The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House Le Moulin Rouge
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 02-05-2017 at 08:36 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [71]

Calvin Booth

Calvin wouldn't call himself an alcoholic. He would call himself a guy that was trying to do his best and every once in a while he just needed a break. It was true that a tendency towards alcoholism ran in his family. He had been punished by that fact the duration of his childhood. He had seen the drunken rage in his father's eyes when he had come home from work and Calvin had often been the recipient down in the basement where Calvin's father had done most of his work when he was sober. He could remember well the slurred words, the an unnecessary outbursts and accusations that Calvin was being disobedient in some form or another. His brother had been smart to stay with friends frequently, but on principle Calvin couldn't leave. He was certain that if he hadn't been there, his mother would have been the recipient of the weekly tantrums that his father threw. Perhaps she still was but if that were true, Calvin had never been aware of it and he had done his best to protect the people he loved, all of his life. It was why he had worked so hard with Teresa around, he had wanted to provide for her and their children. He had wanted to show her that he could do it, that he was willing to do it. Yet in the end, all he could see in the mirror was his father. He had worked too much and drank even more... maybe Calvin was destined to become like him all along.

He was jarred from his thoughts from the sudden realization that a new performer had taken the stage, another woman that seemed to draw the attention of the man as much as the last. He took a sip of his water, knowing that he a little buzzed and figured he had probably had enough for the evening. He watched the crowds bemusedly for a few moments. He felt that the atmosphere in bars and such places was always the same, weather it be America or Europe. It was where people came to dance the night away, to forgot one's troubles, to get lost in the arms and lips of a stranger. Calvin wasn't really interested in any of those things. He had just wanted a drink. After a mundane day and evening of people asking him questions that required either very simple answers... or impossible ones in some instances... he just needed some time and space away from his kids to think and feel like an adult. At times, talking with children could drive you crazy. While his son was incredibly intelligent and often made him think about things in ways he never had before, he still enjoyed adult conversation about adult things... like work... Calvin could not talk to his kids about work, or women, or how much he missed their damned mother who broken his heart twice.

Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice... well Calvin surely felt like a fool.

Calvin saw out of the corner of his eye the familiar form of the woman who had been on stage. She sat two stools away from him and he watched her out of the corner of his eye. The bartender approached her, they seemed to know each other and he wondered how long and how often she worked here. Business seemed good."Nice job Kitty, thought I'd have to bring ice to that last guy, oh by the way, some gentlemen left you a drink." The bartender told the performer and Calvin smiled as he drank his water. Not because of the twist of fate that had led her to sit next to him, but because he knew perfectly well that this was probably not an uncommon gesture. "Some gentlemen? the girl seemed amused and shrugged, confirming Calvin's suspicion that this could very well be a nightly thing for her, if she worked that often. Up close he could see that she was beautiful in her own way and young. Calvin, in his mid thirties wasn't sure he was looking for any thing with some one that young. Had he been ten years younger maybe. But he kept his distance as the girl put in an order for what she called 'the usual." Calvin watched bemused as the bartender set a soda in front of her. She couldn't be that young could she?

Calvin turned back to his water draining it and calling the bartender over. He had been sipping on his water for at least thirty minutes and requested a gin and tonic. "Look I'm not drunk..." he assured the bartender, knowing that's what drunk people probably said all the time. "Besides, I'm walking home so you won't even need to take my keys." he said with a reassuring smile. He realized than that the girl was looking at him and he smiled at her as well. "Do you always stay sober while you work?" he asked her, considering it probably the worst initiation to any conversation Calvin had ever had. " Even if he wanted to have some kind of one night fling with this girl that no doubt used to such advances, he doubted he would be getting anywhere with her in the near future. He was certain he would be going home alone tonight and Calvin believe hew as okay with that.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 02-06-2017 at 03:14 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [72]

Evea Perry

Ever since that night years ago Evea's outlook on life had changed. She knew that there was more to people than meet the eye and something was always bubbling under the surface. She had gotten to prove this even more as time went by and once again by her role now at the Rouge, she often stopped at the bar after work hearing men and women alike unload as if the bartender should be wearing a white collar.

Then there were the few men that tried to figure HER out. On the outside it was clear....a breaker or hearts, trouble in the form of a 'tall glass of water' a tease on the inside....well they never got to the inside.

In truth, it was her heart that had been broken, more than once over the years and since the last time she felt it best to lock it away, not to be hurt again to not turn into one of those lumps at the bar tossing back not only a drink but their lives.

"Look I'm not drunk..."

Speaking of which, her eyes turned to the man that had court her attention before, he still sat a few stools down, that look still within his eye.

"Besides, I'm walking home so you won't even need to take my keys."

"Not the point" she muttered under breath, knowing the three little words well.

She often wondered about those who got to drunk to so much as lift their heads from the bar let alone anything else. Did they not care about their family, friends those they'd leave behind if something happened to them?

"Do you always stay sober while you work?"

Turning once again she found the question was for her and surprisingly coming from the guy two stools down.

"Sometimes, I don't seem to get the same buzz as everyone else out of a bottomless glass. Besides, sugar works just as well and it doesn't cost as much."

In both price and...other things.

"Besides, a real gentlemen, should be happy to just know that his offer was taken and the girl isn't dying of thirst. Were as other men want them drunk so they can take advantage. Seems I lose either way."

Her eyes turned to his empty glass then.

"And then there's the fact that being drunk never solves anything, now does it?"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2017 at 07:52 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [73]

Calvin Booth

Calvin thought often of his alcoholic father, the man who had led his mother to commit suicide when he was young. The man who he had stood up to when he was seventeen. He drank a lot and when he drank he got angry and when he got angry he had beat Calvin... some times within inches of consciousness. Calvin had learned that laying there, not moving, not fighting he just closed his eyes and waited fro the beatings to be over. Calvin's mother had been just as bad in a different way. She made excuses for his father: his work was hard, his days were long and they just needed to support him. He was never sure what sort of pain his father put his mother through but at night when he would lay in bed, his body aching and bleeding from the bite of the belt on his back. He had counted the days until he left, when he moved out at the age of seventeen he had never looked back and he had vowed that he would be the father to his own children that he'd never had. Now that hew as raising his kids alone he felt intense guilt over not being home to put his kids to bed every night... he suffering from the haunting feeling that he would end up just like his father and though he tried to himself, with the gin and tonic that was now in his hand it hit him, as it often did... the guilt and the sense of the uncontrolled spiral into the dark abyss of his own conscious.

He looked up at the girl that had been tantalizing the club with her voice and her moves not thirty minutes before. He had bought her a drink merely to show her that not all the men she seduced were just going to throw themselves at her. Perhaps Calvin was interested, perhaps he wasn't.. .but every girl deserved to feel like she wasn't just an object. Calvin wasn't doing a good job at it now though... as she sat next to him. It was most likely because he was so agitated by the thought of being interested in anyone. With Teresa gone he had two small children to think about. He sipped his gin and tonic as he teased the woman about not getting drunk for her job. The woman, clearly offended, responded curtly. "Sometimes, I don't seem to get the same buzz as everyone else out of a bottomless glass. Besides, sugar works just as well and it doesn't cost as much." She argued and Calvin smiled. Sugar offered an intense crash as well... maybe it didn't bring on a hangover but the post sugar crash was enough to knock anyone out. He should know, he had a six year old boy. Calvin often took Parker outside to run off his sugar high and before he knew he was asleep in the car as they drove home... it was a good way to help the boy get rid of the seemingly endless energy he had.

"Besides, a real gentlemen, should be happy to just know that his offer was taken and the girl isn't dying of thirst. Were as other men want them drunk so they can take advantage. Seems I lose either way." Calvin scoffed as he chewed a piece of ice from his glass, a habit that Teresa had hated but it clear his head and gave him no reason to further converse with this obnoxious girl that appeared not to like him... well he didn't like her very much either. "And then there's the fact that being drunk never solves anything, now does it?" she pointed out eyeing his glass he made eye contact with her for a moment. She was young.. so young... he could almost be her father he was sure... how could she have any idea what he was even trying to fix with the drinks he was downing. He doubted she had seen much but even if she had... she would never understand what he, and others in the Rouge... were running away from, the kinds of demons they wrestled with and the nightmares that haunted their dreams.

Calvin set down his glass and looked at the girl. "Well no worries... I'm not looking to get you drunk." he said he put some money on the counter and stood. As he stood a man approached the girl at the bar and was clearly drunk he began to flirt with her. As Calvin walked by he grabbed the poor kids by the collar. "Come on pal... she only likes real gentleman..." he said, pushing the kid in front of him and following him away from the bar. He turned back to look at the girl and said seriously. "Look.... clearly buying you the drink was mistake... I apologize if it.. offended you..." he said, choosing his words carefully as he grabbed his coat and started to walk away. "For the record.. you have no idea what people are trying to forget..." he told her as he moved to leave, clearly she wanted nothing to do with him... and why pursue some thing that was clearly a mistake.

OOC: Feel free to have Evea stop him... I think it could make the scene interesting. BIC

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 02-12-2017 at 02:58 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [74]

Evea Perry

It seemed, that the man at the end of the bar didn't like her....more then seemed, it was pretty much clear more so now that she herself had spoken, the question being why and why she seemed to care.

He had questioned her about the choice of drink that clearly he had paid for and she couldn't help but wonder just what kind of drink he would rather her have. Some sort of cocktail? Sure a Mud Slide had it's charm as did anything with strawberries but not at the end of a hard days work when water just wasn't enough, besides, what true difference did it make anyway? That she wouldn't be a cheap score to regret and toss aside?

It was a question she put forth in a round about sort of way.

"No worries... I'm not looking to get you drunk."

"What a relief." she muttered watching as he stood her eyes traveling to a man that clearly was AND coming toward her though just as she worried about how to deal with him, he was stopped.

"Come on pal... she only likes real gentleman..."

The man at the bar, once again it seemed he was telling her who she was without even knowing her. Okay, this time he did had it right but....did he always assume to know someone?

"Look.... clearly buying you the drink was mistake... I apologize if it.. offended you..."

"Offended me?" she scoffed about to say more when he spoke again:

"For the record.. you have no idea what people are trying to forget..."

That made her snap.

Getting up, her hand reached out to his wrist stopping him and forcing him to look at her.

"What offends me is that you think that you know me, when you have no idea and you never will. As for what people are trying to forget...regrets would be a good place to start except drinking so it would seem."

Normally she would have stopped there but he had stirred something.

"Or what about a child? Alone, waiting for their father to come home and chase away the nightmares because they've become all to real. Or what about a broken heart, where you give yourself to someone only to find out you weren't enough?" She started, these the very things in her life she wanted to...forget. "Or a man, thinking that a young women doesn't know pain. But you're right, I guess I don't know anything but....since you seem to know me so well, you would have already known that."

Old 02-13-2017 at 02:13 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [75]

OOC: I'm super tired so I apologize if this isn't very good. BIC

Calvin Booth

Calvin didn't like this girl. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that he was still nursing his wounds from Teresa leaving him. Perhaps he should have seen it coming but he had been so blinded by the hope that they would finally have their family. Calvin recalled well the moment when Teresa had found out she was pregnant with Parker they had been sitting on the bed in the room that they shared and Calvin had just popped the question, almost as soon as the words left her mouth that they were going to be parents. In that moment, it had been the right thing to do and Calvin had often been driven what he felt to be right, regardless of the previous rules that had been placed before him. He was sure that Teresa had sensed that and three weeks later she had left and he had no idea where she had gone. At least on that occasion she had left him with a note, saying that she couldn't say yes when she felt like he was only asking out of obligation. It had been only six months later when he'd done his first job as a sniper for the Army Rangers and he got a call. A woman by the name of Teresa said she'd had a baby boy. He found her at the hospital in DC and when he held his son for the first time he suddenly thought he knew his purpose in life.

But now that purpose seemed all disoriented. A broken heart made people do crazy things and Calvin was ready to blame this on the alcohol he'd consumed that evening.

With enough mistakes made this evening Calvin was ready to leave. He made a remark to Evea about her not understanding what people were trying to forget. She couldn't be more than her mid twenties... she'd barely lived. Calvin felt a small hand around his wrist and he had stop himself from flipping the girl on her back. Don't hurt her. She's just a child. "What offends me is that you think that you know me, when you have no idea and you never will. As for what people are trying to forget...regrets would be a good place to start except drinking so it would seem." The girl was clearly angry, he had press some sort of button inside of her and he could see in her face that she wasn't prepared to let him leave. He forced his body to relax into a less defensive pose, her hand still on his wrist. "Or what about a child? Alone, waiting for their father to come home and chase away the nightmares because they've become all to real. Or what about a broken heart, where you give yourself to someone only to find out you weren't enough?" She was rambling now, as people he interrogated often had when they were forced to face old demons. This girl was clearly facing some thing that was difficult at that moment. All thanks to Calvin's words. He waited patiently for her to be done. "Or a man, thinking that a young women doesn't know pain. But you're right, I guess I don't know anything but....since you seem to know me so well, you would have already known that." She snapped at him and Calvin smiled, he couldn't help it. This was all just so ridiculous.

He used the angle of her arm to push her back into the bar counter, anyone watching them might think it was an act of passion. He gazed at the girl... young, innocent in so many ways yet knowledgeable beyond her years in others. He held her gaze for a long moment. His eyes flashed with amusement and anger and irritation. He gazed at her for a moment longer before he whispered softly. "You're right... clearly I do not know you..." he whispered, taking in her youthful face. He could feel her breath on her face, her slender fingers still grasping his wrist. Feeling her body against him awoke some thing in Calvin, some thing he hadn't felt since the mother of his children had left. Did he want her? No. He hated her, she was a ridiculous girl who would never satiate his need for companionship or love. "And I don't want to..." he said sharply, holding her gaze with his deep brown eyes for a moment longer before he stepped away from her and began to walk away, this time having every intention of leaving. He hadn't like the way he felt being so close to this woman that he despised so profoundly. Who was she to know what he had been through? The pain he had seen in his life. Calvin had no desire to stick around and explain it to her.

OOC: He hasn't left. Evea can still stop him. BIC

Old 02-13-2017 at 03:24 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [76]

Evea Perry

Evea could feel the anger that bubbled inside of her thanks to the man before her, sure she could see the hurt within his eyes. She now knew it was what had made her look at him in the first place that and the fact that she knew he didn't belong here but his words, they cut to the quick.

Why was it that everyone thought that a young person didn't know anything, that though they were young they couldn't possibly have lived. That pain was just another of those four letter words like love and lose both of wich were something foreign.

As he started to walk away from her she couldn't help her hand from snapping out and taking claim of his wrist.

Holding it, looking into his eyes she couldn't help but wonder what kind of pain HE knew. Had he ever been hunted, lost a child, shot, buried alive lost everything that you'd ever known or lived a life on the run praying that it didn't catch up with you?

Instead, she talked about regrets, the ones that stood out above all others. Of all things it made a smile appear on his face making a frown of question appear on hers.

The next thing she knew he had pushed her up against the bar shock and a little long lasting fear flicking within her eyes. her eyes watched his as he simply gazed at her for a long while before leaning in and whispering:

"You're right... clearly I do not know you..."

She scoffed at this, inwardly nodding but knowing there would be something more.

"And I don't want to..."

For a moment or two they held eachothers gaze before, finally, he let her go watching him start to walk away.

"Everything alright sweet Kitty?" A voice sounded behind her before she felt arms snake around her pulling her back onto a strong chest from which the smell of alcohol was strong.

"It's fine" she voiced turning slightly coming face to face with the drunk for before.

OCC: Take it as you will, questions please ask but unsure how to make him stay.