The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold » From The Rafters
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-12-2014 at 11:37 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Confess! You like the "Dexter" series!  Post [1] »

Okay, how many of you actually watch / like "Dexter"?

I can't help but get drawn up into this weird vigilante - serial killer slant to the story. I know we shouldn't like Dexter, but the writers make it so you do, and you find yourself rooting for him and hope he keeps escaping the law! Their twisting my mind to cheer for the serial killer! LOL! Honestly, as a writer, I love all the twisted plot twists...

Dare you confes your fascination with "Dexter"....?

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-13-2014 at 06:39 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I have to admit that I despise the series. I hate the premise. Maybe it's my age. I simply could not finish even one episode, and the advertisements and behind-the-scenes are bad enough. I find it distasteful, just like "Weeds", "Nurse Jackie" and a number of other series.

Yes. Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy. *weary smile*

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 03-13-2014 at 11:58 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Oh YUCK! I hate "Weeds"! Know what you mean there. LOL! I haven't seen "Nurse Jackie" so I don't know if that's good or bad...

I know, "Dexter" can get very gruesome, but it's the plot twists that have me. Imagine a serial killer with some kind of conscience and moral code? He knows he has a 'darkness' that he can't shake, he hopes that by getting rid of the bad guys, he's controlling it by not going after innocent people at least. A little warped idea of doing good, but then he is getting rid of the "bad" serial killers via murder, but then, ...we shouldn't be enjoying one killer popping off another....argh! They're messing with my mind! LOL! It's the suspence, it's inevitable that he'll get caught, but you don't know when, and he keeps escaping the law with such unusal twists, (and yet, I hope he doesn't get caught too, weird I know), I can't wait to see how this ends up.....

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-14-2014 at 01:52 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I just can't get past the premise. I've seen movies and even an anthology TV series episode about a serial killer of serial killers, so it's not original. There are some that go past the point~my personal point I suppose; and, too many series and movies are doing it. Again, I think it's the age of the viewer though I can't speak for all of those my age. I'm aware of the idea of the anti-hero, which was very popular in the late Sixties and early Seventies. They were never that dark though.

Far too many series are going that way, and I've tried one or more episodes before counting them out. Some never made it past the ads and behind-the-scenes looks. I just think series are in a really sad state now. Presently, I'm giving "Resurrection" another chance. I'll see how it goes.

I'd like to drop by to read other responses here.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote