The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake » The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 02-21-2009 at 07:45 AM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Madrigal by Jennifer Linforth  Post [1] »

I just finished reading this novel and all I was able to do for long moments afterwards was draw deep breaths and shake my head. Then I cried. Then I re-read parts of it. Then I cried some more.
This is a novel in which Erik is truly Erik. I was extremely cautious about the Erik/OW ship but Anna is probably the only OW I could realistically see actually having a go at it with him. I love how the author tread the thin line of making Erik the lover in this story and also the madman. This was storywriting at its best with a deeply satisfying and none too sugary ending for our masked musician.
Thank you Ms. Linforth for not making Anna a Mary Sue, for keeping Erik true to character and for writing a lovely story that deserves a place on my shelf of Phantom fic. Five stars!! Brava!!!

Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-01-2009 at 11:41 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

URgh! I saw it at the library, I saw it in B&N (you see everything there!), I saw for sale on the internet, but I never bought or borrowed it. I just never have gotten to it. I've been dying to read it for sooo long. I've heard it's really good.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 04:34 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I read a review on it and it looks SO GOOD. It's definitly the next Phantom book that I'm buying. I still don't like E/OW at all but I think that I should give it a chance anyway.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:31 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

So isn't there a member around here that is the very author is this wonderful novel. I need to find it!!!!! GRR!!!

And so ummm I'm surprised she hasn't been up around here.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:50 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I know that she's writing a sequel to this book (or at least I think she is) so perhaps she's been preoccupied with that. Surprisingly, some people actually have lives.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2009 at 06:39 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Hey we do have lives!

Odd because I've messaged her once or twice and she has responded...but it did take her a long while. Sequel you say? That would be interesting!

Old 08-06-2009 at 06:41 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Suuuuuuuuure we do ;)

Yup, I think I saw something like that on her website. It looks pretty good. Of course, it would do me good to actually read the first one before I even think about reading a sequel.

Name: Marie | Gender: Female | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 09-28-2009 at 05:11 AM
MAHibbard
Wandering Child
Born in the Wrong Century

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Although I don't claim best friend status with her, I am acquainted with Jennifer Linforth, the author of Madrigal, and I'll be happy to pass along an invite to her to join this board. At the very least, I'm sure she'll be pleased to learn how much you enjoyed her book.

I too read -- and have my own copy -- of Madrigal. What I liked best is that it is Leroux's Erik she uses. Nothing against ALW's Phantom, but there are times I want to go back to the original.

And yes, she's working hard on a sequel. It is titled Abendlied and is due out sometime in October of this year.

If you'd like to know more, here's the link to Jennifer's website featuring the Madrigals:
http://www.jenniferlinforth.com/madrigals.htm

MAHibbard's Profile Send Private Message MAHibbard's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mav | Gender: Female | Posts: 66 | Roses: 10
Old 09-28-2009 at 03:10 PM
Jennifer Linforth
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Good Morning all....

I got a kick in the pants to come over here! I am pleased that you are all interested in The Madrigals!

MADRIGAL as you know is currently available. Book two in the series, ABENDLIED, is due out in October 2009. I was speaking with my editor yesterday as to the timing on line edits. My publicist is working on Madrigal related events and my production company is working on ABENDLIED's trailer now. I will be happy to share it all with you upon its release. Here is Madrigal's official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpU_H43_1PY

I am under deadline for book three now currently titled ELEGY. Beyond that... busy marketing and writing my other works of historical fiction.

Here is the back cover copy for ABENDLIED:

Desiring normalcy is difficult enough with a price on his head, but when Erik is falsely accused of killing Philippe de Chagny, brother of his nemesis Raoul, he is launched toward madness.

Anna is an unlikely companion, sharing Erik's heart and the bounty on his head. As the manhunt heats, Erik's mysterious relationship with Philippe spurs the campaign against them and exposes her darkest secret: defending her honor ended in murder.

Plagued by his past as The Phantom of the Opera, Erik’s memories enslave his heart to Raoul’s wife Christine, whose shocking confession brings a ruthless bounty hunter into the fray and blackmail to the Chagny bloodline. Blackmail from a hunter who cares little about the Phantom or Philippe and everything about the one he has lusted for: Anna.

With the past weeping like an open wound, can love endure or will it take the memories of one unlikely man to heal them all?

Memories of Philippe Georges Marie, Comte de Chagny...

The easiest ways to track me down is via authorATjenniferlinforth.com.

Cheers and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I may be a hermit under deadline, but I am a happy hermit!

Jennifer

author, historical fiction
Characters as unique as history itself
http://www.jenniferlinforth.com
Jennifer Linforth's Profile Send Private Message Jennifer Linforth's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Marie | Gender: Female | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 09-28-2009 at 05:38 PM
MAHibbard
Wandering Child
Born in the Wrong Century

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

*polishes off boots*

Yeah, that kick in the pants came from me. Mwa-ha-ha!

I absolutely LOVE the Madrigal trailer, and am eagerly awaiting Abendlied. Stop by more often and keep us posted!!

MAHibbard's Profile Send Private Message MAHibbard's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote