The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,762 | Roses: 50
Old 05-14-2018 at 02:29 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [131] »

Evea Perry

Nothing lasted forever, seas dried up, trees died but there was always one thing you could count on, things changed, things ALWAYS changed. Like happiness so beautiful and reflective, there one minute but so easily shattered the next like a mirror, leaving only a million shards cutting deep all an echo of its former self. Reminding of something fragile, so easily broken.

Who would have thought that one Evea Perry would ever be like that mirror? Her shards having been scattered so long ago each cutting deep, even after trying to pick up all the pieces but who really knew just how many fragments there were? Leaving you blinded to the ones you missed, waiting, waiting to steeped on and draw blood though... not always your own.

Still, her happiness had lasted for seven months the joy of which so easily seen by the plastered look so deeply etched on her face laughter filling her every pore though none more so then when she spent time with the man she loved, and his children. A little family...she secretly starting daring think it might just someday become her own the sketches in her book giving clue more than words almost unlocking a door to Evea Perry herself along with Staysha, Anastasiya and... Phoenix AKA Nix the girl that had risen from the ashes thanks to a certain someone whose likeness she STILL couldn't seem to perfect an everlasting shadow like the one that Calvin tried to hide when she had asked for the book back.

It had lasted for a week though she said nothing knowing that he'd tell her in his own time and ONLY if needed instead wanting nothing more then to ENJOY their alone time together, a seemingly rare thing that each took advantage off both at the table and LONG into the night whispered words of: I love you something cherished to fall asleep by.

However, with days break dreams died and it was that morning as she decided to make coffee and search for Calvin's favorite cup that her eyes happened to land upon the one thing that not only ripped at her dreams but her heart.

At first, she couldn't believe her eyes even though the name upon the fallen file was like a beacon, calling even as her hand reached out the colored photo acting almost like an electric jolt to then be joined by acid as blue eyes took everything in.

A joke, it had to be a joke but as she turned, words breaking through her haze hesitant, almost whispered:

“I… I was going to tell you last night… I recognized him… in your sketchbook and… I didn’t know… I was going to tell you…”

She knew it not to be.

"Y..you?" the word broken, whispered, unknown if spoken or not leaving lips but also soul. "Y..you killed him?"

An answer now only needing to be confirmed even as her face paled eyes open and yet unseeing somehow almost seeming blind..though so easily explained if one knew the feeling of total shut down, body shivering though not per say cold.

So many things ran through her head but to none did she wish to remember the shot, the blood...the aftermath one simple question falling from her lips each and every time.

"Why?" Though looking at him, the man she loved his eyes. The eyes that had haunted for a lifetime now coursing bile to rise in her throat.

"Y..you said....said y..you knew. H..how long have you known?"

Again a simple enough question...once forced from the lips though, she couldn't help fearing THAT answer to.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,303 | Roses: 0
Old 05-14-2018 at 10:25 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [132] »

Calvin Booth

He wasn’t sure what he had expected from Evea when she realized why he had been so shocked by a particular drawing in her sketchbook. He knew that she had sensed some thing was off but she had not pressed him and for that he was grateful. He’d needed time to sit with the reality of things. He had been a sniper for almost six years and in that time he had sat with the file in front of him, pictures of the man that he had shot, one of many in his mind. There hadn’t been any thing significant about the encounter. Calvin had shot the man at the right moment, shot the girl (who he now knew to be Evea) because he knew her screaming would draw the attention of locals. He would have done it with anyone else, the fact that he’d killed Nisha was nothing personal against Evea, but clearly she saw it differently. He could see it in her face, the pallor of her skin and way her mouth worked but no sound came out. He had seen that same looks in the faces of those whose loved ones had been murdered. It was shock, an inability to deal with the reality of what they had been told. He had a feeling this wasn’t going to be a straight forward conversation, that he would need to tread carefully. He couldn’t fight the longing to put his “cop hat” on, separating his emotions from the situation and clearly stating the facts of the situation, while offering an appropriate level of remorse and condolences.

"Y..you… Y..you killed him?" She asked him and he could see the way she was beginning to close in on herself. He wished he could take her and shake her out of it. This was not the time to close up and hide, they needed to talk about this. If she was not willing to communicate with him this wasn’t going to work and their relationship would not survive tis obstacle that had fallen in their way. He knew that this conversation wouldn’t be easy no matter when it came to light, but he had imagined he would have more control of the situation, he would be able to admit to her and he had hoped that would be a little easier for her to handle. “Yes. I killed him.” He stated flatly, letting a gentle apology seep into his words. He wanted her to know he was sorry, wanted her to know that he did not take pleasure in it. He had never taken pleasure in killing the people he had been hired to killed, he did it because he believed that it had been the right thing to do, a solemn loyalty to a duty that went beyond himself. Now was not the time ot bring such things up, now he just needed to comfort her; to let her know that nothing had changed.

"Why?" she might his eyes and he could see in her face that the last thing she wanted ot do was look at him. He reached out for her but she took a step back from him. He wasn’t sure if it was voluntarily but clearly, she couldn’t stand the sight of him. “It was my job Evea… I received information that Nisha was a threat to national security… I had to do it… I had no choice…” he told her, his jaw hardening slightly, knowing that his explanation would not be enough for her but it was all he had to give. "Y..you said....said y..you knew. H..how long have you known?" Clearly she was not hearing his responses and he let out a breath as he bent down and began to gather the pictures, the documents, including the email he had received detailing the job and the day he would fly out. He chewed on the inside of his cheek thoughtfully; knowing that he could not avoid answer and he had determined that whenever this came forward he would be completely honest with her. He gathered up the rest of the pictures and documents and closed the folder, setting it on the table and finally looking up at her.

“I recognized him in your sketchbook. Three days ago I finally found the file and I realized… why he looked so familiar…” the words were almost painful as he said them but he knew they needed to be said. He tried once more to reach out to her, this time managing to catch her hand. He could not tell what she was going to do at this point but he desperately wanted to talk about this, to talk this out. “Evea… I was going to tell you last night… its why the folder was here… but I didn’t want to ruin our first evening alone…” he knew his words sounded hollow and that he couldn’t beg her to stay but he had to try. “Yes I killed him. It was my job. I had no choice. Am I sorry that I happened…” he paused, trying to pick his words carefully. “I’m sorry that it hurt you… that you lost someone you loved… but it was my job… I’m not sorry that I did my job.” He knew she likely wouldn’t see a difference but he wanted her to know that although he had been assigned to the job, he was sorry, if only for hurting her the way it had.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2018 at 04:39 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [133] »

Evea Perry

The memory of Nisha's face had been burned into her mind along with the eyes of the killer, the killer she now knew to be Calvin, the man she loved but at that moment couldn't truly bring herself to look at, for when she did, met his eyes (the only thing of the killer she had seen all those years ago) it was like she went back there, her fingertips even reaching up to brush against the scare he had left on her...or the outter one at least for NIsha's death had left many.

The world around her seemed to close in within those moments, tightness in her chest making it feel like she couldn't breathe, almost feeling like she was on the edge of a cliff her footing lost just about to slip, fall to her boom, worse than falling...so much worse.

He had killed the man she loved, shot him, she knew he had all but said so the question falling from her lips, however, needing confirmation.

“Yes. I killed him.”

The shards ripped deeper within that moment, it was like he held a knife already plunged into her heart but wanting it to go deeper each time letting those voices from long ago take a deeper and deeper root inside her mind making her feel like she was losing control through one more question managed to escape. Why?

Yes, she knew him to be a sniper, a killer, they had already talked about that, her feelings toward the matter. That she could never be okay with it just understanding, know that sadly it was a job that had to be done...for what ever reason. So what was the reason for Nisha's death...murder? It was a question she had asked herself so many times before and now...now it was finally time to learn the answer.

“It was my job Evea…" he started somehow coursing her head to shake and take a step back out of his reach. It was NOT what she meant and he knew it. She knew Nisha as deeply as her own heart, they had shared everything... "I received information that Nisha was a threat to national security… I had to do it… I had no choice…”

"A threat?" more tears fell. A threat...how could he have been a threat? She racked her brain trying to put the pieces of what seemed to be the greatest puzzle into place only to keep finding huge gasps. The answer he gave, barely an answer at all.

She watched as he started to put the pictures away, the information he had, making it feel like he was almost killing Nisha again making her want to reach out and stop him, claim the only photo's it seemed she'd ever have of him for herself as she replayed his words over and over throughout her mind, trying to make them turn into some sort of rhyme and reason. It all feeling numb, happening to someone else leaving the next question spoken though outwardly or not she could only confirm when Calvin spoke again, this time holding her hand.

“I recognized him in your sketchbook. Three days ago I finally found the file and I realized… why he looked so familiar…”

Becuase you ended his life.

“Evea… I was going to tell you last night… its why the folder was here… but I didn’t want to ruin our first evening alone…”

Her eyes came up at this, her jaw clenched. Ruin things...he had laughed with her, slept with her, made love with her all the while he had known, known and not said a word.

“Yes I killed him. It was my job. I had no choice. Am I sorry that I happened… I’m sorry that it hurt you… that you lost someone you loved… but it was my job… I’m not sorry that I did my job.”

"Your job?"

Her hand went to her shoulder again, flashes of that day taking over making her live it again and again. Her scream, the blood on her face, knowing it not her own as everything she had shattered just like Nisha's skull.

"He was my life Calvin. H...he saved me, H..he never would have hurt anyone, h...he was in intel. I...i don't understand. How could he have been a threat. HOW?"

The most words she had spoken, now falling so freely, her hands going to her head trying to stop the pain wanting both to reach out to him and run.

"I just don't understand. Please, please make me understand" A begging, the begging of what sounded like a child, lost and alone.

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,303 | Roses: 0
Old 05-16-2018 at 04:36 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [134] »

Calvin Booth

When Calvin had entered the military he had not intended to become a sniper. He had done it because he was looking for a direction in his young life and he knew that defending his country, in whatever capacity, would provide him with a purpose as he figured out exactly what he wanted from life. It wasn’t until the target practice that his superiors had realized he had an excellent eye. He was on target every single time. The director of the army rangers had approached him about three weeks into boot camp and had praised him for his abilities with a rifle. The training as an army ranger had been beyond anything he had ever imagined. At one point he had jumped out of a plane, in the middle of the wilderness and he, along with three of his fellow soldiers, were required to complete a mission in addition to surviving in the harsh woods where they had been taken. Calvin had thought, at the time, that the experience would be the most difficult things he ever endured. But the training was nothing compared to being in war, to staring down his rifle at a target he knew would die at his own hand.

He had also known that there would be consequences to the many things he did. Yet he had never imagined that he would come face to face with the loved one of a man he’d been hired to kill, to take out for the safety his country. He had done it out of a sense of duty that he knew Evea would never understand. He could see it in her face, the inability to really comprehend what hew as saying through the grief and sense of betrayal she was feeling. “Your job?” she repeated the words almost mechanically, hollowly. He recalled how he had shot her in the shoulder, enough that she would stop screaming so that he could get away without being followed. He wasn’t sure what had happened after that but he wasn’t concerned. He had caught his flight when he was supposed and returned home, only to go on his final tour to Iraq a few months later, the one that would result in him being honorably released from his responsibilities as an army ranger. That wasn’t to say he still didn’t work as a sniper for the FBI when the moment called for it, but he never went out on a military mission since.

“He was my life Calvin. H… he saved me, H… he never would have hurt anyone, h… he was in intel. I… I don’t understand. How could he have been a threat. HOW?” Calvin let out a breath. He knew that he couldn’t convince her. No matter what he said she would deny the logic behind it. He shifted from foot to foot, thinking through how best to verbalize what he needed her to understand. He had reached out and grabbed her wrist, worried that she might doing some thing rash in her obviously unhinged state. He wondered for a moment, what it would have been like if he had told her last night, over the wine and fine meal he had cooked for them. He imagined she would have been angry, like she was now. He knew that she felt blindsided. That it felt like every thing she had known about him was a lie but that wasn’t true. He wasn’t even sure how to make her see that he still loved her, that he wanted them to work through this; but he wasn’t optimistic. Not when she was backing from him, as if she was inching toward her escape. “ I just don’t understand. Please, please make me understand.” she begged and he let out a sigh, he’d tried. Didn’t she know how he’d tried? Couldn’t she see the desperation.

Carefully he sat at the table and produced a bottle bourbon, the amber liquid swishing as he set the bottle on the table. He brought out to shot glasses. He liked to think that the alcohol would help her relax somewhat. Would call her down so they could talk this through. He knew it was early in the morning but he wasn’t thinking about the time of day as much as her obviously distressed state. “Please… sit down…” he motioned toward the chair and he poured the shots, not really caring if she heeded him. “I received that file, with detail correspondence between Nisha and an international terrorist group. We had reasons to believe that he was one of many pawns… being used by this group to carry out attacks on US soil…” he could see that he wasn’t getting through to her and so he stood and looked her in the face. “I killed one… to save many Evea… that was what I did… what I’ve always had to do. I’m sorry that this particular death hurt you so profoundly… hurt you so deeply…” he paused, how much more could he say that he had not already said? “But you might have to consider that you didn’t know this man as well as you think…” he finally said, bracing himself for her next outburst. Grateful that his children were not here to see the unraveling of what he had believed to be such a successful and meaningful relationship.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018 at 04:27 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [135] »

Evea Perry

There were two sides to every coin, two sides to every story a ying within a yang and vic versa nothing ever black and white though this...this came close.

As she stood there, her world falling apart she listened to Calvin's side of things, why he had done what he'd done all those years ago though to none did it seem to make sense.

When she had first meet Calvin he had told her he was a sniper, killed people. Hated the fact that he had to do so but doing it in the name of the greater good. One family member in a fire against a group full of strangers. And though she couldn't say that she FULLY agreed she HAD told him that she understood, that he wasn't cold hearted doing only what he thought was right but... that didn't change this.

She just didn't understand, couldn't see how anyone would think that Nisha was a threat. It was the one thing she wanted to understand, wanted Calvin to explain her mind running a million miles a minute trying to take everything in and make sense of it all.

“I received that file, with detail correspondence between Nisha and an international terrorist group. We had reasons to believe that he was one of many pawns… being used by this group to carry out attacks on US soil…”

"Terrorists?" she questioned knowing just how much of a danger they could be if not stopped but also knowing that her Nisha would NEVER have been a part of them a fact that Calvin seemed to claim himself in a roundabout way.

"A pawn?" something to be sacrificed in the bigger game of chess.

“I killed one… to save many Evea… that was what I did… what I’ve always had to do. I’m sorry that this particular death hurt you so profoundly… hurt you so deeply…”

She couldn't help but shake her head, her eyes tightly shut. In her deepest heart, she knew he meant every word, hated the fact that his actions coursed her such grief, after all, he was NOT the kind of man that would take pleasure in that though his next words cut to the deep.

"You might have to consider that you didn’t know this man as well as you think…”

She looked up at this. A tiny spark of life coming back into her body through even this quickly ebbed as for a moment, just a moment she considered his words.

"Maybe, but you didn't know him at all."

It was at that moment that she found herself unable to breathe her eyes falling to the window two thoughts battling within her mind. Her eyes falling on Calvin once again her insides eating at each other it all becoming far too much and before she knew it, or how it even happened she was outside the rain she hadn't even heard coming pouring down on her.

end scene