The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Above Trap-Doors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Lia | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 703 | Roses: 74
Old 01-28-2010 at 02:02 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Vaylin Klythe

Vaylin wasn't used to being rejected at all, in any form or another. During high school, it had never been an issue at all. She might've been feisty and darn scary sometimes, but boys still managed to come to her flocks,so she was never without a date no matter what the occasion was... Whether it be the prom, or a casual Saturday meeting with friends, she always had a little tag along. She knew that it was a bad habit, to lead them on like that, but they seemed to enjoy it while it lasted and she certainly found herself the entertainment she needed constantly. She knew she ought to be thankful for her figure and being at least relatively good looking, if she did say so herself. But out of high school was a different story all together. After a few years of being on her own, it finally knocked the sense into her head that she no longer could get people to do whatever she wanted them to with just a coy look and a fluttering of eyelashes. No. This world made sure that her ego was beaten down to size before her 21st birthday, and all it took was one boy.

Still, even after all that, Vaylin took rejections rather badly. Whether it be a friend who declined a Shopping trip on the weekends, or someone who couldn't make it for a cup of coffee because they had too much work, it still left her feeling horribly disappointed every single time. So when Calvin didn't seem to be able to respond to her at all, the only thing that she could think of was that he didn't want her around, and that he wanted her to leave. Her happiness at seeing him had completely evapourated, leaving her with a bitter feeling inside. She quickly asked him if he was okay, but as soon as she said that she wanted to beat herself over the head repeatedly with a saucepan. She finally realised that a glass of water was sitting on the counter in front of her, and for a split moment she considered dumping it over herself... but no, that would've been just stupid. He didn't reply, only glanced at her with the same painful expression on his face. Vaylin prepared herself for the worst. She half expected him just to ignore her, and eventually she'd go away... but no, he shook his head in answer.

Vaylin released a big sigh inside her head, thankful that he didn't push her away. Calvin looked liked he needed someone... and if he had told her to leave, she would be abandoning him as well. He pulled his arm away from her had, and sighed. Vaylin bit her lip, wondering how to continue. "Read it," he murmered soflty as he handed her a letter. Vaylin paused before accepting the pieces of paper, gave him one last glance before lowering her eyes to the pages and started to read. She tried to read as fast as she could, but it was hard since she had to re-read several lines over again because her vision kept clouding up with anger. Who was this woman? How dare she do this to Calvin? Vaylin couldn't think of how anyone could do something this horrible to a man like Calvin, especially him! She gripped the pages tightly when she finished, wanting to tear up the letter as soon as she could. Calvin met her eyes and slid something towards her over the counter. It was an engagement ring. "Oh Calvin..." She said softly, trying to restrain her anger. The only thing she wanted to do right now was storm over to wherever this 'Taressa' woman is and punch her. Hard. And cause her as much pain as was humanly possible.

Calvin looked back down at the ring on the table. "She left not just me but our kids too... Parker six and Olivia only two months old... what kind of person does that Vaylin?" he asked, his voice cracking slightly. That's exactly what Vaylin wanted to know. Calvin's last statement just made her even more infuriated, if it were possible. Not only leaving this man who clearly seemed to love her dearly, she had left the two kids as well. That to Vaylin was unforgivable. No mother should leave her kids. They should never, ever do anything of the sort. She grasped Calvin's hand with both of her own, her small ones barely covering his single one. "What do I do now?" he asked her softly, his voice filled with despair.

Vaylin didn't know. This was one of the few occasions where she had no idea what to do. She had never had anther boyfriend since that last one which caused her so much pain, and never ever considered anyone she knew to be someone she could spend the rest of her life with. She looked back down at the ring on the counter, glinting in the lights from around them. It seemed to her that the ring was silently mocking him, a tangible reminder of what had happened. She looked back at Calvin, her mouth set into a firm line. "First thing first," she said, taking one hand off his and reached to pick up the ring. "Put this away." She motioned to his other hand, and placed the ring in it. "Looking at it will only make you feel worse." She said simply. Heck, it made her feel horrible just looking at it, she had no idea how bad it must be for Calvin.

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

~Shameless Self Advertising~

~Banners by the wonderful Kearyn, Rose and me. XD~
tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,298 | Roses: 0
Old 01-28-2010 at 01:10 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

Calvin Booth

He was glad he wasn't alone anymore. He wasn't alone to sit there and think to himself that it was his fault that she'd left... that he'd driven her away from their kids and from him. He'd been trying his best to balance his work and his home life and he'd thought he'd been doing a very good job of it. Then in the letter she said that they just didn't have enough time to try and make this work. She said marriage took time and work and they didn't have the incentive to do either. He wondered if that was her way of saying that he wouldn't make a good husband or if she was admitting in a round about way that she didn't possess those abilities and qualities. Calvin was certain it was his first thought though he desperately wanted it to be the second. Calvin had drank half of his wine without even realizing. The action of bringing his glass to his lips was perhaps the only thing that was keeping him sane.. it was as if it were the only thing that hadn't changed. When grabbed his coat out of his closet he was well aware that all Taressa's things were gone... that there was no mink coat he'd bought her for Christmas or the Columbia snow jacket that she'd bought herself because she said she didn't have a good water proof jacket... every trace of her was gone... and with her she'd taken apart of his heart that he didn't know how he'd get back.

The problem was this: He'd loved her with every fiber of his being. He'd loved her for almost ten years and he'd thought now they would get the chance to be together... they could make this work because they were two people that loved each other and they already were connected through another soul in the form of their son. That was more binding to him then any kind of marriage vows. They were connected through Parker, no matter where Taressa went she would always realize that they were connected through their children, she would always be missing them even though she may not miss Calvin. The cop would teach his children how to carry on without their mother and hope that in the process he learned how to do it too. He would show them that sometimes things happened and you just had to deal with them all the while telling himself the same thing. He knew he had to be strong for them. Especially Parker who knew exactly what was going on. He would have to quiet one of his jobs for sure so he could be home more and he tried to think of the one that was most likely to take him away from home... the only one he could think of was the department... and he knew that he would have to quit... at least temporarily... until he figured out what he was doing.

Vaylin just being there was a huge strength. He shook his head fervently when she suggested that she leave because he hadn't responded to the things she'd been saying. It wasn't that he had not inclination to it was simply that he couldn't work himself up to be as happy and bubbly as she was at seeing him and that was what she was looking for... well some of what she was looking for. He almost wanted to laugh when she asked if he was okay then the expression on her face stopped him. Finally he just handed her the letter and told her to read it. He watched her out of the corner of his eye as she scanned the first two pages and saw that her fingers were trembling... from anger or another emotion Calvin didn't quiet know. He took another sip of his wine and turned the ring between his fingers. When she'd finished reading she slid it over to him. He heard her mutter his name at some point but he didn't say or do anything in response. All he could ask her was what kind of person Taressa had to be to leave him alone to raise their kids... she left not only him but their two little kids.. he was certain he would be able to get over it if she had just left him but not his kids too.

He felt her grasp his hands in both of hers and at first he was tempted to pull away. The touch of any woman, even someone that he cared about like family was almost disgusting to him at the moment but he fought the urge and simply let her hold his hand as he let out a sighed and asked her what hew as supposed to do now. He wasn't ready to go home and face the reality that hew as all alone once again. Well he wasn't all alone, Parker and Olivia would be there. Parker would probably be waiting for him on the couch and Olivia would be up for her bottle that she had every four hours or so. Calvin knew that he had to go home eventually but not yet... he wasn't ready yet. "First thing first," she began and reaching forward she held the ring so they could both see it... the beautiful white gold band that he'd took such care in selecting... that she'd just thrown away like the prospect of their marriage... it made Calvin feel sick just looking at it. "Put this away." She encouraged him gently, placing the ring in his other hand as she said it. He looked down at it, the small band in the palm of his hand... "Looking at it will only make you feel worse." she said and he knew she was right... the first time she'd refused him he'd stared at the ring for a good two days straight, unable to understand why... he was doing the same thing now.

Finally Calvin slipped the ring into his pocket and for some reason he felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He looked up at Vaylin and managed a weak and uncertain smile that he doubted looked any better then the smile he'd tried to give her earlier. "I don't know why she did it Vaylin..." he told his friend seriously, shew as here to help him and now he just needed to talk. "I feel that maybe if I did some things differently she wouldn't have left.... I try to think of things that I could have done and can't come up with any..." he shook his head, running a hand over his short brown hair, the same color as Olivia's. He could see that she was just as lost as he was when it came to what to do. "I need to tell Parker..." he whispered softly as if it was some curse that someone had placed upon him. "How am I going to tell him Vaylin.. that his mother walked out on him... how on Earth do you tell a six year old kid that?" Calvin asked as he slammed his fists against the counter a little harder then he'd intended and the waitress gave him a sympathetic look while a couple patrons looked frightened... he felt bad... he'd been having mini outbursts all evening. "how do I tell them..." he repeated a cracked voice... barely above a whisper... it described how he felt... small and frail and broken, tonight Calvin wasn't a cop or a former sniper.... he was a broken hearted man who had no idea how to get through the night let alone th rest of his life.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010 at 06:44 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

OOC: I'm going to have to make this short, I've got a load of assignments for school already...sorry. BIC:

Vaylin Klythe

When Vaylin told Calvin to put away the ring, she thought he would refuse at first. He stared at the thing (it was a beautiful ring actually) for a while, sitting there in his hand. After some time, he finally slipped the band into his pocket. Vaylin gave an inner sigh of relief... she hadn't been sure that he would've wanted that to be honest... she had been glad she did suggest it though now, because it seems that Calvin looked a tiny bit happier, but not by a lot...He looked up at Vaylin and managed a weak and uncertain smile... Vaylin smiled back and squeezed his hand gently. Sure his smile didn't look all that happy at all, and it wasn't much improvement from the earlier smile... but there was at least SOME improvement. Which in Vaylin's opinion is definitely better than nothing.

He paused for a while, before stating to her seriously, "I don't know why she did it Vaylin..." She squeezed his hand comfortingly again. He seemed like he needed to talk, so she'll just sit here and listen, and hope that she can help in any way that she can. "I feel that maybe if I did some things differently she wouldn't have left.... I try to think of things that I could have done and can't come up with any..." he shook his head, running a hand over his short brown hair. Vaylin shook her head... "You can't blame yourself for this," she said quietly, even though there was a tiny niggling doubt in the back of her mind, which she squashed down to the tiniest crack in her mind... everyone always blamed themselves for disastrous problems in their life... and while sometimes it is they're fault, Vaylin didn't believe for a second that Calvin was at fault here. She was slightly at a loss... she had never gone through anything quite this bad before, and she had never even considered marriage...

Calvin suddenly paused again, a sadder look replacing his features. "I need to tell Parker..." he whispered softly, his voice laced with despair. Vaylin bit her lip, and placed her free hand on his arm in another comforting gesture. "How am I going to tell him Vaylin.. that his mother walked out on him... how on Earth do you tell a six year old kid that?" Calvin asked as he slammed his fists against the counter hard, making Vaylin jump slightly. The waitress across from them shot him a sympathetic look while a couple of the patrons looked at them with a frightened expression. She just wanted to tell them to piss off... he wasn't some sort of spectacle to be gawked at. She glared at them until they looked away. "how do I tell them..." he repeated a cracked voice, barely above a whisper... it nearly broke Vaylin's heart to see him here like this, the utter despair that can be heard in his voice when he spoke... She leant over and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, squeezing them tightly, trying to comfort him. She knew that it was probably pointless... there wasn't much she could do at all.

How would she have reacted? If it was her, she would have no idea either... how to tell little children that, for gods sake. it wasn't something a child should go through... never ever, it was the mother's responsibility to prevent this...but when it was the mother's fault, then she was at a loss. "I don't know either..." she shamefully admitted to him, wishing that she had more experience in life or what not so that she might be more of a support, not just an annoying little sister who couldn't help her bigger brother when he needed her the most. "Where are they right now? Olivia and Parker?" she asked gently, rubbing his back in slow circles. "Is someone taking care of them?" Maybe she could help... after all, she wanted to help, and anything she could offer she will.

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010 at 12:41 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Calvin Booth

The only thing that Calvin could compare to this was being tortured as a prisoner of war in Iraq. The kind of pain wasn't the same, not even close but the feelings of not knowing what to do mixed with the despair and hopelessness that he would never figure out how to cope was there. It was all so familiar. It was why when he'd come back from Iraq and suffered from nightmares he was prescribed by a doctor to talk about them to whoever came running to wake him up. He'd tackled about many of his nightmares and some of them Camille had to leave because she couldn't handle listening. Jared had usually just sat there in silence, his face white his lips pressed together as he nodded and occasionally muttered a curse under his breath like that would help Calvin. Sometimes it did though, when he was talking about shielding one soldier as they tried to beat him to death Jared had sworn and said that he hoped the guy knew that he owed you, Calvin simply replied that he'd died not long over their captors left and Calvin wasn't even sure if him shielding his comrade had made a difference... he knew that Jared listening did... because if he had to work through his nightmares, or more appropriately his memories in dream form he was certain he would go insane.

The worst part of the whole thing came when he realized that somehow he would have to tel his six year old son. How on Earth was he going to do that. Parker had already been upset that he thought his mother had gone to work without taking him. At least that was what he said and apparently she'd told him that he needed to stay home, be a big boy, and watch his baby sister until his father got home, which had only been like two hours after that. Calvin had thought that was really what had happened and he was surprised that she hadn't called Cara or someone to come over so that they kids were being watched until Calvin got home. He'd been called out late the previous night, or early that morning (however you wanted to look at it) and when he got home the one thing on his mind had been sleep. So he'd called the neighbor across the way and she'd come over while he'd laid on the couch and fallen asleep. It was only that afternoon when he went in his and Taressa's bedroom to hunt out Olivia's blanket that he saw the note and the ring on his pillow. At first he thought maybe she was just playing some kind of joke... but Taressa had never been someone to joke around... then he read the note.

He was just glad that Vaylin had showed up. He was glad to have someone that could at least try to talk him through the pain he was feeling. He knew that she was just as lost on what to do as he was but any suggestion from her was a step in the right direction... he wished that he'd been able to call Rebecca, she knew what it was like to abandon by your loved ones and she had turned out just fine, he wanted to know her secret so that he and his kids could go on like nothing had happened the best they could. He'd covered his face with his hands, trying to shield himself from all the looks he knew he was getting. He watched out of the corner of his eye as Vaylin looked at all the patrons that were staring in turn making them look elsewhere. Calvin finally asked her how... how did he tell his kids... Parker now and Olivia when she got old enough... that their mother was gone.... they would believe that their mother didn't' love them... that she hadn't cared for them when she had sacrificed a lot the first six years of Parker's life and she had done so much to bring Olivia into the world. Still the same question rang in Calvin's mind? If she'd done and care so much, why did she leave them?

If he couldn't give himself a satisfactory answer how on Earth was he going to give his kids one? It made his head hurt to think about it but he ignored the slight throbbing, took a sip of his wine and continued to send his mind in that general direction. He felt her wrap her small arms around his shoulders and he found himself leaning in to her... not enough to throw her off balance but enough to find some comfort in his friend. "I don't know either..." she admitted and Calvin sighed glad that at least she was honest. At least she didn't sit there and lie to him like Taressa had for who knew how long. He questioned all the things that she'd said to him... when she said that she loved him had she been telling the truth or had it all just been an act? An act that she'd put on to get to a certain point before she was ready to get away... had she wanted to be sure that her leaving would hurt him deeply before she took off... or that their kids would have someone to take care of them? He wished he knew. "Where are they right now? Olivia and Parker?" Vaylin asked him, rubbing his back in a soothing man and Calvin felt a small groan pass his lips. "Is someone taking care of them?" she questioned and he could only nod... he had someone taking care of them that wouldn't leave them for any reason what so ever.

He looked up at Vaylin, saw her hopeful expression and he knew what she wanted to do. He shrugged and sighed. "They're at home with a babysitter..." he told her with a sigh. "I didn't want to leave them but I didn't want Parker to see my like this... and Olivia can sense when I'm upset somehow... I didn't want to upset them..." he explained, hoping that Vaylin didn't think he was a horrible father for leaving his kids for a few hours in a time like this. He shook his head. "I know what you're thinking Vaylin and I don't think its the best idea..." he said and then he went on before she could say anything. "You thought you could come home with me to tell Parker but all that would lead him to believe was that I was trying to replace his mother.. he's never met you before so he wouldn't know otherwise... maybe in a couple of hours you could come by or something but when I first tell him I want it to just be us... he needs to be able to ask questions without someone else there you know..." he explained, now he was only trying to be a good father and do what was best for his kids... heaven knew they'd had enough let downs and disappointments already... he just hoped that he could protect them from anymore happening for a long long time.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 02-06-2010 at 02:02 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

Vaylin Klythe

Vaylin hated being lied to. It was possibly the worst thing you could do to her... ever since that incident a few years ago, she would flare up if anyone lied to her, even if it was something tiny or small, like spilled coffee on a book or something. So she tried to never lie herself... after all, she didn't want to be a hypocrite. She still felt horrible for telling him that she didn't know what to do... since she was supposed to be here to help, but fat lot of help she was...

Vaylin asked him quickly about the children, rubbing his back in a soothing manner. Calvin let out a small groan at her question, which made Vaylin uneasy. She asked if anyone was taking care of them... she wanted to help him, and maybe she could by looking after them. After all, she still hasn't had the chance to meet them yet. Calvin gave a small nod to her question... then glanced up at her face, and gave a deep sigh and shrugged. "They're at home with a babysitter..." he told her with a sigh. "I didn't want to leave them but I didn't want Parker to see my like this... and Olivia can sense when I'm upset somehow... I didn't want to upset them..." he said with another sigh. Vaylin patted his back. She understood... the children didn't need to become more scared. And of course someone would be taking care of them... she knew how responsible Calvin was (when he wasn't drunk of course) and berated herself for even thinking that he could've left his children alone while he came here. Still, she was hopeful that she would meet them... Vaylin had always had a fondness for young children and she loved meeting them...

Calvin suddenly shook his head, causing Vaylin to look at him with a quizzical expression. "I know what you're thinking Vaylin and I don't think its the best idea..." he said. Vaylin felt her face drop slightly. He went on before she could say anything. "You thought you could come home with me to tell Parker but all that would lead him to believe was that I was trying to replace his mother.. he's never met you before so he wouldn't know otherwise... maybe in a couple of hours you could come by or something but when I first tell him I want it to just be us... he needs to be able to ask questions without someone else there you know..." he explained. Vaylin sighed, and nodded. She knew that he was right... she hadn't given that much thought at all, she just thought of comforting Calvin and being his support through this hard time. She had forgotten how small children take things or situations like this. She knew that is she followed Calvin home, Parker would probably yell at her and tell her to get out anyway... no, best leave the meeting to another time then, she thought glumly.

She kept rubbing his back in comforting circles, glancing around the room. Outside was now completely dark, the bright street lamps illuminating the footpaths. The people eating their dinner were slightly filtering out by now, with only a few couples left sharing a late meal. She turned back to the bar and grabbed the glass of water, and pressed it into Calvin's hand. "Here, " she urged softly, "You look like need it." she gestured to the waitress and asked for another glass of water for herself. She stayed silent after that though, trying to work out what they could do to possibly cheer Calvin up... "This might be a stupid suggestion, and it probably is," she said in a rushed voice, "but maybe after you tell Parker... would you like to go somewhere?" she asked, tracing a pattern on the bar in front of her with her finger. "Just to take your mind off it all..." She hoped he would say yes...but she would understand if he declined. "You don't have to, you know," she assured him quickly. "I understand if you don't."

Old 02-06-2010 at 03:49 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin knew what it was like to be in charge of other people. He'd been leading missions since he was nineteen years old. He'd never been sure what the Chiefs of Staff saw in him when he called him into his office after a year and a half of service and told him that he wanted Calvin to lead the next mission. He'd known that it was a test, teting hsi ability as a leader and a team player of sorts. Some of the men had a hard time listening to someone so much younger then them. Calvin had quickly put them in their place when he'd been at target practice... he'd shot seven times as fast as he could and when the target was brought over to him he'd hit the same spot practically every time with little variation. Some of the men he was to be leading were there and they didn't say anything... they listened to him from now on though and Calvin was glad because when they went on the mission that evening they were moving through the woods... careful of pits and other similar traps when he heard something and ordered his men to get down. The moment six out of seven of them did the one that was still up looking as if he was going to figure otu exactly what it was, was shot... Calvin carried him the five miles back to base on his shoulders while someone else carried his rifle, but he died later that night with a gunshot wound to the chest and one to the back.

Leading a group of soldiers through the motions of a sucessful mission was nothing like raising his kids on his own. He knew that he wasn't their mother, nor could he ever be their mother. He didn't know what he was going to do or how he was going to handle things when they came to him with questions that he couldn't answer. He had not intention of ever remarrying or even looking for someone to replace his children's mother The thought of putting himself up for another chance to be hurt again made him cringe. He couldn't help but wonder though how he woudl handle things if she cvame back. If suddenly she appeared on his doorstep and gave same excuse then said taht she hoped he woudl take her back for the sake of their kids because she loved him or whatever lies she would tell him. He doubted at the moment that he'd be able to slam the door in her face, in fact if she came back tonight and said that she'd had to take care of something Calvin would take her back with open arms... he was certain that he would feel differently tomorrow.. he woudl be more bitter and less desperat eabout the situation because the reailyt of it would have sunk in... now he was still trying to absorb the fact that when he wnet home, only his kids would be there.

Calvin felt sorry for Vaylin. He knew that she was trying to comfort him and he was trying his best to be comforted but he just didn't have it in him to smile and act like comforted individuals would act. In fact it was probably going to take a while before he was able tos mile and thoroughly enjoy myself again. "Here, " she urged softly pressing a glass of water into his hand... he looked at her with an incredulous expression on his face. "You look like need it." she gestured to a waitress for something and Calvin took a sip of the water, feeling the cold liquid run down his throat was almost pleasant... it seemed to ease the burning there. "This might be a stupid suggestion, and it probably is," she said in a rushed voice and Calvin glanced at her, wondering what was on her mind. "but maybe after you tell Parker... would you like to go somewhere?" she asked him and he recalled the last time they'd gone out together.. how drunk he'd gotten... he could do that again... not with two kids at home... plus drinking to muchw as dangerous for him... an addiction to alchohol ran in his family. "Just to take your mind off it all..." She said in a hopeful tone and it made Calvin feel bad that she wanted to help... then an idea occured to him. "I understand if you don't." she continued slowly and Calvin slowly shook his hed indicating that he really did want to.. he jus felt he had a better idea.

He looked over at her and managed a weak smile at her, the first semi real smile he'd given her since she'd decided to sit beside him and be the poor soul that he told all his troubles to... any longer an dhe would have started telling the bartender, he probably hears a lot of people's problems. Calvin ran a hand through his short brown hair. "What if we did something else..." Calvin suggested, hoping that she would agree to his suggestion. "I'm going to go home and talk to parker... make sure he knows that the people coming by are just friends and that way he wont' think anything or it if you come to lunch tomorrow... Parker always wants someone to play hide and seek with and since Olivia's to youn..." He shrugged and smiled at her, hopingt hat she woudl.. it would keep the alchohol at a minimal though he wouldn't mind sharing a glass of wine while they ate... Calvin pushed the fact out of his mind that thsi could possibly count as a date but when you considered the persont o be more like family you could argue against that. Calvin took another sip of water. "I mean if you're bsuy or don't want to I can understand... I just don't want to leave my kids alone any more then I have to this weekend... I do have to start working again soon but by then they'd have had more time to adjust to a babysitter and realize I'm not leaving them too..." he explained, hoping she woudl agree to come over.. having someone to talk with and attempt to enjoy himself with would make staying home with them easier... not that he didn't enjoy and love his kids.. he just didn't want to feel alone when he laid them down for their naps.

Old 02-08-2010 at 11:23 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

OOC: Pathetic post, sorry... BIC:

Vaylin Klythe

He looked over at her and managed a weak smile at her, which lifted Vaylin's spirits somewhat... it was the first semi real smile he had given her since she saw him tonight, and while it still wasn't the one that liked seeing on his face, improvement was improvement. She watched as he ran his hand through his cropped brown hair, thinking. "What if we did something else..." Calvin suggested. Vaylin's interest immediately perked up. She would be up for it... as long as it made him happier, she'll do it. "I'm going to go home and talk to Parker... make sure he knows that the people coming by are just friends and that way he wont' think anything or it if you come to lunch tomorrow... Parker always wants someone to play hide and seek with and since Olivia's to young..." He shrugged and smiled at her again. Vaylin felt her own face stretch into another grin. So he did want her to come over after all... she felt cheered by the prospect. And she'd finally get to meet the children as well. Yes, she definitely liked this idea.

Calvin took another sip of water, and continued, "I mean if you're busy or don't want to I can understand... I just don't want to leave my kids alone any more then I have to this weekend... I do have to start working again soon but by then they'd have had more time to adjust to a babysitter and realize I'm not leaving them too..." he explained quickly. Vaylin shook her head, smiling. "Are you crazy?" she asked with a chuckle. "Of course I want to! And it's alright, you don't need to explain." She said fondly. "Having kids means responsibility... they should be proud to have a dad like you."

Old 02-14-2010 at 02:43 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

OOC: I think I'm going to end it... but if you want to do a Kypton/Vaylin scene that could be interesting BIC:

Calvin Booth

Responsibility. It was a word that Calvin hadn't fully understood til he'd joined the army and been responsible for the lives of the men that he led on missions. To know that you were in charge of that person.. that it was your duty to bring them back alive was a big deal. At least it had been for Calvin and when you didn't succeed it was like a kick in the face because you knew that in some way it was your fault weather you made a bad call or didn't assert your authority and they did something when you tldl them not to it really didn't matter. You just had to go back to base and try to cope with the fact that pretty soon you would be shipped back tot he States to go and tell the family in person that their son or daughter would not be coming home. It was a special request that he was able to talk to the family in persona bout it.. that way it seemed more personal, more like he cared. Perhaps that worse one had been when he'd accidentally shot a corporal because he sat up when he told him to stay down and he was making a shot. Calvin knew that the kid wouldn't want him to blame himself but he couldn't himself... when he'd gone to see his beautiful fiance and tell her what happened she'd slammed the door in his face... and he'd felt like it was deserved.. even if he'd carried him six miles on his back to where the helicopter was supposed to meet them... he'd died because Calvin hadn't made sure when he finally pulled the trigger that he was down.

This responsibility was different though. He wasn't just responsible for a human life these particular lives depended on him for survival. They needed not only his protection an guidance but also his knowledge to get food and when to go to bed... basic things. Calvin felt the full weight of ti as he sat there. Before it had been him and Taressa so they could split the responsibility, one person cooked and cleaned while the other entertained the kids and put dinner on the table. They had changed responsibilities every once in a while but now it would be Calvin's job to do it all and he was still debating on how he was going to pull that one off. He let oua slow breath as he took a sip of the water that Vaylin had handed him. He wanted help, he needed it but he didn't know where to go to ask for it. He didn't want to impede on anyone's personal life but he knew that if he asked them to babysit that would mean them taking time out of their day to do something for him... even if he paid them he could never pay them enough for everything they would do for him in simply agreeing to watch his kids for a few hours while he went and checked out a crime scene or a drug bust... there wasn't enough money in the world to show just how grateful he was.

Vaylin was an option. He knew that without a doubt but she had rehearsals and he didn't even want to think about trying pull her away from those just because he needed a quick babysitter. He could tell that she wanted to help though and so he searched his mind. Finally he settled on an idea. She could come over and have lunch with him and his kids tomorrow. Tomorrow was Saturday after all and he didn't have to work and it would just be a lazy day at home. The only reason he didn't want her to come over tonight was because he hadn't told Parker yet an he would probably think he was trying to replace his mother with Vaylin which would be disastrous. Parker had looked upset when he left it he came home with another woman he would be even more upset so he figured they'd better steer clear of that problem all together. He hoped that Vaylin would agree. He loved his kids but the company of an adult or someone that could actually communicate in an adult manner was a welcome addition regardless of who t hey were as long as they were a friend. "Are you crazy?" she asked with a chuckle making Calvin smile weakly at her. "Of course I want to! And it's alright, you don't need to explain." She assured him though he pretty much already had. "Having kids means responsibility... they should be proud to have a dad like you." Calvin nodded and wondered if Taressa had ever felt that way... she used to tell him that he was a wonderful father... perhaps that had just been a lie... a facade to cover up how she really felt.

Calvin let out a sigh and then drained the glass of water, setting ti down with a gentle thud on the top of the bar. He waved the waitress away who gestured towards a coffee pot... he really just needed to be getting home. He patted Vaylin's hand which still rested on his arm. She was a good friend, someone he knew he could count on and he was glad she was the one that had come into the cafe this particular evening. He believed in a Divine Power and thanked that Supreme Being now for having Vaylin here to comfort him. He glanced over at her and nodded to show that he'd heard her agree to his suggestion. "Well alright then... sounds like a date..." he said in an almost teasing tone though by no means was it a date... half of the time Parker would want Vaylin to play cars with him on the floor and wrestle with him or something while Calvin tried to tend to Olivia and keep her entertained... hopefully she was in one of those moods were Calvin could just stick her in her swing and she would be content. He straightened and got off the stool. "But speaking of my kids I have to get home... I kind of left the babysitter without an explanation and I'm sure she's wondering what's going on..." he said and with that he patted Vaylin's shoulder as another show of thanks and headed for home.

OOC: End of Scene. BIC:

Name: Lori (Lauryn) | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,016 | Roses: 2
Old 02-22-2010 at 10:56 PM
Raoulsgal0689
Wandering Child
Lover of Love

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul de Chagny View Post
Christian Lisle

The cafe was noisier than usual today. As almost all of the occupants of the Opera House had the day off today. So naturally they all come here to socialize with each other. It just seemed like an excuse for mindless chatter he thought to himself. He didn't want to spend his day off talking to people that he had already seen during working hours. He didn't care what they did outside of work, and it wasn't any of their business what he did. Just as long as he was left in peace, Christian was content with being anti-social.

His hot cup of coffee and cheesecake that he had ordered was brought over to him by a tired looking but still smiling waitress, who seemed to be anxious for her shift to be over. Christian sympathised with her, knowing how she must feel with the busier than usual cafe. He did nothing else, not talking to the waitress or anyone else in the cafe. He just sat there quietly and happily on his own at the table with only a chair for one, drinking his coffee.

There were familiar voices chatting to each other at the cafe, but he ignored all of them. Deep in his own little world and drowning out the voices around him, Christian didn't notice someone he knew approach his table. They obviously didn't see that he wanted to be alone, that's why the only chair at the table was the one he was sitting in. He looked up from the table to see the dancer he had met one day on the stage had approached him. She had also returned the second chair that he had moved away from the table back to its rightful place, and there was nothing he could do about it without sounding incredibly rude.

Reese didn't sit in the chair, choosing to stand behind it as if she was waiting for him to give her permission to join him. "You know, eating all alone could be considered antisocial behavior..." she mused teasingly as she laughed and smiled at him. That was the point. He thought to himself, his green eyes staring at the dancer as he continued to sit in silence.

"Think you could use some company?" she asked. Preferably not, but he didn't want to be rude, so he shrugged his shoulders in defeat and waved a hand at the empty chair across from him. Seeing Reese smile at him made him feel happier, even though he originally just wanted to be on his own. He was willing to accommodate her at his table.
Reese Cordova

Reese had always been rather good with mysteries. When she was young she would read all kind of murder mystery novels and such and usually she had them completely figured out by the time the big reveal came. She always enjoyed the excitement and thrill of the mystery, but never had she been so intrigued as she was with Christian. He was definately one mystery she couldn't seem to figure out. And yet she she couldn't wanting to continue to try. He was relatively silent, that much she knew, so she didn't have a whole lot of clues to go on. In fact she wasn't even sure what the mystery was that she was trying to solve about him, but she just felt like spending more time with him and putting it together....whatever "it" was.

She started to feel a little rediculous for coming over there and asking to sit with him. She should have realized that the chair had been moved in order to prevent anyone else from coming and joining him, therefore disturbing his quiet afternoon. His piercing green eyes stared her down for a second as she gazed back at him, entranced. She didn't want to back down now, fearing that would only make her seem even more of a fool. She finally asked the question that she thought she knew the true answer to, wondering if he'd mind some company. She was surprised when he finally just shrugged, waving at the chair she'd gone and pulled over. He said nothing and this did not escape Reese, who was a bit frustrated by this, but tried not to show it...though masking her emotions had never been something she'd been very good at.

She sat down across from him, not saying anything. Several minutes passed and she even surprised herself in the way she had managed to keep from talking. She took a sip of her coffee, occassionally glancing at Christian to gauge his reaction. She folded her arms, and while she was able to maintain the silence, she still couldn't manage to sit perfectly still...she let one leg swing back and forth in time to a song that was playing in her head, her choppy short locks swinging lightly as her head bobbed to the same little beat. She caught Christian's eye once again and she raised an eye brow, giving him a small little half smile as if to say "See?! I can be just as silent as you!" She figured he would probably appreciate her efforts not to disturb him any more than she already had.

Anorexic Beauty, Feather-weight Perfection...

Anorexic Beauty, Underweight Goddess

Banners Made by the Amazing KT, Awesome PJ (Hidden Away) and Wonderful Cassie (Mrs Nadir Khan)
Raoulsgal0689's Profile Send Private Message Raoulsgal0689's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hollie | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,814 | Roses: 215
Old 02-23-2010 at 05:24 PM
Raoul de Chagny
Opera Manager
House Patron
Aurèlien, WHERE?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Christian Lisle

Christian had originally come to this cafe only to get something to eat. It was a comfort to sit down and eat but annoying that he had to do it in a room full of lots of noisy people. If he didn't want to be in this situation common sense told him that he should've just ask for his food to go but no he didn't think of that, and now he wasn't alone at his table anymore. Sitting here he unknowingly invited a stranger to approach him and strike up a conversation with him. Reese wasn't a complete stranger, but still only an acquaintance. He had only met her once at another place, where she approached him like she did again now and introduced herself to him. Now she was back to talk again.

The dancer sat down across from him without saying a word. He expected her to start a conversation before sitting down in her chair, but he knew he shouldn't make such assumptions. He hardly knew her, so it wouldn't be polite to immediately brand her as an annoying chatterbox, even though first impressions of her made him think that. Several minutes passed and both of them continued to sit silently across from each other without a word. Christian grabbed a fork and began to eat his cheesecake silently, not paying much attention to his new companion. He would glance across the table occasionally to see what she was doing, as out of the corner of his eye he couldn't help but notice that the girl couldn't sit still. He didn't say anything about it or show any concern, he continued to concentrate on his food.

With the fork in his hand, he scooped a bite sized helping of cake and raised it to his lips. As he put the fork into his mouth, he glanced over once again at the girl across the table. She caught his eye while bobbing her head as if she was listening to music that only she could hear. Seeing him looking at her, she gave him a little half smile. Her smile made him look away from her again and down at the table.

"See?! I can be just as silent as you!" He couldn't help but smile a little at her, though he continued to avert his eyes. Looking anywhere else except Reese. He didn't know why this girl continued to sit with him when he clearly didn't want company, why was she still here when he didn't bother even talking to her. He had nothing to say, he was not the talkative type. He wasn't interested in asking her about her day or other trivial things people talked about in normal conversation. This just made him feel awkward when all he wanted was to eat at the cafe in peace. He was never going to sit down here again.

Once he had finished his food, Christian quickly sculled the remainder of his coffee, the hot drink burning his tongue as he drank it too fast. But he didn't care about that, he just wanted to get out of this crowded cafe. Finishing his coffee, he placed the empty cup on the table and stood up from his chair. "Excuse me." He said quietly and politely to Reese as he left the table and headed for the exit.

Christian Lisle :: Aurélien Renard :: Emile Ashleigh :: Elesa Robinson (coming soon)
<b><i>Raoul de Chagny</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote