The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake » The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 11-13-2015 at 11:24 AM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [161] »

She lived with the Valerius family, who "discovered" her. I totally forgot why her father died... I think he was ill...

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Anne | Gender: Female | Posts: 66 | Roses: 10
Old 11-13-2015 at 02:26 PM
Lotte Potter
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [162] »

There's never an exact medical reason given, but we are told that he never really got over his wife's death. This along with moving away to Paris (he lived with the Velarius couple, as well) made him both homesick and unwell. It sounds like he just sort of wasted away. Christine's mother died when she was six, and her father sometime during her teen years.
Lotte Potter's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 32 | Roses: 10
Old 11-19-2015 at 05:50 PM
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks
Wandering Child
Erik's Student

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [163] »

Sometimes I wonder how Christine was good enough to get into the opera house as said in the book, and more to the point, as said by Meg, "six months ago, she sang like a crock"! Another way her voice was described was a rusty hinge. So, my question is, how did she get in if she had a voice like that?
I know that when her father died it was said that she lost her love for music, and singing.
Christine was catholic, right?

Beneath the opera house, I know he's there.
He's with me on the stage, he's everywhere.
And when my song begins, I always find, the phantom of the opera is there, inside my mind.
"Christine Daaé! Where is your red scarf?"
You couldn't have lost it. After all the trouble I caused! I was just 14 and soked to the skin!"
"Because you had run into the sea to fech my scarf! Oh Raoul, so it is you!"
Roses, the color of blood filled her lap. In her hands she held a mask. She knew that her home was the house on the lake. Her angel of music would always be there singing songs in her head.
Are you so sure that a small jar would contain me, madame?
Three long years I've nelt in silence
Held your memory near me.
Three long years of murmured sorrow
Willing you to hear me...
“Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental...”
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Anne | Gender: Female | Posts: 66 | Roses: 10
Old 11-19-2015 at 06:04 PM
Lotte Potter
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [164] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks View Post
Sometimes I wonder how Christine was good enough to get into the opera house as said in the book, and more to the point, as said by Meg, "six months ago, she sang like a crock"! Another way her voice was described was a rusty hinge. So, my question is, how did she get in if she had a voice like that?
I know that when her father died it was said that she lost her love for music, and singing.
Christine was catholic, right?
Leroux said Christine kept just enough to enter into the Conservatory. I like to think that her hope of hearing the Angel kept her going even though her love for music was lost, (the Angel would only come to those who were hard workers) because it meant having some sort of connection with her father. I think she was probably a little bit like Carlotta in the sense that she had a mechanical voice and was, of course, not as good technique-wise. I think everything in the book points to her being Catholic.
Lotte Potter's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote