The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake » The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 04-17-2005 at 12:38 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Ever wonder if it was real?  Post [1] »

Hello all. How many of you believe the story is true? I do, for one. Check out www.phantomoftheopera.info/cellars to see why.

~ Zelda de le Fantome

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 04-17-2005 at 01:33 AM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I don't wonder... I KNOW it was real. Erik is way too incredible to be from someone's imagination.

Oh, and by the way, Zelda...your link doesn't work. I tried going there, but it said it was invalid. Post back here if you find out why, because I am quite intrigued...! :)

~The_Phantom_is_Sexy

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 04-17-2005 at 03:52 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Forgive me. It's www.phantomoftheopera.info/cellar.htm. Tell me what you think.

~ Zelda de le Fantome

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 04-17-2005 at 06:33 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I believe it. I like to believe it, though Id on't like to think of ERik's unhappiness.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 04-24-2005 at 10:38 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I personally believe it is amazing how Gaston Leroux could create such a diverse character from the back of his mind, let alone bring forth the drama and misery that was portrayed in the novel. The detail and care of each of the characters is too real to think otherwise.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2005 at 04:22 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

The actual Paris Opera house is almost what you would expect to see after reading the book. Under the opera in the cellars is a lake just like the Phantom's lair; vast and unwinding in which it could hide anything and everything inbetween. I've also read speculations that Gaston Leroux based characters off real life people that he knew in life.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Shadow/Han Solo/Brittany | Gender: Chipette | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,488 | Roses: 40
Old 05-09-2005 at 04:48 AM
Forgotten Angel
Wandering Child
House Patron
[Greed] I AM the Mafia!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

It's actually a fact that he based Erik's lair off of those cellars beneath the Paris Opera. :D We were watching a video in my French class on Paris and they mentioned that. ^_^

But yes, I'd like to think it was real, or at least based on real events. :)

All [alone] he [turns] to [stone]
While [holding] his [breath] half [to] death.

[Terrified] of [what]'s [inside].
Forgotten Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2005 at 04:50 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Because of most people's over reactive imaginations its really fun and exciting to imagine something is real. I used to get excited that I could travel in time when I was smaller, of course its not real, but none the less it thrilled me to no end that I thought there might be a possibility.

Name: | Gender: | Age: 29 | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 05-15-2005 at 11:15 AM
BlondeAngel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I had 2 read another 3 books at the same time, but somehow i managed and, to no ones surprise, I fienished POTO first !! I like to belive that the whole thing is real, maybe I just wish it to much !! we shall never know if they really existed and what happend to raoul and christine afterwards, that beeing the best part of it ... we can just imagine what we want

Christine you must have been dreaming ...
stories like that can\'t come true
Christine, you\'re talking in riddles
and it\'s not like you
BlondeAngel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 05-18-2005 at 02:29 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Apparently, Christine was based on a real opera singer. Also, there was a case where a counterweight for the chandelier (not the chandelier itself) fell and killed someone in the audience. And there was a de Chagny family living in Paris at the time. Three of them were named Philippe, Raoul, and Eric! (Not Erik.)

In addition, Erik's deformity is apparently based on a real disease: Porphyria Cutanea Tarda, or PCT. It is basically extreme sensitivity to UV light. If someone who has this disease is exposed to sunlight, they can get permanent scarring, or worse, in just a few hours. If the condition progresses, the patient could get liver damage as well, and be as thin as a corpse all their lives. Perhaps as a baby, Erik received permanent damage from ambient sunlight coming through a window or something. In the old days, people with PCT often wore long, dark clothing, wide-brimmed hats, and masks to prevent further sun damage.

Other forms of porphyria can lead to craving for blood as well. Let's see... A person who can't go out in the sun and who likes to drink blood. What legend may this disease have contributed to?

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote