Name: Kitty | Gender: female | Posts: 15 | Roses: 10
Old 01-17-2018 at 09:15 PM
KittyLydia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
*Bows* Hello ^.^  Post [1]

Hello, I'm Kitty-Lydia, I am from the UK and I was introduced to The Phantom of the Opera years ago when I chose a film to watch with my mother -- I thought it would be a horror film.
I absolutely loved the Gerard Butler version of The Phantom of the Opera, and since then I have read the books (adored the original and Susan Kay's Phantom, although I wasn't too fond of Phantom of Manhattan), seen the anniversary editions of the musicals and played the Mystery Legends point and click game.

The beautiful costumes and locations in the film were what originally drew me, but as I have grown up the characters interest me greatly, and I love discussing the story's themes and characters. It's really interesting to see how people interpret Christine, Raoul and Erik.

I'm a video gamer, writer and I enjoy researching local mythology and ghost stories. I hope I'll find lots of other people who love Phantom here as well.

KittyLydia's Profile Send Private Message KittyLydia's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,759 | Roses: 50
Old 01-22-2018 at 11:14 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Hello and welcome to the otherwise seeming quite site.
My names Natalia and I'm melting down under finding shelter and coolness in the shadows.
I first got into the phantom thanks to a friend wanting to do a R.P forum about it but I had NO real idea what the story was about. I LOVE the 2001??? version of the movie and have some questions about 'love never dies'

Anyways...I'm always find lurking in the shadows so if you have any questions or what to say Hello please feel free to P.M me.

I'm mostly seen around the Roleplaying part of the forum but I hope to catch you around.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2018 at 11:26 AM
KittyLydia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Thank you ^.^ I'll have to come over to the RP side of the board. Ferry myself across the waters . . .
KittyLydia's Profile Send Private Message KittyLydia's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2018 at 02:36 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

You'll first need to come up with a character and make a profile. There once were so many amazing people to meet but now they seem to have become ghosts or distant memories though maybe we can frighten them away.

Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 01-23-2018 at 12:17 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Hi, welcome. As Witch says, it's very quiet here these days, so a new voice is always a pleasure. There used to be a big Phantom forum which had been running for many years. It had a large number of members and was always active. However, that site closed a few years ago, and the members have scattered or moved to Facebook. Facebook is okay in its way, but topics sort of drop off the bottom of the page and get lost after a few days. In a forum like this one (or "Deserted Phans," the other one that I read) it's possible to find subjects of interest by the titles, and revive them even if they've been inactive for years (as you did recently, in the one about Erik's kiss).

Like you, I'm in the UK. I had always liked the basic story of Phantom, had read Leroux and seen some of the earlier films. But it was the ALW stage musical (which I first saw in the late 1980's) which really captivated me. Over the years I've seen it about 10 times. I wasn't quite such a fan of the 2004 film with Gerard Butler, but I accept that not everybody can get to the stage show, and the film does bring the music to a wider audience. I prefer the video of the 25th Anniversary at the Royal Albert Hall. Because of limitations of the venue, there were a few things that couldn't be done the way they are in the show's "home" theatre, but it gives us about 90% of the stage show, and I'm very glad to have that. (I was in the audience the night they filmed it, which gives me another reason for liking that one!)

Just to mention a slightly off-beat version of the story, I wonder if you've come across "Wishbone"? That's an American TV show from the 1990's. There's a group of kids with a small dog called Wishbone. Each episode starts with a modern-day framing story, then Wishbone starts telling the story from a famous book. The version of Phantom is necessarily much abridged, but is surprisingly true to the Leroux novel. You can find it on Youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuB3-BvyYMo

I gather from your username that you're a Jane Austen fan! There's also a Wishbone version of Pride & Prejudice, under the name of "Furst Impressions."

I look forward to chatting with you.
MarySkater's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 01-23-2018 at 05:23 PM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Bonjour I post here and there but you won't find me in the roleplay section apparently I'm not creative enough to get involved in that but I enjoy posting elsewhere and hope that other topics will find new posting again...I can't believe how quiet it has gotten but I am still around
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2018 at 06:19 PM
KittyLydia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Thank you all for the welcome :) I was wondering after I posted if the board might have died, but it's great to see some people here.

The film was my first, so it will always have a special place in my heart, but I really enjoyed watching the 25th anniversary stage edition on DVD. I believe it's the 30th anniversary tomorrow?

There was another Phantom film I watched (I think it had Jane Seymour in), which was more of a horror. I think it was a little too scary for me, as I don't think I watched it to the end. But it's really interesting seeing the different interpretations to this story.

I absolutely love Wishbone! :) I watch it on Youtube with my mother, who is also a major fan of the Phantom. I wish they had more TV shows like this in the UK.

My username is actually my first name. I get it a lot, but my mother wasn't a fan of Jane Austen. Massive coincidence, but it's a combination of a friend's name with a variation of my grandmother's first name.

Great to meet you all

Old 01-23-2018 at 06:39 PM
KittyLydia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch View Post
You'll first need to come up with a character and make a profile. There once were so many amazing people to meet but now they seem to have become ghosts or distant memories though maybe we can frighten them away.
Will do ^.^ I'll probably create a profile over the weekend. I'm a writer, so any type of writing is great practice.

Old 01-24-2018 at 02:20 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

If you need help with the profile for your character please let me know. There are a few rules that the admin's would like us all to follow but the first character is what I call a 'free' character. Meaning that as long as they follow the guidelines you're good to go. After that the other characters you make (You're allowed to have three active at once) you'll have to get them approved by an admin (which these days is kind of hard)

Anyway, I hope to see you around and maybe when you're ready we can set up a thread.

Old 01-28-2018 at 04:42 PM
KittyLydia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I made my character profile today, here it is:

http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showth...188#post142188

^.^ I hope Jacob is all right.