The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom The House on the Lake The Angel of Music
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 07-18-2009 at 10:16 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Ooooo baritone Phantom. Sounds very Leroux-esque. I'll have to check that out.

It's a shame that you don't get to travel, but I think that the entire show is posted at least once on the internet somewhere. You should look around. I think if you type "poto act 1" into Google videos, you can find some entire videos of the show. At least, that's what I do.

EDIT: I just listened to Thomas Hampson, and I say BRAVO. I understand that he's an actual opera singer so it was an interesting interitation to the song. However, I thought that it was a heavy and it sounds like he wasn't used to singing English. What nationality is he? Beautiful all the same.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Anne | Gender: Female | Posts: 60 | Roses: 10
Old 07-19-2009 at 08:22 PM
EriklovesLea
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

He is an American. I still love him. Think he is great. BTW, Gerry is actually a baritone too and it lends better to the role IMHO than a tenor.
Anne

Mankind looks on the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. 1Samuel 16:7
The more I know mankind, the more I love my dogs.
Author of "The Phantom's Redemption" available now.
EriklovesLea's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 03:00 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

I just heard Tim Martin Gleason...wow!!!!! Hahah! That blew my socks off!!

And then I heard Steve Barton. I think that's ironic because when I heard the Lair scene on the soundtrack I couldn't tell the difference between his and Michael's voice...ironic because try both sounded like the Phantom--in the sense...it's just ironic! For me at least ;)

I just wish that Josh Groban would do a version...I think I would love it to death!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 03:02 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

I've recently been listnening to Peter Karrie who is FANTASTIC with his acting and his strong baritone vocals. His version is to die for.

I think that Josh Groban has performed a Music of the Night before along with other Phantom songs. There must be videos on youtube somewhere.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 03:06 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

*Will search*

Yes! I have heard his version Peter...wow Peter. haha I think I'll stick to Pete. I think that was when my auntie cried...yea I just can't understand how I could forget that. He has really good vocals, but I can't say anything about his acting...Must find it! ;)

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 08-06-2009 at 03:09 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

His acting is superb if I do say so myself. Definitly my favorite as far as acting goes with Phantoms (Gary Mauer is also amazing). It's the little gestures he does in Music of the Night that makes his performace stunning.

Old 08-06-2009 at 03:17 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

I love it when an actor takes such small detail into a scene (that's probably something that shows the actor's dedication to what they do) So I will most definitely watch it ;) Since I don't have speaker's I can't listen :(, but I know he's amazing by that already...

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 01-07-2010 at 07:18 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Well...I'm going to have to go with MC being the best. Just throwing that out there. John Owen Jones was good too, and John Cudia did alright I suppose. I pretty much every verision except for Gerry's...no offense to any GB fans, but I think he butchered that song.

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Aviana | Gender: Ange de Musique | Posts: 98 | Roses: 10
Old 01-07-2010 at 08:07 PM
Soprano Rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

My personal favorite versions of the song would have to be (in no particular order):

Michael Crawford
Mikael Samuelson
Hugh Panaro
John Owen-Jones
John Cudia
Juan Carlos Barona
Sarah Brightman
Soprano Rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2010 at 10:16 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom's_rose View Post
I pretty much every verision except for Gerry's...no offense to any GB fans, but I think he butchered that song.
Em, if this was Facebook, I'd "like" that statement a million times over.