm so negative. Negative, negative, negative.

I like other characters being paired together though, but I like to keep E, C, and R out of them. Pairs like Meg/Nadir, Buqet/Madame Giry, all that are so much fun to read!
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-30-2008 at 05:29 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [52] »

Ooops, I'm sorry KT Mae and others! :( I don't mean to offend...*runs off to edit post* Forgive me? :( That particular pairing just doesn't appeal to me, that's all.

Laura

"What you do in this life echoes in eternity."
Ange de Musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 04-30-2008 at 05:33 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [53] »

I'll admit that Meg/Erik only works really well under the right author and in the right facet of "canon". In fact, I'm usually the first person you'll hear say that, simply because it's true. When writing E/M you have to be exceedingly careful not to make Meg into a Mary-Sue, as little is known about her character and much can be fabricated. You also have to be careful not to make her another Christine. I don't believe that I can convert you, Viktoria, but if ever you would like to see some quality E/M, I'm sure I can direct you to some that I consider wonderful.

As to Nadir/Meg... I'm writing one. I know, I know, you don't like E/M but the premise of my fic is based on the idea that Erik and Meg were married and Nadir comes in to take care of Meg-- Erik's widow. The N/M relationship works... if one has a proper background. For this particular phic, an earlier, never shown, E/M premise was needed. But I've also had theories that dusky skinned, raven haired Meg could very easily resemble Nadir's dead wife-- which would also make an interesting premise.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 05-26-2008 at 06:45 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [54] »

That sounds very interesting! The story within the story within the story. Make sure to post it in the fanfic section.

I'm not much of a writer, but I'm going to try, try I tell you, to see how MG/JB works out. They just seemed to have this fire between them. Love-hate relationship you know.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 08-31-2008 at 09:57 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [55] »

I will always be a die-hard Erik/Christine fan, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of either Erik/Mde.Giry or Raoul/Meg. Those seem interesting, especially R/M, 'cause then Christine could have Erik all to herself!
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Amy | Gender: Female | Posts: 29 | Roses: 10
Old 09-26-2008 at 09:29 AM
MlleMusique
Wandering Child
wandering the labyrinth of my heart

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [56] »

I think the only Erik/MmeG I could handle is childhood encounters. I'm going off the film here (I've read the book, twice, but it's a difficult read, and I usually focus more on Christine), but after Young Mme Giry rescues Erik and takes him to the Opera House...she would be the only person he'd know kindness from...if anything romantic occurred between them I think it'd have been brief and probably pretty unsubstantiated.

What about Carlotta/Piangi? Or is that assumed in ALW's show?

I've always been a believer in romances within the ballet corps, and the chorus, with either gender.
MlleMusique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kojinka | Gender: female | Age: 29 | Posts: 88 | Roses: 10
Old 06-23-2009 at 01:32 AM
Kojinka
Wandering Child
Ghost in Solitude

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [57] »

I'm not very fond of slash, but I see some compatibility in Erik/Nadir. When you consider Erik's Opera Ghost behavior and mental instability that Nadir puts up with, I could see that pairing happening.

I still love the Erik/Christine/Raoul love triangle, though. Can't she be in love with both men?

"In empty court there flies firefly flows, and in high pedestal there walksn foxs" ~Song at Midnight
Kojinka's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2009 at 01:51 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [58] »

Oh. My. God. I am IN LOVE with Erik/Nadir as a ship. I'm not even calling it a guilty pleasure anymore... It's my OTP. I read it, I'm trying to write it... It's the smallest ship I can find on FF.net, and oddly one of the most plausible and fascinating ones. I can send links to anyone who is interested and encourage those who aren't not to knock it before they try it. Erik's characterization in E/N is often more poignant and reallistic than anything I've read in the E/C category. Granted, E/C phics are often written by comparatively young and naiive writers and the really good stuff is hard to find. E/N is almost all good (except MPreg. That's never appealed to me) and ridiculously difficult to find.

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-06-2009 at 03:51 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [59] »

Erik and young Madame Giry would be okay, but then of course we know it didn't work out. Erik and Meg stories are just interesting because it either the writer says within the realms of the story or they just make stuff up.

Erik and Other woman...well that depends. I can say that my story was for my cousin--because I love her to death ad because she wouldn't shut up when she asked--and it's more of her happy pill now opposed to a story about her.

Erik and Raoul or Christine and Meg shippings are not what the characters would do. I have no problem with homosexuality, it's just that it doesn't seem that Erik and Raoul be together at all more or less Christine and Meg. Yu know what I mean?

Raoul and Meg along with Chrsitine and Erik stories around sometimes a great idea with pairings, but just a terrible story to witness.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2009 at 12:14 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [60] »

Hate to be contrary, but I've seen some pretty decent Christine/Meg stuff. It's mostly one-sided and unrequited, but, still... Very, very good. Erik/Raoul is a bit less palatable, IMO, because I'm not one for hooking up mortal enemies. Still, under the right author Raoul/Erik can be enjoyable enough.

I swear, I am the only slash shipper 'round here....