The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold From The Rafters
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Posts: 43 | Roses: 10
Old 02-01-2008 at 10:08 PM
DarkGondolier
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
House MD  Post [1]

I am in love with this show. I DVR all the episodes, even though I make sure I see each one live, and I own the boxed DVD set of every season available. Does anyone else watch this amazing medical drama?

Look behind the facade...
DarkGondolier's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 02-01-2008 at 10:14 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I love it too! House's perspective on people and his flat out sarcastic remarks always make me laugh. I still haven't decided if I like this or ER better though...they're different and I guess I like them in my own way :D

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 02-02-2008 at 08:30 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

House MD is my favorite show! I love House. He's the sort of person that you hate and love at the same time. You just can't stay mad at him for very long as he is so funny. It's great that the show is back from the strike, though the first episode that was aired after the strike was intended for Christmas time, I think.

Does anyone remember this line?

"I did it all by myself, Mommy."
- House.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: That guy who always speaks in monologues | Gender: Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 252 | Roses: 35
Old 02-02-2008 at 12:15 PM
F-warp
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Hugh Laurie is the man! I'm a big Blackadder fan so I already had a lot of admiration for the man but he exceeds even my expectations in House.

Although you have to admit, the plot is always very formula-based. If it wasn't for Hugh Laurie, the show would be nothing.

F-warp's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2008 at 08:14 PM
DarkGondolier
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Yeah, I know about the formula thing. Every episode is basically: someone gets sick, title music, sick person is in the hospital, House and co. try to figure out why the person is sick, complications, complications, maybe Wilson or some clinic duty thrown in, they figure it out at the last minute, end of episode. But it's always so entertaining! I give a large amount of credit to Hugh Laurie also.

The whole Christmas episode aired in January was a little off, but apparently that was due to the strike. When they didn't air it around Christmas time I didn't even consider the strike might have been the reason, I just assumed that for some reason this season didn't have a Christmas episode.

Old 02-02-2008 at 08:20 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Actually I've seen a couple episodes where the patient actually dies and for a stupid reason too. Like for example there was this one episode when this girl gets sratched on the back by her bra or something and it gets infected and all that jazzz...well House being House thinks its some extravagent disease and when they can't figure it our...she dies...this episode basically foreshadowed Dr. Formun leaving at the end of the season but anyway just thought I'd throw that out there. :D

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 02-03-2008 at 08:31 PM
DarkGondolier
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about those episodes. I think there were a couple more where the patient dies also. I actually like that not everyone survives in House, although they often do, because it makes it more realistic. Not everyone lives through a disease or whatever in real life, so it makes sense that they wouldn't in a TV show.

Old 02-03-2008 at 08:40 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

I totally agree. I think the shows sometimes make the jobs to glamorous and unrealistic that when someone dies its kind of puts it all back into perspective that life isn't always as perfect as tv show portray them to be.

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 02-03-2008 at 09:39 PM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Who here likes the new "House Crew" of #13, Taub, and Kutner better than the old one with Cameron and Chase on the team? I think I like the newer people better because it's refreshing to see new faces. More storyline possibilities lie in the new people (the "fresh meat"), too.

And Cameron should not have gone blonde.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2008 at 09:41 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I agree about the whole Cameron thing and yes I like the fact that there are new faces on the show but I'm also glad they incorperated Cameron, Formun, and Chase in the show as well...it would feel odd not seeing them ocassionally.