The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Le Moulin Rouge
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 01-27-2011 at 07:18 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

Bella Grace

The sting of the cut hadn't come to pass yet, a dull ache and nothing more but yet again so had been her heart for a long time when it came to the opposite sex. Her father had never been in her life save for the year she was born and after that... 'true colours shone through' or at least that's what her mother had claimed.

Nothing was forever, Bella's father was the start then her I.Q when she had been hit in the head, jobs along with the passing of each day and now this, the man before her... he wouldn't stay.

She simply brushed his offer of help aside, gotten up and thought she had left him behind, her mistake. She could hear the footsteps in steady beat, letting out a sigh but thinking nothing else of it, for after all in this job she was used to the masses that followed her like a lost little puppy.

With a new line for a poem in mind she tended to her cut.

"Like a lost little puppy, hoping to get lucky finding a home and a warm bed." Bella whispered to herself over and over in hopes to make it stick.

It was only by chance that she looked out the corner of her now dark eyes that she not only saw him a few steeps behind her making her turn and her eyes lighten.

"May I help you?"

"I..." she started but stopped.

"I have bar tended. If not..."

She waited wondering what his next words would be.

"I shall be a customer and place an order~that is, if you do not require help."

"Help?" one of the voices in her head spoke inwardly "And what kind of help would he be?"

Bella simply shock her head, both in answer to the mans question and to be rid of the voice.

After a long while and a few glances at the catch up list she returned her attention back to the man with the jade eyes.

"What can I get you?"

"Bailey's Irish Cream."

To others the answer might have coursed them to raise a brow but in this job she had learnt not to judge.

"Coming right up"

Turning the made up the drink and placed it before him.

"There you are sir, enjoy your night."

And with that she turned to take the next order but unease seemed to linger, the thought of eyes upon her and there was still hours to go on her shift.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 01-28-2011 at 07:49 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

With his curiosity piqued, Kasim/Dorian found it difficult not to stay in the vicinity of the bar so that he could observe the girl who had so coolly filled the order without interest, not a searching look or a single question. He moved off to circulate, smiling faintly whenever someone of interest crossed his line of vision, not enough to reveal too much interest, just enough to acknowledge the existence of someone who might be worth approaching if his initial target proved too difficult. Nursing the drink, he considered his next move, truly doubting that he could win her trust. Those eyes had seen too much, and her attitude said that every day was the same for her, at least when it came to males. A sudden thought struck him, and his left hand slipped into a pocket for a drawstringed brocade pouch that waited there for just such an occasion. Withdrawing from the crowd to stand against a wall, he set down his drink so that he could open the pouch and sort through its contents, his handsome features lighting up as he found just the right item: a religious medallion with a special meaning for the lady in question. The cover was rose-adorned, and he snapped open the locket to admire the tiny mosaic of this saint, a French one, the patron saint of bartenders and other purveyors of beer and wine. How could it be more perfect? Now, would she accept the pretty trinket, or would she suspect some catch to it? Snapping shut the locket and returning the pouch to his pocket, he headed back toward the bar, which seemed constantly busy, and he pitied the stress this must be causing for those supplying such a demand. He had spoken the truth to her when he said that he had been a bartender, too, though she undoubtedly thought he was just another makeout artist~which he was, but he didn't wish to appear to be, at least at this time.

This time, he was able to take a seat, and he wondered what he was in the mood for now, a seque from the creamy drink he had just savored. He waved away a bartender who was approaching, gesturing minutely toward the beautiful girl, seeing the knowing smile on the other man's face and something else~likely doubt that he would be anymore successful. When she was standing before him, awaiting his choice, he decided to try for something unusual.

"Patxaran," the man decided, being partial to the Basque liqueur. "Some call it Pacharán. Perhaps it is too exotic for this place? Might you have a bottle of it? If not... Perhaps I can think of something else. Your hand... It is well now? Eh... Better?" It couldn't hurt to go for the English-is-not-my-first-language approach. "You should wear this to guard you," he suggested as he held up the necklace, letting it dangle from his fingers. "Saint Amand protects us bartenders, or so goes the story. He ministered to the Basque, even when we did not wish it. Then, we asked him to return to us, and he did, which is proper saintly behavior. Saint Amand will guard you," he assured her, meeting her gaze steadily, attempting to exude sincerity.

OOC: Unfortunately, I couldn't find the image I was looking for, and the common one shown isn't as nice. BIC:

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011 at 08:56 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Bella Grace

There was something about that man, something that she both trusted and didn't at the same time. Though he finally moved away from the bar when he had his drink and his eyes scanned over the other people around him Bella knew his eyes were glued to her.

She tried to put it aside but the tingle on the back of her neck refused to let up one voice in her head screaming "GO FOR IT" while another said "Stay away" the third... was on no real use.

As quickly as she could Bella went about filling the orders that seemed to pile in, not much looking or caring about the faces for at the end of the night they'd all blur together.

Order after order she went until finally she did happen to look up, his voice filling her ears. It couldn't be...

"Patxaran,"

Bella raised a dark brow.

"Some call it Pacharán. Perhaps it is too exotic for this place? Might you have a bottle of it? If not... Perhaps I can think of something else. Your hand... It is well now? Eh... Better?"

Glancing down at her hand Bella said nothing of it, instead trying to remember if she had ever heard anyone else placing the order that this man just had.

"You should wear this to guard you,"

Turning her eyes back to the man her lightened eyes viewed the gift.

"Saint Amand protects us bartenders, or so goes the story. He ministered to the Basque, even when we did not wish it. Then, we asked him to return to us, and he did, which is proper saintly behavior. Saint Amand will guard you,"

"I thank you for the thought sir but we're not really meant to take gifts from the customers."

And whether it was true or not Bella didn't care.

"Mostly one's we not even know the name of but thank you for the thought. I'll just see if I can find someone to help you with your drink."

It was then she remembered him asking about her hand and sighing to herself she did turn around and spoke:

"I still think a little glass is in there, I couldn't really tell and everyone else is busy so..." she let her voice trail. "I'll just see about that drink"

Ducking her head she left her hand placed on the table for balance when suddenly she felt warmth wash over it in a seemingly gentle touch.

Old 01-28-2011 at 09:22 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

Why was it that, when the girl set eyes on him, he had the feeling that she had been thinking of him, that she had been aware that his gaze had wandered her way occasionally? She seemed not so icy and withdrawn but with only a slight thaw. Still, it was some progress, and any change was promising. He was secretly delighted that he had surprised her with his order.

"I prefer sloe berry," he added, "but either is acceptable." Could this drink, so easily found in Spain, have made its way here? One never knew in bars what hidden treasures awaited. He had decided that he would order Strega if his first request failed.

In response to his offering, she said, "I thank you for the thought sir but we're not really meant to take gifts from the customers." There was hesitation there, and he raised a brow in expectation. "Mostly one's we not even know the name of but thank you for the thought. I'll just see if I can find someone to help you with your drink." He nodded, studying her as she turned away then back to him, as if remembering something, which she had, obviously, as she told him, "I still think a little glass is in there, I couldn't really tell and everyone else is busy so..." The other dark brow rose, as if encouraging her to continue yet again. Instead: "I'll just see about that drink."

As she bent to check the stock, she rested her hand on the counter, and he could not resist touching it, as gentle a gesture as a mother to infant. He slipped the locket beneath her palm, cupping his fingers so that he could curve hers around the trinket.

"I did not give you a tip, Frishka, so you must accept this. I am called Kasim, and I wish no more harm to come to you." Then, he withdrew his hand though he would have liked to have lingered. "Perhaps you should allow me to properly clean and dress your wound. Ill-tended injuries leave scars, and you bear enough of those already, do you not? Your eyes~they are wounded."

Old 01-28-2011 at 09:50 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Bella Grace

Paris and it's men, some were like they said but why did she better picture this man as Spanish kissing his way up and down a women's arm after he had worked his magic on her? If it hadn't been for Bella's still hidden past... His magic may have worked on her.

As it was it was easy to run away, work had that hidden meaning but as she ducked under the counter she felt his hand upon hers, a warmth that had never grace her lightish skin. No man had ever touched her hand in such a manner, no father to speak of and her thoughts of men... how could one be surprised?

"I did not give you a tip, Frishka, so you must accept this. I am called Kasim, and I wish no more harm to come to you."

"Harm?" she questioned brushing all thoughts of before aside. His touch, her own words and the glass in her hand. Harm was another four letter word, like love, hate and leave.

"Perhaps you should allow me to properly clean and dress your wound. Ill-tended injuries leave scars, and you bear enough of those already, do you not? Your eyes~they are wounded."

An intake of breath and almost black eyes came up to look into his. How was it that he could see something that this so clearly? Did he have any clue, or was he just fishing? At least he had taken his hand away from hers but her fingers couldn't help but wrap around the locket, seeing the roses on it.

"Every rose has it's thorns" she stated aloud. "And to every girl there is a mystery as for scares every heart has at least one. Look around you, drinkers could tell you of broken hearts, it's partly why some of them are here."

She wanted to leave, to run something inside of her told her to but somehow she felt glued to the spot.

"Why offer me this? Any other women may not give you so much trouble or throw it in your face for that matter and why is it Mr Kasim, that I don't believe that is who you really are?"

Old 01-28-2011 at 10:22 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

"Every rose has its thorns," she stated, and he knew she was referring to those on the locket's cover, but perhaps she meant the song, too, its lyrics filled with heartbreak and pain. "And to every girl there is a mystery as for scars every heart has at least one. Look around you, drinkers could tell you of broken hearts, it's partly why some of them are here." Of course, he was aware of that though some were here because they were self-indulgent people who would use being drunk as an excuse for bad behavior or of not recalling what they had done. Of course, there was oblivion in drink, but many of those who claimed not to remember were, in his estimation, lying to others and to themselves.

As he looked into her eyes, which had a chameleon quality, he sensed her dilemma: wishing to turn her back on him yet somehow drawn to him. So, he waited quietly.

"Why offer me this? Any other women may not give you so much trouble or throw it in your face for that matter and why is it Mr Kasim, that I don't believe that is who you really are?"

"'A rose by any other name'," he quoted. "I surely am not the only person in the world who has been forced to use another name for protection. I was not born Kasim, and I likely will not die with that name~unless my luck runs out on me completely. This could happen. I must live as Kasim Nikolos, a man without a country, though my heart lies in a valley in Spain, a place I might never see again." At that, he reached beneath the scarf to draw out a small pendant. "This is the lauburu, an ancient Basque symbol. It means~eh~the natural world~four seasons, four directions and four elements." Stowing it away, he bowed his head. "I do not know why I tell you this, Frishka. I cannot give you my real name, for it is a name of death should the wrong people hear it spoken." He looked up from that bowed position, as if searching for understanding or at least acceptance. "You have not looked inside the locket? The roses shield its secret meaning, just as I must hide my own truths."

It was strange, but Dorian sometimes found himself skirting some of those truths, what he had learned about his origins and the person he really was. His life had been such a tangle of lies, prevarifications, and half-truths that he himself wasn't certain that there was a definitive identity. He was buried in names, with Kasim Nikolos simply the most recent concoction. Did this mean that, to win the girl, he must become a man she could believe in? It was a challenge he had risen to more than once, but, thus far, she was proving the most difficult. However, he had only begun this dance.

Old 01-28-2011 at 10:43 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

Bella Grace

Every rose had it's thorns, did he understand the meaning or simply but it being lyrical or cryptic? In a way it was such though in others it was perfectly clear. A women was said to be like a rose soft, gentle and beautiful but also dangerous, coursing people to bleed or had he not heard of that saying?

Being even more cryptic but speaking plan Bella went on to speak of drunken fools and heartache, went on to question him. Of course it had to be Shakespeare that returned his supply.

"'A rose by any other name',"

"Would smell as sweet?" she thought inwardly but remained silent.

"I surely am not the only person in the world who has been forced to use another name for protection. I was not born Kasim, and I likely will not die with that name~unless my luck runs out on me completely. This could happen. I must live as Kasim Nikolos, a man without a country, though my heart lies in a valley in Spain, a place I might never see again."

A soft sigh came to Bella lips she had written a story like his, even lived it in a away and he was right, she had once gone by her second name striking out the last.

Her eyes watched as he began to pull on a chain bringing out a necklace and charm that looked almost like a cross.

"This is the lauburu, an ancient Basque symbol. It means~eh~the natural world~four seasons, four directions and four elements."

Now here she had to laugh, a mistake in his wording and mind, though she wasn't surprised.

"I do not know why I tell you this, Frishka. I cannot give you my real name, for it is a name of death should the wrong people hear it spoken."

"Would you tell me even if it wasn't? Do you even remember it or are you so wrapped up in the lie you've forgotten?"

She knew he words were harsh but she had been played before, heard this story before. Her father... in a way was like that or at least that's what her mother had claimed only to reveal it had been a lie, a way to capture her.

"You have not looked inside the locket? The roses shield its secret meaning, just as I must hide my own truths."

Taking a deep breath she leaned forward looking at the charm and then at him.

"You're wrong, there are five elements the last being the most important of all and I've already told you. I can't take the locket, besides what would it mean if I did... what would it mean if I didn't?"

Her eyes came up and turned light again her eyes she knew changing colours.

"And you're wrong about direction to, though I ask, which one you'd take and why, why is it you can't seem to take your eyes off mine?"

Old 01-28-2011 at 11:13 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

"Five elements? No." He shook his head negatively, quite firmly. "Earth, water, air and fire, Frishka, the four elements. What do your people count for a fifth one? I should like to know. As for my real name: I must not use it now and perhaps never will reclaim it. I must lose myself in other names. I was raised to believe that a man's name was of great importance. Now, I think that honor can be brought to whatever name a man must take~or dishonor. Do I remember my name? Of course. How does one forget such a thing? Would I tell you if I could? If I could, I would not be here. I would be home now, among my people, not forced to keep moving, never to belong anywhere. You are cruel to me, Frishka, taunting me so." But, there was a faint smile on his face, as if to assure her that he was teasing her now. "You will not take the gift? Think of it as a tip. I have limited means, but I give you this instead of money. And, direction... How am I wrong? North, south, east, west. You taunt me again. You will say, 'Northeast' and other such?" He made a tsking sound, as if disapproving of such.

"Why iis it you can't seem to take your eyes off mine?" she had asked.

"We seem to be seeing eye-to-eye much of the time, are we not? People should do this: look into each other's eyes. Much is said that way, true? And, they say that eyes are windows to the soul. I say that yours is troubled and~and fearful perhaps. You do not trust, and you likely have good reason. I do not trust, too, but my soul it is not so hurt." He sighed. "I will not bother you again." At that, he moved as if to leave, turning back just long enough to hold up four splayed fingers. "Four elements, Frishka, four for my people and four for many others." His smile was a sad one, as if resigned to her rejection. "Perhaps you will find a home for the locket." Easing off of the chair, he could hope that she would stop him.

Old 01-29-2011 at 02:40 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

Bella Grace

Never in her life had she had such a cryptic battle as this one, people mostly brushed her off and was done with it not waiting around to find the answer to a question they had long since gotten wrong and would search for, for the rest of their lives.

As Bella spoke she could already tell that this man was set in his way of thinking, his shacking head a further note into her thoughts.

"Five elements? No."

He questioned at least but already supplied the answer with a single simple word. There was no need to define them again though he did stating the four elements that most thought them to be.

"Earth, water, air and fire, Frishka, the four elements. What do your people count for a fifth one? I should like to know. As for my real name: I must not use it now and perhaps never will reclaim it. I must lose myself in other names. I was raised to believe that a man's name was of great importance. Now, I think that honor can be brought to whatever name a man must take~or dishonor. Do I remember my name? Of course. How does one forget such a thing? Would I tell you if I could? If I could, I would not be here. I would be home now, among my people, not forced to keep moving, never to belong anywhere. You are cruel to me, Frishka, taunting me so."

"Like I said every rose had thorns."

She listened to his words, replayed them within her mind and questioned. A name could easily be forgotten, misplaced and as for being curl? Maybe she was.

"You will not take the gift? Think of it as a tip. I have limited means, but I give you this instead of money. And, direction... How am I wrong? North, south, east, west. You taunt me again. You will say, 'Northeast' and other such?"

Bella remained silent he seeming to already knew her, knew her answer. As for the locket she was thinking about keeping it but what cost would it be to her? Would this man see it as something, and as of yet she hadn't looked inside.

With these thoughts twisting around in her head, she turned the tables onto him asking the one question she had wanted to ever since he had followed her to the bar.

"We seem to be seeing eye-to-eye much of the time, are we not? People should do this: look into each other's eyes. Much is said that way, true? And, they say that eyes are windows to the soul. I say that yours is troubled and~and fearful perhaps. You do not trust, and you likely have good reason. I do not trust, too, but my soul it is not so hurt."

Now these words stung and her light eyes turned once again dark, black. Trust, she trusted very little and as for her soul... in a way it was hurt though she did agree with him about the eyes being windows.

"I will not bother you again."

She was snapped from her thoughts when she heard him move to leave, hearing his words but somehow debating them.

"Four elements, Frishka, four for my people and four for many others."

Turning away from him Bella tried to forget but something wouldn't relent. His voice sounded in her ears and his face... in seemed firmly planted in her mind.

"Perhaps you will find a home for the locket."

Silence rained for a moment or two but before he had gone Bella finally voiced the answer she had been holding back.

"Spirit" she said simply. "Everything has one, that is the fifth and as for direction I don't mean something as plan. Everyone must choose their own, is this the one I would have picked... no. As for trust... and hurt.... you're right eyes are the window to the soul, so what do my constant changing ones tell you?"

Old 01-29-2011 at 07:03 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

Kasim Nikolos
aka Dorian Grayson

Dorian believed she would allow him to leave, as she had not produced the liqueur he had requested and most definitely seemed ready to be rid of him. But, as he took a step away, he heard, "Spirit. Everything has one." He turned to face her then, his disagreement clear on his face. But, he held his tongue. "That is the fifth," she seemed certain. "And as for direction I don't mean something as plan. Everyone must choose their own, is this the one I would have picked... no. As for trust... and hurt.... you're right. Eyes are the window to the soul, so what do my constant changing ones tell you?"

"That is not for public discussion," he said softly, relenting and taking his seat again. "That is for when we can bare our souls, not among such as these." He hesitated then asked, "Have I stumped the bar? I did not expect them to have it, but there is always faint hope. Perhaps I will have to purchase it someday soon. No Patxaran? What then am I in the mood for? There is Strega or simply more of the same I suppose." He sighed, wondering if she was always so somber. "What do you think, Frishka: more of the same?"