The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom The House on the Lake The Enchanted Violin
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Mav | Gender: Female | Posts: 66 | Roses: 10
Old 09-28-2009 at 07:55 PM
Jennifer Linforth
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I nearly spewed coffee when I read your signature!! PRICELESS.. and oohhh so true.

I will be sure to stop by without fail!

author, historical fiction
Characters as unique as history itself
http://www.jenniferlinforth.com
Jennifer Linforth's Profile Send Private Message Jennifer Linforth's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Marie | Gender: Female | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 09-28-2009 at 08:17 PM
MAHibbard
Wandering Child
Born in the Wrong Century

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Ah! You're feeling the pain of deadlines? Try not to worry. Erik understands.

MAHibbard's Profile Send Private Message MAHibbard's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mav | Gender: Female | Posts: 66 | Roses: 10
Old 10-10-2009 at 02:43 AM
Jennifer Linforth
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

In honor of the launch of the new website devoted to The Madrigals, I'm hosting a contest to run from now until November 15th, 2009. Simply find the excerpts to MADRIGAL and ABENDLIED, (forthcoming 2009) on www.jenniferlinforth.com and answer these questions:

Madrigal: Who is referred to as a little minx?
Abendlied: What town is Erik in?

Email your answer through the author contact form on the website. (Please include "Web Site Contest" in your subject line.) One winner will be chosen in a random drawing from all correct answers and will win a signed copy of MADRIGAL **Shipping to US residents only. An international winner would receive a $25 Amazon gift certificate in lieu of the above prize. Not redeemable for cash**

Contest runs from October 9, 2009 through midnight (EST) November 15, 2009 Entries received before or after these dates will not be eligible.

author, historical fiction
Characters as unique as history itself
http://www.jenniferlinforth.com
Jennifer Linforth's Profile Send Private Message Jennifer Linforth's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 12-26-2009 at 02:34 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

So, I got this lovely book for Christmas and overall I'd have to say it was pretty good and better than I expected for an E/Ow novel.

Pros: I love how even though it's E/OW, it still involved Christine and Raoul in the picture. Often times in these kind of books, the two characters just evaporate only to be mentioned once or twice by Erik during the coarse of the novel. I also liked how Anna wasn't a complete Mary Sue. She was "ordinary looking and small" and definatly had a backbone. I loved most of the characters, even that horriable Richard.
On top of that, the writing was griping and beautiful. There was plenty of action and suspense and not just gushy romance spewed everywhere. It was an absolute pleasure to read. I really can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.

Cons: The only negative thing I can say about this book is the portrayal of Raoul and Christine. I didn't like how towards the end, Christine suddenly turned into a desperate *****. This could just be because I'm hard-core E/C, but it just didn't strike a good chord in me. It wasn't as apparent with Raoul, in fact I quite enjoyed the scenes with Jules, but he too seemed to become more antagonistic for drama. I can understand Raoul's behavior, but I think it was slightly OOC for Christine to act the way she did. Erik never seemed to give her any credit either. He accuses her of thinking of him just as the Angel, Phantom, or her father, but those were allusions that he created for her. He manipulated her and it is in turn his fault that she made the choices she did. She has to live with them, but I don't think that it was her fault for not choosing the mad, deformed murderer at the drop of a hat. If Erik had been honest with her from the begining, I think that would have been a different story.

All and all, I say GET THIS BOOK. It's a tremendous read and very true to Leroux. Ms. Linsforth really has made some magic hear and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote