The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold From The Rafters
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Kate O'Keefe | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 29 | Roses: 10
Old 07-16-2011 at 03:54 PM
Kitty-Grimm
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Any BBC watchers here?  Post [1]

Having grown up with BBC, thanks to having an English mum, I wondered if anyone else here watched BBC and what do you watch?

My personal faves have to be Merlin, Robin Hood (Mmm...Richard Armitage), Doctor Who, Vicar of Dibley, Blackadder, Coupling, Green Wing, Lost in Austen, Sherlock and I'm sure there are lots more.

They're actually really good at adaptations of classics. I loved their adaptation of Jane Eyre, North and South was amazing and I was surprised to find their recent rendition of Wuthering Heights wasn't too bad at all and that's a tough book to adapt. Even though I'm not an Austen fan, I quite liked their adaptation of Emma. I hope they do Frankenstein, Hunchback of Notre Dame or even Phantom some time soon.

You are not alone!

Stalk me!
http://kitty-grimm.deviantart.com/
Kitty-Grimm's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-16-2011 at 07:39 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I LOVE Vicar of Dibley! I honestly could watch it all day. Unfortunately, a lot of stations took it down for being offensive. But I like that. I like that it can take controversy (A FEMALE VICAR?? SCANDAL) and take heavy topics (Anything with religion in it is sensitive on the tube these days) and make something beautifully light hearted.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 07-17-2011 at 05:25 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Oh! The Jane Eyre series was unexpectedly good! It wasn't completely faithful and it was a bit too sexed up in regards to the novel, but the camera shots and the acting were quite good.

I just recently watched the series "Sherlock" as part of "Masterpiece Theater." It. Is. Amazing! As a Holmes fan, I was thrilled the characterizations were so close to the original characters (more or less). I can't wait for season 2.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Evonne | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 10-23-2011 at 05:01 AM
Her Phantom's Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Originally from England, having moved to America a few years ago, I grew watching the BBC and it shows, and still do watch it. I really love the Vicar of Dibley it was always one of my favorites. And To the Manor Born, Hornblower series, Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett version) I could go on and on, lol! I currently love watching the Downton Abbey series set in Edwardian England which is now in its second season.

Some the classics they have adapted too like Sense and Sensibility, Jane Eyre, Wives and Daughters, NorthAnger Abbey have been so good and enjoyable. It's even more of a treat that these have been released on DVD too.

"I gave you my music, made your song take wing."
Her Phantom's Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lori (Lauryn) | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,007 | Roses: 2
Old 10-23-2011 at 10:49 PM
Raoulsgal0689
Wandering Child
Lover of Love

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I myself have recently become a HUGE fan of "Merlin". I can't begin to say how much I love it!! I've gotten to see the first three seasons thanks to Netflix, and I saw the first two episodes of the new season on now thanks to youtube. Sadly I can't seem to find it on any of my regular channels, including BBC America. It is seriously depressing me! If there is anyone who could tell me where I might find the latest episodes of Merlin for free, I would be SO incredibly grateful!!

Anorexic Beauty, Feather-weight Perfection...

Anorexic Beauty, Underweight Goddess

Banners Made by the Amazing KT, Awesome PJ (Hidden Away) and Wonderful Cassie (Mrs Nadir Khan)
Raoulsgal0689's Profile Send Private Message Raoulsgal0689's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote