The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake » The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Christine | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 32 | Roses: 10
Old 10-24-2015 at 05:37 AM
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks
Wandering Child
Erik's Student

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Christine's Music Lessons G.L Book  Post [1] »

Okay, I thought I had already posted a topic about this but I guess I didn't. But, if one should come up at some point sometime after this one is posted than I'm sorry.
I wish that the book had went into more of what Christine's music lessons were like with the phantom as well as what her early days were like at the paris opera. I know that the music lessons between Erik and Christine are just a part of the phantom's Mystory but I'm just reeeeeally obsessed with the whole thing about wanting to know what they were like.
I know that this may seem like a really random and odd topic, but....

Beneath the opera house, I know he's there.
He's with me on the stage, he's everywhere.
And when my song begins, I always find, the phantom of the opera is there, inside my mind.
"Christine Daaé! Where is your red scarf?"
You couldn't have lost it. After all the trouble I caused! I was just 14 and soked to the skin!"
"Because you had run into the sea to fech my scarf! Oh Raoul, so it is you!"
Roses, the color of blood filled her lap. In her hands she held a mask. She knew that her home was the house on the lake. Her angel of music would always be there singing songs in her head.
Are you so sure that a small jar would contain me, madame?
Three long years I've nelt in silence
Held your memory near me.
Three long years of murmured sorrow
Willing you to hear me...
“Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental...”
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2015 at 07:08 AM
Wandering Child
Erik's Student

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks View Post
Okay, I thought I had already posted a topic about this but I guess I didn't. But, if one should come up at some point sometime after this one is posted than I'm sorry.
I wish that the book had went into more of what Christine's music lessons were like with the phantom as well as what her early days were like at the paris opera. I know that the music lessons between Erik and Christine are just a part of the phantom's Mystory but I'm just reeeeeally obsessed with the whole thing about wanting to know what they were like.
I know that this may seem like a really random and odd topic, but....
So, as I'm the only one who's replying to this, I guess I still have the right to do some more ramblings...
Anyways.... Christine does tell Raoul a little about her music lessons but not much. The only things she really tells about them is that they happen in her dressing room never down below the opera house. Also, she tells that they begin at, get this, 8:00 in the morning!!!! Now, seeing as I'm NOT! at all a morning person, this wouldn't make me very happy.

And when my song begins, I always find, the phantom of the opera is there, inside my mind.
You couldn't have lost it. After all the trouble I caused! I was just 14 and soked to the skin!"
Roses, the color of blood filled her lap. In her hands she held a mask. She knew that her home was the house on the lake. Her angel of music would always be there singing songs in her head.
ChristineDaaeRosesOfMasks's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I have NO idea about anything the book says/said (I've never read it) however...

I think a good way to maybe look at it is to think about HOW we learn to sing today.

Maybe he gets her to practice her scales half a dozen times. Other warm ups like T.Twisters (a little "MY FAIR LADY" coming into play here.)

I know when I was learning they also TRIED to get me to learn to read music and learn what each note was and sounded like so maybe he does that.

Maybe teaching her how to BREATH when she sings.

I think that if you add some of the basic steeps along with the characters you'll have a way to start.

I mean....how does Christine feel about learning from a ghost? Does Erik even ENTER the room???

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 10-30-2015 at 10:56 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

The novel doesn't go into much detail about Christine's lessons with Erik, but later in the book, Christine is clearly surprised that her "Angel of Music" is actually a man whose face is covered by a mask when she first journeys beneath the Opera House. So we can infer that she never saw him for the time that he was teaching her (which I think was for a couple of years). She assumed he was the Angel for that whole time, apparently, and when she tells Raoul about her first encounter with Erik, she says she didn't believe in the stories about the Opera Ghost until then... so she didn't have any reason to think her angel and the ghost were one and the same. And the lessons being early in the morning would probably help to ensure that the other performers wouldn't hear them or interrupt.

For her early days at the Opera House, remember that she (like most who got into the opera chorus in those days) had been through the conservatory first. So she did have a fairly good education in music. But according to the ballet girls, her singing seemed to be without feeling or emotion until she amazed everyone at her debut in "Faust." So that seemed to be the major thing that Erik's lessons gave her -- the ability to feel what she was singing, and probably also to move past mourning her father at least a little bit (though she definitely still had some issues there).

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2015 at 10:40 PM
Wandering Child
Erik's Student

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch View Post
I have NO idea about anything the book says/said (I've never read it) however...

I think a good way to maybe look at it is to think about HOW we learn to sing today.

Maybe he gets her to practice her scales half a dozen times. Other warm ups like T.Twisters (a little "MY FAIR LADY" coming into play here.)

I know when I was learning they also TRIED to get me to learn to read music and learn what each note was and sounded like so maybe he does that.

Maybe teaching her how to BREATH when she sings.

I think that if you add some of the basic steeps along with the characters you'll have a way to start.
I mean....how does Christine feel about learning from a ghost? Does Erik even ENTER the room???
Those are all good points. I didn't even think of my fair lady.
At this point, she still thinks that Erik is the angel of music sent by her father.