The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom The House on the Lake The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 02-10-2006 at 12:39 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

I love love love those quotes.

I'm so mad. I can't find my e-book copy. Can someone send it to me again? ::makes puppy dog face::

You know you love me.

My favourite of the ones you posted, KT, was the Take me, teach me one, and I would find others if I had the e-book copy still. ::cough:: Yesh. That was a hint.

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 02-11-2006 at 09:10 AM
NEH
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Great quotes!!! I adore the line "it's not my birthday... and i havent been good".... as Leroux said - poor, unhappy Erik!
And i do love that Rouly-boy knew the truth this time, and took it like a man. Erik is of course so much more than a man!
NEH's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 07-03-2006 at 08:50 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
DAZLIOUS

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

GAH! I'm going through my own mini-crisis. I lent out my Phantom book to a friend of mine (though I suppose 'friend' isn't really the best term, being that I don't even know her name. I refer to her as my "Phantom Buddy", because she saw my locker at school and we just started talking one day when she was admiring it...), and now she's graduated! And I can't find her, because I don't know her name! x__x *Is dead*

Anyways...enough of my angst. This is kind of a random way to bump a thread, but do you guys remember if we had a list of the actors we wanted for an eventual Kay adaptation? I remember Johnny Depp was on the list for Persia/Paris Erik, but I can't recall any of the others. Any thoughts on this? I was pondering the possibility of Naveen Andrews from Lost as Nadir, but I'm having a tough time coming up with someone sexy and evil for the Khanum. She'd have to be amazing, though, as she's one of the most amazing characters in the book.

::Proudly shines off her "Khanum" username::

L'edit: Okay, tell me this man does not scream "NADIR!" -- Naveen 1, Naveen 2, Naveen 3.

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 07-03-2006 at 09:02 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

Yeah I totally think he fits being Nadir... Hey wait a tick... DUDE! He was the guy who played Kip in The English patient... I heart Kip because he's just wonderful and... Waiiiiit.... Yesh I thought he looked like the Sultan from Kama Sutra: tale of love

He's an exellent actor, could diffinantly be Nadir, though he's indian, not persian of origin.... but of course all the stuff about the sultan having harem girls from all over the empire, and Nadir was a prince so he could have a mother of indian origin... Is very focused on these kinds of things... I still think that Shoreh Agdalshoo (or however the hell that is spelled) should be the Khanum, she has the age I imagine the Khanum, is a great actor, beautiful and she actually is a Persian/iranian

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006 at 03:31 AM
NEH
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

WOW! This is freaky guys - because you listed the two actors who in the past year i have looked at and thought immeditely "NADIR!!!!" - no joke. I wateched EP and i thought "ooh! he could be Nadir!" i see adds for Lost and i think "Oh! he could be Nadir!" .....
Now as for Chris, i hate to ask this but my mate has my copy of the novel at present so i cant check and i certainly cant recall it ever being specified in detail.... Kay Chris has dark hair yes, but is it curly? Is she a prototype of ALW universe? I'm sure the novel says dark hair, coz she loks like his mum, right?

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 07-04-2006 at 03:54 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

Actually, ALW's version of POTO was one of the things that influenced Kay to write her own story, and so her novel "borrows" elements and details from Leroux, ALW, and many of the films that have been made. I can't remember if it was curly... I shall have to check, and get back to you on that.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 288 | Roses: 10
Old 07-04-2006 at 03:56 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

I am so glad that this thread has continued!!! I Love KAY'c version! She is an amazing writer! I have one of the new copies and it's wonderful! ::hugs Kay's new version:: KT I think I remember you saying at one point that Kay had amazing quotes through out the book, and I have to agree with you 100%!! I can't tell you how many pages I marked to try to remember some of the quotes I loved! I just got finished with the book a few weeks ago, but im already wanting to read it again!

I Love My Banner KT!
AAW0487's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006 at 04:24 AM
NEH
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Well, i still stand by the claim of any KayErik fangirl that the immortal jar comment shall always be THE QUOTE to treasure! Am i right, or am i right Khanum? *wink* Well, ok - that and (for me) the "None of can chose we we will love" line.
But i'm just so proud to have found what is essentially the greatest work of Phanfiction - no, of any fanfiction - ever to grace literature! WE LOVE YOU SUSAN KAY!

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 07-11-2006 at 02:01 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

Oh KT, I know you totally have your heart set on Johnny Depp for Erik, but I'm sad to say that on this point I do not agree with you. Johnny may have experience with the excentric characters, but I've never seen him in a movie where he had to play scary or threatening convincingly... And then there is his voice, I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't have an Erik with american accent, it would just be wrong, and Johnny is absolutely lousy at changing accents.

Personally I've gotten very hooked on the idea of Alan Rickman as Erik, for the Paris Erik. I mean, he's got the proper age, he has THE most sexy voice I've ever heard in my opinion, he's got the majestic aura, and he can play tender, excentric and threatening, and for the Persia Erik I'm throwing out the name Christian Bale, I really think he could do it...

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rae | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 142 | Roses: 10
Old 08-02-2006 at 06:48 AM
ForbiddenRomance
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Khanum
[B]This is really random, but I came across an Erik/Christine phanlisting, and one part of the site allowed for submissions for phavorite E/C moments in various versions of Phantom.
oh what is the fanlisting?? Sadly I can't find a copy of Kay's Phantom anywhere...
ForbiddenRomance's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote