The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Above Trap-Doors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,302 | Roses: 0
Old 05-10-2018 at 07:21 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [221] »

Damon Caffrey

Damon was good at what he did. He had worked hard to become so. He had failed more times than he could count but had ridden his moments of success to higher peaks. Where art forgeries were concerned he was the best in the business, his eye for detail, his talent for observation, his ability to survey everything about a room in a single glance had earned him a place not only at the top of the FBI’s most wanted list, but as an individual sought out frequently for jobs such as this. Leo was not the first person to approach him with such a proposal. In fact, since coming to Paris he had been proposition in this way at least a dozen times, it could have been more but Damon had never bothered to count or keep track. All he cared about was that the individuals requesting his services footed the bill and didn’t waste his time with any thing less than 1 million euros, so far Leo had been the only to meet that last criteria and he was prepared to walk away because while they were friends, Damon Caffrey was a commodity, an expensive one and he would not carry out a job for anything less than 60%. Leo knew that, she had always known that about him, but he also knew that she had come prepared for his conditions, he could see the fight in her eyes.

So when he got up from the table he was mentally prepared for her to call him back. If she didn’t he would know that she was not serious about the job or she didn’t really need him, in either case, Damon wasn’t interested. He was passionate about what he did. Such a statement might seem counter intuitive to some. How could a thief be passionate about his trade. Well first of all, Damon Caffrey was not just a common thief, and second, he did good work. It was why Leo had come all this way to find him. Why, despite whatever bad blood or rough history existed between them she had shoved that aside to approach him. He was hoping to leverage his- shall we say uniqueness- to get what he wanted from Leo but it was obvious that Leo would not come down without a fight. It was something he had always liked about her. It was hard for women to break into this business because they lacked the tenacity and the backbone. Yet both Kate and Leo demonstrated it frequently, it was why he would consider his only two real relationships amid a menagerie of flings and one night stands, because they were fierce and full of fire and Damon enjoyed the opportunity to bask in their warmth, even if he did get burned on occasion.

“You’re the one walking away from 7.3 billion euros…” She called and he turned to give her a smile and a dismissive wave but something stopping. A shimmer of gold that she held in her hand. It was a necklace he had given to Kate almost eight years ago. When the Adler debacle had occurred Damon had been broke. On his way home he had stopped at a pawn shop and traded $3.68 for this little gold necklace. He had given it to Kate, telling her they were rich in what mattered. Damon’s mouth flinched involuntarily. Katherine had always been a weakness for him. Truly his achille’s heel. He could feel it, inside of him. His love for her and longing to find her so intense that he gazed at her fully, letting the rage boil behind his smile. “Hmmm? Oh…this little thing… Katherine gave it to me…saw her not too long ago. Maybe I should ask her to join me on the job if you aren’t interested any longer.” Leo said and turned to walk away. Damon found himself wrestling. He wanted to know what Leo knew about Katherines whereabouts. Why had she come to Leo and not to him? If she was in Paris, had she been watching him this whole time? It would be so like her to toy with him, to tease him, until she drove him mad.

Damon’s step was quick as he walked towards Leo, spinning her around he caught her and pressed her against the wall around the corner of the café, in an alley where they would not be seen. “First of all, keep a better eye on your property.” He advised, holding up the chain that he snuck from her grasp when he turned her. “Second, I highly doubt Katherine would be of much help to you in this… you know she specializes in what you do… it would be far to crowded in the kitchen with two head chefs.” He mused with a boyish smile that lit up his eyes, as if he found his own metaphor funny but really he was amused that her planned had worked perfectly. Damon could never resist Katherine and Leo knew. He needed to work on this. He held up the gold chain to look at it. It was indeed the pawn shop necklace that he had bought her so many years ago. He warmed him to think that she had kept it so long and he wondered how often she had cradled it in her hand and thought of him. It had to be some kind of clue from her, Leo had to be a pawn in the bigger game that Katherine was playing, Damon just didn’t know what. “It has to mean something…” he muttered, turning it over in his fingers and then realizing that he was still using his body to hold Leo against the wall turned his attention back to her. “Well… I know you don’t give out information for free… what’s your price?” he asked, very aware that his face was only inches from hers, but all he could think about was Katherine, wondering if even at this very moment he was being watched by his beloved.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lori (Lauryn) | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,019 | Roses: 2
Old 05-16-2018 at 03:50 AM
Raoulsgal0689
Wandering Child
Lover of Love

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [222] »

Leo Williams

She knew exactly what she was doing as she twirled that necklace around her finger. She knew that it was a sure fire way to get his attention once and for all. Katherine had been sure of it too as well when she’d seen her. She’d had requested that Leo find a way to figure out where Damon had kept his money and in return she would split the fortune with her. Leo felt no loyalty whatsoever towards the other woman but she would have also been an idiot to pass up such a enormous fortune. Just as Damon was being an idiot to pass up the incredible payout she was putting forth, all for a measly 10% more of the cut…and knowing him, pride. Perhaps it had been too long since he’d seen her last but she was not the type to give in to demands so easily. She walked away just as easily as he had and she knew with confidence that he would be calling her back.

She smiled triumphantly up at him as she felt him grab her and then pin her against the wall. He’d pulled them into an alley, away from prying eyes. “First of all, keep a better eye on your property.” he told her, holding the necklace up to get a better look at it. “Second, I highly doubt Katherine would be of much help to you in this… you know she specializes in what you do… it would be far to crowded in the kitchen with two head chefs.” He seemed to get lost in thought as he studied the necklace as though expecting some kind of hidden message inside of it. “It has to mean something…” he mused. Leo couldn’t help but be a little disappointed…after all these years Katherine still had the ability to bring him to his knees. When was he going to learn that Katherine was nothing more than a gold digger?!

After a moment he seemed to realize that she was not only still there, but he was still pinning her there with his body. Though she mentally cursed herself for the sudden surge in her heartrate, she managed to keep a bored expression on her face as though she had been waiting for him to regain his senses. “Well… I know you don’t give out information for free… what’s your price?” he finally asked, those blue eyes turning back to her now. He was very close to her now and she was very aware that he hadn’t moved an inch from the position, obviously intending to keep her right there until he had the answer that he wanted from her. She simply smiled back at him, all sweet venom.

“My price actually just went up…I get 60% now…” she commanded, obviously enjoying the fact she now had the upper hand now. “You get 40%...and I’ll give you all the information I have on Katherine’s whereabouts once the job is done.” She was lying through her teeth. She had very little idea where Katherine was or was going and she would be d*mned if she told Damon anything about it. But lying was her expertise…a skill she had been perfecting since Kindergarten. She was certain that Damon wouldn’t be able to tell and that she would be able to fuel the story until the end of job where she would leave him. “After that, I’m gone…I’m going back to the States and you can go off to go find the little witch that sent the cops after you in the first place. You can take it or leave it…your choice,” she told him firmly.

Anorexic Beauty, Feather-weight Perfection...

Anorexic Beauty, Underweight Goddess

Banners Made by the Amazing KT, Awesome PJ (Hidden Away) and Wonderful Cassie (Mrs Nadir Khan)
Raoulsgal0689's Profile Send Private Message Raoulsgal0689's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,302 | Roses: 0
Old 05-17-2018 at 07:44 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [223] »

Damon Caffrey

Katherine. The very idea of her sent shivers throughout his body. He had been under her spell since the moment he had laid eyes on her at black tie event in LA, catering specifically to professional art enthusiasts of the area. He had only seen her from a distance then, sipping on a martini glass filled with a bright red liquid that he was certain was fruity and intoxicating. Under normal circumstances he would have approached her and used his charm to win a coffee date or convince her to go to dinner with him. But some thing about her had intimidated him and Damon Caffrey was no easily deterred. Yet her intense gaze and passed over him like he was as interesting as a fly on the wall and that had only fueled his desire for her all the more. He had followed her to New York and when he carried out the Adler job, the failed Adler job, he had met her and his fake persona had struck up a relationship with the enigma that became his Katherine. He had kept his conning jobs a secret from her for a long time. When she had discovered it she had told him she wanted in and so reluctantly, he had introduced her to Leo and the rest of their group. He was not surprised that Leo didn’t like her. Both women had strong personalities and they butted heads frequently. The difference was, he was sleeping with Katherine. He would do just about anything she asked. If it was any other man with any other woman he would have called them ridiculous, but he was Damon and she was Katherine. They were different. They were them

Now Leo stood before him, holding the first signs of Katherine he’d seen in the last two years. The pain that shot through his chest which accompanied the longing to hold her in his arms, to feel her body against his and press his mouth to hers, it was almost unbearable. He did his best to control it but he knew she could see it. She had always known the weakness that Katherine was to him. He would fall to his knees before her and promise her anything if it meant having her back in his life. Well, almost anything. There was the small matter of the money he had spread in accounts all over the world, under different names and with different banks. Not even Leo had been able to find it and he knew she had tried. It had amused him greatly to watch her efforts. Katherine had begged him on numerous occasions, citing the fact that they were deeply in love and they should share everything. But Damon had wanted to wait. As silly as it was he had dreamed once of them settling down somewhere, having a family. It seemed ridiculous now and the idea of a child repulsed Damon but at one point, in his younger years; when he had been hopelessly in love with Katherine, he had dared to think that he might have it. Leo brandishing the necklace was a reminder that he had been foolish to want that, to suggest it to Katherine, whose only thought was of money and how to obtain more of it. So he had taken bigger and bigger jobs, putting himself in more and more danger, until the cops had found him and Katherine had conveniently disappeared.

He waited, unable to look away from the necklace that held so many memories. She had seen Katherine. He had so many questions. But he knew it wouldn’t be that easy. With Leo it never was. “My price actually just went up…I get 60% now…” It seemed such a small request now, in light of the fact that she had the information he so desperately needed, had searched for all this time. God he just wanted that necklace. He wanted to look over it for the clues he was certain his beloved had left. “You get 40%...and I’ll give you all the information I have on Katherine’s whereabouts once the job is done.” He couldn’t help but nod. He couldn’t stop it even if he wanted to pause and think about it. It was an automatic reaction, one that he might come to regret. He had not guarantee that she knew where Katherine was, but he wanted to believe it. He wanted to think that Leo knew where Katherine was and that he would soon know as well. It was all he had to cling to in this moment, the insatiable hunger for his Kate was so overwhelming he felt like he needed a cold shower. “After that, I’m gone…I’m going back to the States and you can go off to go find the little witch that sent the cops after you in the first place. You can take it or leave it…your choice,” she paused then and he barely heard her. All he could think about was the moment he would be reunited with the woman who had cleverly alluded him all this time. He was close. So close. Just a little longer.

“Fine Leo. Whatever you want.” He said, half distractedly as he snatched the necklace from her, his hand shaking slightly as he cradled the cheap piece of jewelry in his palm like it was some rare gem to be cherished. He had not expected to see any thing obvious in terms of clues upon a cursory glance. Now all he wanted to do was go back to where he was staying and look at it closely, try out a few different chemicals on it to see if it would reveal something. It was as if Leo wasn’t even there. Realizing that she was he pulled a piece of paper from his pocket. “I will have the formal contracts drawn up for the jobs… giving legitimacy to our work… by next week.” He scribbled the address of the library on the paper, figuring she would know where it was anyway but he didn’t want to risk it. “I’m there enough that I even have a table reserved. Ask for Neal if you can’t find me.” He ripped the piece of paper off the pad and handed it to her. “Its been a pleasure as always.” He said with an easy smile, already recovering from his momentary slip from seeing evidence of Katherine in Paris. He backed away from Leo and decided to walk up the alley instead of back in front of the café, it was after all, the fastest way to his hotel.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote