The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom The House on the Lake The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Emily | Gender: a lady | Age: 28 | Posts: 715 | Roses: 10
Old 10-05-2005 at 01:43 AM
Oiseau de Chanson
Wandering Child
eyes, look your last

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Khanum
Russian musician (drawing a blank on the name)...
Irving Berlin. Anyway, I just read it, and I thought it could have been a really good story if they tweaked the story. I didn't like the whole deal with her having Erik's son and how Raoul was "messed up", I just thought that was kind of in bad taste. He also made Erik sound like some evil person. And Erik in a skyscraper with a little minion dude running around? Doesn't compute. Gosh. Sheesh. Another for my list of books NOT to reread.

Oiseau de Chanson's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 10-06-2005 at 03:23 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Apparently, Andrew Lloyd Webber originally planned to make a sequel to his POTO musical. He gave a basic synopsis to Fredrick Forsythe, and Forsythe wrote the novel based on that. When the novel got terrible reactions from Phans, ALW wisely decided to abandon the idea of a sequel. I liked parts of the book (Mme. Giry finally has a first name!) but overall, I would probably not read it again.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Syio | Gender: Dragonlover | Posts: 942 | Roses: 10
Old 10-08-2005 at 06:29 PM
syioandthephantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Victory!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

::twitch:: This was terrible. I got to maybe the fourth chapter before I "accidentaly" dropped it in the lake while out on the boat...I can't believe I wasted my money on that book. Well, it's not mine anymore...dropped---erm, it fell in the lake. I hated the beginning, and I barely could bear to read while Erik ran around in a clown mask. That's just wrong. Even my mom who hates Erik said she hated the book(she read it before me, I was working up the courage to read it while she did).

If the silence takes me, then I hope it takes you too.

Cause darling,
what did you
expect? <33
syioandthephantom's Profile Send Private Message syioandthephantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 43 | Roses: 10
Old 10-11-2005 at 12:35 AM
almstfms
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

I read this last year as the book I read after Standardized Testing...and I think I would have rather read through the test booklet than read that again...simply awful!!!

Kelsey

almstfms's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 288 | Roses: 10
Old 06-30-2006 at 06:34 AM
AAW0487
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Did someone say something about Erik wearing a clown mask!???? Um...I think for once I am going to have to say NO to reading a book. This book just doesn't sounds worth buying. Especially if Christine and Erik don't love each other! What the hek! And they have a kid together? Wow....is all I can say.. No I must say that I will not be purchasing this book any time soon.

I Love My Banner KT!
AAW0487's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 1 | Roses: 10
Old 08-12-2006 at 05:36 AM
zkocourkova
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

I've read the book, and I wouldn't say it was entirely bad, just very unlikely. Eg. Erik lived in a skyscraper...

I especially disliked the Darius character.
zkocourkova's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 43 | Roses: 10
Old 08-12-2006 at 05:33 PM
AngelicRose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I haven't read this book...and I actually don't plan on it because I keep hearing how bad it is.

\"Wildly my mind beats against you...yet the soul obeys!\"

| Myspace | PhanPhic |
AngelicRose's Profile Send Private Message AngelicRose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 04-21-2007 at 03:42 PM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

I started reading it then realised I hated it. It's...confusing. And Erik is less of a genius and more of just a man.

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-20-2007 at 09:47 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

It didn't seem like Phantom of the opera to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, It was a good book, but it just didn't seem like Phantom of the opera. One thing I didn't understnad though, How did Mme. Giry die exactly?
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 05-31-2007 at 11:57 AM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Old age, I think. 'Antoinette' Giry, died of old age, right? She'd have been VERY old by then.

But it's a totally rubbish book so I can't really be bothered to think about it. The clown mask thing is just creepy.

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote