The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Above Trap-Doors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 01-02-2010 at 03:44 AM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
La Café de Roses [10]  Post [1] »

l a . c a f é . d e . r o s e s
Built next to the Opera Populaire is a small but cozy little café set up for the Opera House's occupants. The La Café de Roses is a little red and white rounded building. Out the front is a little patio with tables and chairs set for two to eat alfresco. While inside the café is buzzing with excitement. Always crowded, day or night. The staff are constantly busy serving their customers fresh coffee and snacks at many rounded tables. Some set for 4, others set for 2. Larger crowds have to book in advance. A long counter takes up one wall to the left of the room as you walk in. Here you can gaze through the display windows and choose any mouthwatering delights that are on offer, or order something else. La Café de Roses is here to serve you, the entertaining population of Paris.

• No spamming and follow proper RPG rules.
  • For the time being you may be in more than one thread at a time.
  • When this thread reaches 200 a moderator will start the new thread.
  • Have fun and enjoy!

Last Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside your mind15 View Post
Arielle Montgomery

Yes, Arielle was being her usual, off the wall, random self when she sat next to Grafton, but it was also a childish excuse to sit near him. She couldn't help it, she wanted to be near him. Yes, she tried to keep reminding herself to take the relationship slow, but then she'd do dumb things like this. Though Grafton smiled, he seemed to be okay with it. She tried her hardest to not kid around as much, but he seemed to like it. So she was content with being herself, completely and wholly Arielle.

She told him that she wasn't very interesting, well it was true, in her opinion. How interesting could a small town girl from the outskirts of Miami be? "OH really?" He said, and she raised a questioning eyebrow. He pulled her close, and her smile faded, her eyes a bit more serious, loosing their usual teasing look. He was adamant about this wasn't he? "If I'm not mistaken, there's a lot to you that you probably don't even consider...like your past...there has to be moments that you remembered and loved...your brother. He seemed like a really good man." He said, looking into her eyes, she looked back, transfixed almost, her smile came back slightly, but it wasn't teasing, it was a genuine smile, "Your smart, that's for sure. You're soon going to be Dr. Montgomery...your sweet and...You are a whole lot more...and if that's nothing to you, that's quite a bit to me." He said, and he leaned in and kissed the side of her head tenderly. She closed her eyes," That's... that's the most amazing thing anyone's ever said to me," She said truthfully. She knew she sounded sappy, but she didn't care." You know, I've always cared for everyone else... when my mom was sick with cancer, when my brother needed his laundry done," She said, laughing, noticing her cheeks were wet, she touched her cheeks lightly, looking down at her tear stained fingers, then back at Grafton," But I've never been cared for... really cared for..." She stopped, looking at him, hoping for something, anything." Before you came along." She said, looking down.

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-02-2010 at 10:15 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Grafton Russio

Grafton was a hard guy to reach…he thought it would take a steady soul to get to him…well it did, but he didn’t think that a steady minded, stubborn, and yet so sweet woman would reach his heart. He had some how come to care for her so much. And this was just the first few weeks…soon to be two months. He was pretty much shocked that he kissed her back in the tech booth…pretty daring and very unromantic…pretty much a mess up on his behalf and yet she didn’t get mad. She didn’t get frustrated that he ruined it, she didn’t even say how dorky it was that he kissed her in a tech booth…of all the places in the world..why there? Yet she was here, smiling, and just with him and he was so glad that she didn’t really care.

Holding her next to him excited him and watching her smile, watching it fade a bit, and then seeing it come back twice as bright…that was something special. Her smile was so true and honest…it touched his heart as he kissed the side of her head gently. He looked at her, eyes closed, "That's...that's the most amazing thing anyone's ever said to me," Grafton was rather surprised that she thought that. He thought the smart part of him only existed on paper…for once his words was good back to him. That’s pretty interesting, "You know, I've always cared for everyone else... when my mom was sick with cancer, when my brother needed his laundry done," she laughed to herself, but Grafton felt a pluck in his chest when he saw her tears. Touching her face, she seemed to laugh at them. Her fingers were small with small droplets of tears against them. She studied them and then looked back at him, "But I've never been cared for... really cared for..." it just felt like swallowing a feather and gravel…it felt funny and it half of the time hurt, "Before you came along." He said looking down.

He just sighed sadly a bit. Her worded struck a chord in his heart, "Well I’m glad I’m here for you…" he smiled, but saw that it didn’t exactly make her smile. Pulling her a bit closer he looked up and around. He personally felt that a personal display of affection in public was awkward at times and Grafton knew that it made some people uncomfortable…well it made him uncomfortable, but his feelings for Arielle went against that, "I don’t like seeing you sad, Arielle." He said as his chin rested against her head…He closed his eyes, "Hey...Shhh, it’s okay." he re assured her the best he could.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 01-05-2010 at 04:08 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Arielle Montgomery

He did care for her, he was her only comfort right now. With her brother in Iraq and her mother in the United States, he was her care, her comfort, her love? Could she say that? She didn't know, at least not yet. Her heart told her yes, her mind told her no, not yet, it'll scare him away.
She needed him in her life, there was no doubt. Before him, she pretended to be a confident nurse practictioner by day, but she'd cry herself to sleep by night. She'd be haunted by dreams of her father;s abuse sometimes, and then sometimes she'd just read herself to sleep. Now, she went running again, something she loved so much. She didn't cry herself to sleep anymore, she almost skipped through the halls in the mornings and everyone knew why. Grafton Russio had changed Arielle Montgomery that much, and to him she'd be forever greatful.

"Well I’m glad I’m here for you…"He said, and she her lips formed a smile, More than you know Her eyes seemed to say, but her mouth formed no words. He'd know in time, but right now it didn't seem right to ramble about it.
"I don’t like seeing you sad, Arielle." He said, pulling her close to him, and she curled up next to his chest, his chin set on her head gently."Hey...Shhh, it’s okay." He said, and she smiled," Yeah... it is now..." She said, leaning against him, sighing a ragged breath into his shoulder.

" You big softy," She teased, pulling away from his shoulder, looking into his eyes," What would your buddies from high school say?" She said, shaking her head," Sad thing is, I like this too much," She said," So just stay this way okay?" She said.
She looked at her watch, and frowned." Ugh, I have to work an evening shift," She said with a huff," That's not cool," She stated, crossing her arms." Will you forgive me if I leave and go get ready for work?" She asked, her eyes innocent.

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-07-2010 at 03:01 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

OOC: Poor grafton muse is tied...so sorry for the suckish post and also I figured since they went to the ball (still there...??) I would fit in him asking her to the ball :)

Grafton Russio

Grafton gazed at the other side of the booth and then down to her. She leaned against him and he heard her sigh, "Yeah... it is now..." He smiled to her head voice. "You big softy," she teased. He just held an internal laugh. She looked at him as she lifted her head up. He couldn’t remember at any time in his life when eyes were so glowing…so bright, "What would your buddies from high school say?"

Grafton smiled at the thought. Well they probably would joke around and be friends and laugh at him…because that’s what friends do. He just shrugged. "Sad thing is, I like this too much. So just stay this way okay?" she begged and he teasingly crossed his heart.

She looked at her watch, "Ugh, I have to work an evening shift," she frowned, "That's not cool," He just laughed at her sigh, work was work though, "Will you forgive me if I leave and go get ready for work?" He pretended to think long and hard about her question, "I’m not sure…that depends. Would you go to the Christmas Ball with me then?" he asked with a confidence that she would say yes, but then again work could have caught her in a tangle and he would just probably stay home that day if so.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: Hollie | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,814 | Roses: 215
Old 01-09-2010 at 06:35 PM
Raoul de Chagny
Opera Manager
House Patron
Aurèlien, WHERE?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoulsgal0689 View Post
Reese Cordova

Just what an already overly-energetic little pixie (with an eating disorder!) needed...a caffine rush. Note the sarcasm. Still, if there was anything Reese had not stricken from her major crash diet it was coffee. She was crazy for the stuff and that would definately explain what she was doing there in front in the Cafe first chance she had gotten. It was a day off for the ballerinas as well and sadly Kip couldn't make it to the Opera House for the day so spending time with him was out of the question...so she'd decided to spend sometime with Starbuck's instead...or whatever kind of coffee they sold here in the cafe! Honestly, as she took her steaming cup of latte it didn't particuarly matter. She took a sip, feeling it already begin to warm her chilled body. The perfect fall day companion.

Now the fact that it was a fairly big day off with many of the Opera departments cancelling rehearsals, the cafe was rather crowded. She smiled brightly when she noticed a large group of her friends (fellow ballerinas) waving her over to join them at their table. She waved back animatedly, hurrying in the direction of the table as she was definately not one to just sit alone. She was far too social a person for that! Her long black duster sweater flowed behind her as she moved, her blue eyes alight as she was talking to her friends even before she had arrived at the table, adding to the already noisy atmosphere of the cafe around her.

As she was heading towards the table, she suddenly stopped, noticing one table where there was only one solitary occupant...butterflies seemed to flutter around in her stomach when she recognized who it was. She felt a bit frustrated with herself for feeling so nervous around him when she really hadn't been nervous about anything in her whole life, much less a guy! She refused to let her nervousness get the best of her and mentally made her mind to go and sit with him. After all, he was completely alone! Surely he must be lonely! She waved to her friends and turned, heading in the direction of Christian's table now.

He was just as attractive, if not more, than she remembered. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach going crazy now as she finally reached his table. She briefly wondered why the other chair that should have gone with the table had been moved to the side, but figured the other table had borrowed it. She moved the chair back into place, standing just behind it as she swayed back and forth on her feet, unable to stand perfectly still. "You know, eating all alone could be considered antisocial behavior..." she mused teasingly as she laughed and smiled. "Think you could use some company?" she asked, biting her lip, hoping he would remember her as well as she remembered him.
Christian Lisle

The cafe was noisier than usual today. As almost all of the occupants of the Opera House had the day off today. So naturally they all come here to socialize with each other. It just seemed like an excuse for mindless chatter he thought to himself. He didn't want to spend his day off talking to people that he had already seen during working hours. He didn't care what they did outside of work, and it wasn't any of their business what he did. Just as long as he was left in peace, Christian was content with being anti-social.

His hot cup of coffee and cheesecake that he had ordered was brought over to him by a tired looking but still smiling waitress, who seemed to be anxious for her shift to be over. Christian sympathised with her, knowing how she must feel with the busier than usual cafe. He did nothing else, not talking to the waitress or anyone else in the cafe. He just sat there quietly and happily on his own at the table with only a chair for one, drinking his coffee.

There were familiar voices chatting to each other at the cafe, but he ignored all of them. Deep in his own little world and drowning out the voices around him, Christian didn't notice someone he knew approach his table. They obviously didn't see that he wanted to be alone, that's why the only chair at the table was the one he was sitting in. He looked up from the table to see the dancer he had met one day on the stage had approached him. She had also returned the second chair that he had moved away from the table back to its rightful place, and there was nothing he could do about it without sounding incredibly rude.

Reese didn't sit in the chair, choosing to stand behind it as if she was waiting for him to give her permission to join him. "You know, eating all alone could be considered antisocial behavior..." she mused teasingly as she laughed and smiled at him. That was the point. He thought to himself, his green eyes staring at the dancer as he continued to sit in silence.

"Think you could use some company?" she asked. Preferably not, but he didn't want to be rude, so he shrugged his shoulders in defeat and waved a hand at the empty chair across from him. Seeing Reese smile at him made him feel happier, even though he originally just wanted to be on his own. He was willing to accommodate her at his table.

Christian Lisle :: Aurélien Renard :: Emile Ashleigh :: Elesa Robinson (coming soon)
<b><i>Raoul de Chagny</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 01-17-2010 at 10:48 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Arielle Montgomery

She hated leaving him, she hated good-byes in general, and it was so hard, and she liked him too much for it to be easy to leave. She mentally cursed the evening shift and the doctor who couldn't come in that day. She might have been selfish but she didn't care.
She asked if he'd forgive her for leaving and he pretended to think about it. She gave him a look, but she smiled with it so that he knew she wasn't really mad at him, "I’m not sure…that depends. Would you go to the Christmas Ball with me then?" He asked, and her eyes lit up," Oh really? Of course I'll go with you! It means I don't have to suffer the night alone!" She said, hugging him," And we'll have so much fun, I promise," She said," I'm always the life of the party," She said with a wink and a smile." So yes, I would love to go with you," She said, grabbing her coat, and hugging him," I'll call you," She promised, and just like that, she was out the door in a hurry, already throwing her lab coat on.

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2010 at 01:25 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Grafton Russio

He had figured out that Arielle didn’t like saying good-bye. It was something that Grafton never really took to mind before. Saying good-bye…he always at least assumed that he would seem them again soon. Perhaps it was Grafton just taking things for granted, because right now he didn’t want her to go.

Grafton as a teenager usually forgot to say by to his friends…it usually just we off as, yea man. Or something that they would say then. Not that it was ancient…just twenty years ago if his math was correct. Things were just different from them. "Oh really? Of course I'll go with you! It means I don't have to suffer the night alone!" and neither would he. He never really realized how boring things got when he was alone. It was close to sad. Yet he was used to it. It was just how he handled things. Very quiet to himself even. She would fuse or laugh at him for being so quiet and silent. He was glad that she said yes immediately. He didn’t really know how awkward it would be if he waited for her answer…he would twiddle his fingers nervously or something and it would be something she could notice and giggle at. She hugged him and he smiled, "And we'll have so much fun, I promise," since Grafton never really had been on a date he was sure he would enjoy being with her regardless, "I'm always the life of the party," she said with a wink and Grafton smiled at her, "So yes, I would love to go with you," he felt a rush of excitement in his system…sort of like when he was driving for the first time…yea something like that.

"I'll call you," she reassured as she left him with a finally hug. He didn’t want to let go…he had to force himself to let go in fact. She quickly ran out the door trying to fight with her lab coat as she walked through the door. He sighed and a bus boy took up her plate and cup. He sighed to himself seeing that the table was empty…How lonely… he sighed again. He finished his coffee and just gazed at the odd shaped the residue left at the bottom. He smiled as it seemed for form letters it was close to G or A and R…yea he was dorky enough to note that their names had the same second letter…he just knew that by spelling quickly in his mind…not because he noted that a while back…That’s his story…he was sticking to it.

He slouched back into the booth and just looked out the window. She had driven off and he was pretty reluctant to walk outside since the snow seemed to be a bit…well, slushy. He didn’t want to fall or anything walking back. He just noted to himself to be cautious…Date…a date…oh…he sighed in nerves. Pretty messed up right now in the mind…just jittery. How did he really feel? He was excited, don’t get him wrong, but…there was something about her that made him ask her so suddenly. He remembered Christmas ball just in the few moments she was leaving…he was glad he did though.

OOC: SCENE :) BIC:

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,298 | Roses: 0
Old 01-26-2010 at 02:50 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

OOC: For Calvin and Vaylin BIC:

Calvin Booth

Calvin stared at the note in his hands. He'd read it a thousand times and still he had to read it again to make himself believe it. He held the engagement ring he'd given to her all those months ago. He turned it over in his fingers, watching as the light reflected agaisnt the tasteful diamond that had reminded him so much of her when he'd bought it. He took a sip of wine and grimace. It was bitter, but he supposed it wasn't the flavor of the wine that was leaving such a bad taste in his mouth or a whole in his heart. Calvin had always prided himself in being strong enough to handle anything. He used to be a sniper... he'd always figured out what to do when there seemed like no way out of things.. he knew how to handle situations when everyone else was panicking but this was different... he didn't know how to handle this... he didn't even know where to begin. He folded the note back up and loooked at his name scrawled across the front in her hand writing... it had been a very long time since she'd she taken a moment to write him a note and she'd put a lot of thought into the three page letter that he now held his hand. He was tempted to tear it up... but one thought kept him from doing so... the one thing that he knew would change the rest of his life.

Taressa had left him. He still quiet undestand why. It said something about feelign to tied down and how he was holding her back from doing what she really wanted to do. She'd never wanted to be a mother, at least that was what she'd said in the note. She coudln't work now that Olivia was almost three months old and hie chewed his bottom lip. She hadn't taken his kids. He coudl be thankful for that. He'd come home to find Olivia sleeping in her room and Parker curled up on the couch watching a video. He looked upset but said nothing when Calvin asked where his mother was. When he went upstairs he found the ntoe and the ring on his pillow. He looked in the closet and found that her clothes were gone... no trace of her ever being there was left.. the jewlery, the makeup... everything... even a few pictures, one of Parker and a family portrait.. he noted that he he'd been cut out of it when he found part of the picture on the table. He didn't knwo what had drove her to do it.. he'd thought that things were going well... he'd thought that life couldn't get better... he coudln't understand where he'd gone wrong... where he'd messed up... he wished he could call and ask her and he'd tried... it had gone right into voicemail and she'd even gone as far to say on her voicemail that she would be changing numbers... and soon this particular number would no longer be a way to reach her.

He slammed his glass down a little to hard on the counter and earned himself a few stares from the patrons that were sitting around him, enoying their dinner. It felt like hours since he'd found the note when really it had only beena half an hour. He wasn't sure who to call. Rebecca had been MIA for a good while.. it seemed that she was on tour for her book... at least that was what the chief had told him. He buried his face in his hands and massaged his temples, sighing. Cara was watching Parker and Olivia right now.. he hadn't had the heart to sit Parker down and tell him that hsi mother was gone... that she'd left... how could he ever break it to Parker? She'd begged him to make it easy on their kids.. as Livvy grew up and asked about her mother try to tell her the good things... the things that she could be proud of... at the moemnt Calvin couldn't find anything that would make any daughter proud to have Taressa as a mother. What was more he barely knew how to be a father let alone a mother AND a father... he wished that he could cry like he'd seen Parker doing when he'd left... his son knew that something was wrong.. he knew that his mother had left and that she hadn't wanted to take him with her.. he hadn't even explained it to Cara... she'd simply assumed he had a call to answer... good.. let her think that... because he wasn't ready to go home yet... and it was nice to know that his kids were in the hands of someone he knew wouldn't abandom them.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lia | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 703 | Roses: 74
Old 01-28-2010 at 12:31 AM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Vaylin Klythe

It was rather nice actually, Vaylin thought as she strolled down the street, heading for the Cafe just next door to the Opera House, to just go somewhere by yourself. After depositing her bags and cello case up at her dorm, saying a few greetings along to the way to people she had met before, she decided that a coffee might be in order. She didn't have anyone to keep her company tonight, but that was okay to her... a little alone time never hurt, she had always told herself that before, and she wasn't about to change her opinion now. The sun was sitting quite low on the horizon, filling the sky with gorgeous streaks of orange and pink. She smiled contently as she paused at the door to the Cafe, before making her way inside. She quickly skipped past the last table, and giggled.

Breathing in deeply (she loved the smell of the Cafe) she glanced around the room. Most people were sitting there already, a couple of familiar faces from around the Opera could be seen having dinner with their friends or partners. She made her way over to the counter, ducking under a waiter, and skirting around a few tables. While the Cafe wasn't big at all, it was quite cosy, which made up for the lack of room sometimes when it was bustling and full of customers. Suddenly she stopped, a large grin spreading across her face. Sitting at the bar, his hand clasped around a glass, was Calvin Booth. Vaylin couldn't contain her delight. It had been such a long time ago since their last little outing trip to the fountain (she giggled as she remembered that) and since then, she had been horribly busy.

"Calvin!" She said happily, not caring that she got a few stares from customers in the mostly quiet room. She launched herself at him and gave him a big hug, the giant grin stretching across her face. She tightened her grip, and sighed. "I haven't seen you in forever!" She held on just for a little while longer, just glad that she saw him again. She pulled back and plonked herself down on the seat beside him, still grinning in a rather goofy way. Then she realised that despite her greeting and hug, Calvin had not responded to either. The smile quickly slid off her face. Wasn't he happy to see her? She knew she could be very annoying sometimes, what being extremely giggly and loud, and highly curious too... but this was Calvin, who was like family to her. If he didn't want to see her... then Vaylin didn't know what to do. She looked at his face, his expression filled with a mix between despair and something that could've been anger. Her giddiness was immediately replaced by guilt.

She quickly placed her hand on his arm gently, and nudged him a little. "Hey..." she paused, glancing down at his other hand which seemed to be clenched tightly around something. She hesitated, before continuing to plow on. She didn't like seeing Calvin like this at all, it was so different from the man she knew. "Are you okay?" she winced slightly as soon as she said that. You idiot, she scolded at herself, of course he's not okay! "I.. erm... I can leave if you want..." she suggested quietly, gazing at Calvin's face.

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

~Shameless Self Advertising~

~Banners by the wonderful Kearyn, Rose and me. XD~
tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,298 | Roses: 0
Old 01-28-2010 at 01:21 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin couldn't think. He could never recalls feeling this lost and broken. Not even when she'd refused to marry him back in college. Perhaps he should have taken a hint then and let her go. He shouldn't have gone looking for her simply to see his son, if anything he should have fought for custody of Parker with everything he had and hoped for the best. Instead he'd tried for the second time to make it work. He'd thought that they could do it now that they were older and more experienced. Now that they both knew what it was truly like to support themselves why not? Calvin had been wrong. There would be no third chance for her. If she came back he would simply tell her sorry, keep custody of Livvy and Parker and that would be that. If she'd left them once already what would stop her from doing it again? Perhaps that was what hurt him the most. She hadn't only walked out on him, if that had been the case it might be easier for him to get over. But no, she'd walked out on all of them... him Parker and Olivia. His daughter wouldn't rmember her mother but Parker would... he was certain that for the next few days he would be asking where his mother was and Calvin wouldn't know how to answer... because he didn't know himself.

A woman behind the counter brought him some food. He didn't even remember ordering it and then she told him it was one of the things he always got when he came here. He looked down to see a steak with potatos and asparagus on the side covered in a cheese sauce that he was certain he must like. He couldn't remember now though. He couldn't even remember how much it cost. He cut a piece of steak and brought it to his mouth. Chewing it slowly he coudlnt' even taste it and when he swallowed he thought for certain he was going to choke on the tastless substance. For some reason he knew that he needed to eat and he swallowed half of his steak and most of asparagus before he asked the waitress to take ita way and bring him a glass of wine. He sipped the wine slowly, hoping that it would calm him somehow. He almost wished he could drink himelf into a oblivion but he knew he coudln't do that because he had to go home and take care of Parker and Olivia. He didn't know what he was going to do tomorrow or the next day. He couldn't think that far ahead.. he just had to take things a day at a time and hope that things would start to work themselves out... at some point he would have to figure out exactly what he was going to do and who was going to go to for help with his children.

The bell above the door clinked gently causing him to pull himself from his thoughts. He didn't look who had walked in because it really ddin't matter. That stranger would go on with their life obvlivious to his suffering and despair. "Calvin!" He heard a familiar voice call his name and he loked up automatically in time for someone to throw their arms around his neck. He was to surprised to react. Before he could process the fact that he should probably hug her back she let go of him and he looked into the smiling face of Vaylin... a friend he hadn't seen in a long time. "I haven't seen you in forever!" she voiced his thoughts almost exactly and Calvin tried to give her a weary smile but it only came out as a griamce. The grin slowly faded from her face and he felt bad for being the reason... he just couldn't find it in himself to be overjoyed to see her like she was to see him. It seemed like nothing mattered except what had happened. She had taken the liberty of taking a seat next to him and a waitress approched and set a glass of water down by her and left... Calvin was certain she would come back later and he made a note to tell that woman that dinner was on him... that Vaylin was allowed to pay a cent... he could do something for her since she would undoubtably turn into his sound board for the evening.

She seemed oblivious to the glass of water that had been set in front of her. She rested a hand on his arm and he rested his hand on top of hers. Calvin felt like he was drowning and the only thing that kept him from suffocating in his own grief and pain was her hand that was resting on his arm. "Hey..." she prodded him for a response and he only glanced at her with dark brown eyes. Could she see how lost he felt? "Are you okay?" she asked and then she winced as if she were in pain. Had she realized the stupidity of her questino? That the answer to what she asked was written all over his face? He wished that he could be happy to see her, that he ddint' ruin her perfect evening with his problems but he knew that there was nothing he could do about it now. He'd been wondering who he shoudl call, perhaps Vaylin's sudden appearance was a blessing in disguise. "I.. erm... I can leave if you want..." she suggested. Calvin had looked away from her and then he glanced at her again. She wanted to leave to... he couldn't keep the hurt expression off his face at that suggestion... Taressa had left... maybe it wasn't a surprise why... if he was driving Vaylin away too.. something was wrong with him.. he cursed under his breatha nd took a sip of wine.

Then he finally responded to her. He started to shake his head. He didn't want her to leave. He wanted her to stay with him. To listen to him or at least provide him wtih some kind of comfort. He dropped his hand away from hers and sighed. "Read it..." he murmered soflty as he handed her the letter. In essence all it said was that she was leaving, that they'd jsut grown apart.. that they couldn't survive in a marriage together. It was impossible. They'd never been meant for each other. They were holding one another back. She had gone to join a firm where she could partner in a few short years. It had always been her dream to make partner. Calvin wanted to tear it up but he hadn't... for some reason he couldn't it in him to do so. He waited for her to finish and then slid the engagement ring over to her. "She left not just me but our kids too... Parker six and Olivia only two months old... what kind of person does that Vaylin?" he asked, the very qestion he'd been asking himself for the past half an hour. What kind fo person left their family? What kind fo eprson was he to fall for someone like that. "What do I do now?" he asked softly, strongly doubting that she would know the answer when he ddin't even know it himself.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote