The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Le Moulin Rouge
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 01-28-2011 at 05:09 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

Bella Grace

There was something about the man before her, a sadness that seemed to cross his face and as she watched him play with what looked to be a wedding ring Bella could only start to guess why.

The way he looked to the stage there were only one of two choices divorce or a death. Inwardly Bella couldn't decided which was better you lost someone either way and your heart bleed.

It was now as she waited that she didn't so bad in placing the wine list before him asking him if he saw anything he liked.

“No, I haven’t yet,”

Bella nodded but stop when he suddenly shock his head, an action she knew all to well.

“Sorry, you mean the wine list. Of course you mean the wine list…”

A half smile and no longer could Bella hold herself back. She hated seeing people in pain and she needed to learn about the opposite sex and how to talked to then, this guy seemed like a good place to start.

"Forgive me but.... is everything alright? You seem... a little down hearted."

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 01-29-2011 at 03:23 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Lucian Michaud

Lucian was beyond distracted tonight. It was embarrassing. The wine list gave him something to focus on that wasn’t Natalie, that wasn’t Ashton, that wasn’t Damien. But the more Lucian thought about it, the less he wanted to drink. He’d just get moodier if he did. And Lucian didn’t want that. He was already in a bad place. And though the alcohol would lift him up for a bit, it would only drop him down further when he was done. He didn’t want to walk home with Ashton tonight if he was at less than his best. It would just be an embarrassment. Maybe just one. His brand or the competition’s...?

"Forgive me but.... is everything alright? You seem... a little down hearted."

Lucian looked up an a grim smile twisted on his lips and then, quietly, a bitter laugh passed over his lips.

“And I thought I hid it so well,” Lucian said, a little sarcastically. But, truthfully, he’d thought so. There was a certain anonymity when you were in a crowd. Lucian had been relying on it when he needed to let his emotions get the best of him. He shook his head. “I guess I’ll need to practise my poker face.”
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2011 at 03:54 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Bella Grace

Bella couldn't help but feel sorry for the man she served, his pain seemed real and she had seen it to many times in her own face not to see it in his.

When she had first started here she had been told not to get involved with the customers but as a bar tender... it was kind of hard for people spilled their guts as they drunk, turning Bella into an unpaid counselor.

Still she couldn't turn away, she never could, the heart was something that shouldn't be pained or broken and if Bella could help this heart to mend... maybe it would help her own.

“And I thought I hid it so well,”

She knew he had meant it as a joke but she half smiled anyway waiting to hear if the man felt like going on.

“I guess I’ll need to practise my poker face.”

"It's kind of hard to do that when your around poker all day and learn to read people. Tell me to but out but sometimes talking about things help and... it seems like part of the job as a bar tender to hear all the troubles that go down with the drink."

Old 01-29-2011 at 05:18 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

Lucian Michaud

There had been a time in the (seemingly) distant past, that Lucian had the best poker faith in south England. He could lie convincingly, give half-truths easily, and say things eloquently without committing to “yes” or “no”. He’d been a excellent gambler; an even better politician. Those days were long gone. So, too, was the need for his skills. He was rusty and out of practise. Lucian knew it, too. He knew it when Natalie would brush him aside and raw hurt embittered his features. He knew it when he laid eyes on Ashton across the dinner table and when he lost inhibition and moved forward as though to kiss her at the miniature engagement party. He knew it as he watched her dance; he knew it every time he thanked heaven that Damien was far away and could see him through the telephone. He knew it when he lost a hand the few times Pierre got him to play at cards. Gone were the days where Lucian was secure enough with himself to be snugly secure behind the life and lies he created. He was again an average man with abysmally average problems. He was wealthy, but not powerful. Certainly, he was not at the peak of his power as he had been at thirty-five and forty. He did not catch eyes (not even his wife’s). No one speculated that he would one day be Prime Minister (what a ridiculous notion!). He was reduced to this: a middle-aged divorcee, drinking in the Moulin Rouge as he watched the (half-his-age) object of his (unrequited) affection dance (for the audience; not him). Lucian felt nauseous as he realised just how pathetic he looked. He’d even elicited the sympathies of a passing waitress because he looked so ruined. He desperately wished for his old-time poker face.

"It's kind of hard to do that when you’re around poker all day and learn to read people. Tell me to butt out, but sometimes talking about things help and... It seems like part of the job as a bar tender to hear all the troubles that go down with the drink."

That was true. It was practically her job to let customers bend her ear about their miserable, little lives. But Lucian wasn’t the sort who basked in pity. He could appreciate sympathy, but not the manufactured condolences from someone who listened to people whine all night long about the trials of living. Everyone had problems. He looked at the waitress and met her eyes. His lips parted and for a moment, no words came out. She had hazel eyes. They weren’t Ashton’s, but they were familiar enough to send a wave of something through Lucian. Not attraction. Not lust. Not love. It was trust, maybe. An understanding that—if he told this woman what he was dealing with—she wouldn’t use it against him. Granted, she could still judge him. Lucian certainly had his own judgements about his feelings and choices. A forty-six year old man who fancied his son’s twenty-three year old fiancée was almost as creepy as the dad who flirted with his daughter’s barely-legal (or underage) friends. Lucian tilted his head. Never mind the complexity of his situation. He was separated—not yet divorced. The woman he’d loved for half his life cheated on him. In fact, Natalie had been out of love with Lucian for a long time. It wouldn’t have surprised him in the least if this was only the most recent of her affairs. He had a son. A grown son. And Damien had been conceived out of wedlock. In fact, Damien had been the reason Natalie cited for marrying Lucian in the first place. Lucian loved Damien more than life itself. He would die for the young man. He had spent every moment since Natalie tearfully told him that she was pregnant and scared trying to make the world a place fit for their child. He would give anything to see Damien happy. Except now, he wondered if he could give him Ashton. Or if that would even make Damien happy. Damien was so withdrawn these days—as sullen as Lucian himself was—and Ashton hadn’t pulled the younger man from his doldrums yet. Only his friends really did anymore. And there were moments that Lucian wondered—as Dr. Ingram once asked—if Damien was “stepping out” on Ashton. And then of course, there was Ashton.

Lucian shook his head and smiled at the waitress pityingly. The poor, foolish girl thought that it was her job to listen to the insanity of the Michaud family dynamic. Certainly others before him had abused her relatively powerless position as waitress and bartender to burden her with problems no one else would listen to.

“But it’s not your job to put up with other people’s problems,” he said evenly. “And, trust me, it’s not your job to put up with mine. Sweet of you to think so, Miss...?”

Old 01-30-2011 at 04:01 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Bella Grace

Bella wanted to help if only this man would let her, but his seemed closed lipped and distant maybe thinking it best to bottle up like all men. A man who talked about his feelings was weak.

It was a silly notion, everyone needed to talk now and then and why were men seen as something different to women? Okay on both the outside and in the female form and the male form were different but when it came to the mind and soul could they really be worlds apart?

"Venus and Mars" Bella stated inwardly waiting for the mans reply to her offer of being an ear to talk to.

“But it’s not your job to put up with other people’s problems,”

"It may not be a planned part of the job but..." she trailed off as she smiled seeing the man seemed to have something more to say.

“And, trust me, it’s not your job to put up with mine. Sweet of you to think so, Miss...?”

"Grace, Bella Grace and thank you but like I said I would like to help if I could, in any way. You seem, very troubled, like you've lost someone you care for deeply... or at least cared for. I could be wrong but..."

She stopped again.

"Besides if you fear me saying something to anyone else I wouldn't... I don't even know your name. So, to offer stands, even if it's just to get you a drink."

Old 01-30-2011 at 04:46 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

Lucian Michaud

"Grace, Bella Grace .”

Lucian said nothing, but the name sounded strange to him. Surreal. He was not well-versed in stage-names or showgirls, but that was exactly what it sounded like to him.

Oh, well. It’s not like your name is something people hear every day, either, he thought almost instantaneously as he dismissed the first thought.

“And thank you, but like I said I would like to help if I could, in any way. You seem, very troubled, like you've lost someone you care for deeply... or at least cared for. I could be wrong but..."

She paused and Lucian’s mouth twisted in thought. Care or cared? Present or past tense? He wasn’t sure anymore which it was. Did he love Natalie now, even after all she’d put him through? Or had he loved her once, but not anymore? Or—most frighteningly of all—had he never loved her? She said she wed him out of obligation, not love. Was it so crazy to think that maybe, on a subconscious level, that had been his motivation, too? Lucian scarcely knew anymore. It had been twenty-four years ago that he said “I do.” He remembered thinking that Natalie looked so beautiful in her wedding dress. She’d hid her baby bump as well as she could have, but Lucian could see the soft roundness of her stomach when she drew nearer to his end of the aisle. He remembered feeling a surge of what he would call love as he made his vows. Then, later, in the honeymoon suite as he kissed her, made love to her, and rested his hands on her softly swollen belly, Lucian would have said he was in love. Was it possible he never had been? Or was that just a retroactive wish? Did he want to be able to say he had never loved Natalie to ease his own pain? Yes. A thousand times, yes. Anything to ease the pain was welcome. But, in truth, Lucian knew that he had once been in love with Natalie. And part of him still was. Otherwise, he wouldn’t hurt so much.

"Besides if you fear me saying something to anyone else I wouldn't... I don't even know your name. So, the offer stands, even if it's just to get you a drink."

“Thank you,” he said quietly, looking from her to the wine list. “Maybe a bottle of Merlot… 1986 vintage, if you have it.”

Old 01-30-2011 at 04:59 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

Bella Grace

Love, it was a hard thing to determine. Her mother had asked her about it when her father had come up. Did Bella love her father? Could you love a person you'd never met or remembered? Though they were a part of you, a part of your blood and soul... It was a question she couldn't answer.

When it came to love Bella knew very little. She could write about it so that she believed in it, dreamed of the words and what it would be like to be kissed, hugged, wanted... but could dreams become real? And would the real thing be anything like the unreachable?

The word of love seemed to be in her mind as well as the mans, she could see the different thoughts running throughout his mind even as she waited. She now knew she was right, he was troubled and it was because of a matter with the heart.

“Thank you,”

The silence was broken by these two simple words, snapping Bella back to the here and now.

“Maybe a bottle of Merlot… 1986 vintage, if you have it.”

"I'll see what I can do"

She turned and left the table seeing a look of question from one of her co workers, one that asked why she was still here but Bella refused to answer instead going to the bar and finding a full bottle of what the man had asked for.

Quickly she returned and opened the bottle for him quietly pouring a glass and waiting to see if he'd like his order.

"Enjoy your drink sir and if there's anything else, please, let me know."

Old 01-30-2011 at 06:30 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

Lucian Michaud

Bella disappeared for another moment and Lucian was left alone with his thoughts. A 1986 vintage, he’d ordered. Now, after his waitress had disappeared, Lucian debated whether or not his choice had been all that smart. It would be the same vintage served at his wedding. Was ordering it masochistic? Or was Lucian now able to separate the past from current sensations of sight, smell, taste, sound, and touch? It was a now-or-never moment for the Englishman. He sighed. A moment later, Bella materialised at his tableside, bottle in hand. She uncorked it and Lucian picked up the set-aside cork to check that the date matched that he’d requested. 1986. Right there, engraved. The cork, too, was moist on the bottom—a good sign. Bella poured a glass and Lucian smiled at her.

"Enjoy your drink, sir, and if there's anything else, please, let me know."

“Thank you, Bella,” he said, smile still in place. He lifted the glass—at a loss for what to toast to or whether he was supposed to make one at all. He’d only made one since arriving in Paris. That had been with Ashton at the Christmas Gala. To new beginnings… He brought it to his lips. He could smell alcohol and grapes and something that smelled faintly of blackberries… For a moment, Lucian smiled.

The aroma sent Lucian to a rented ballroom at the best hotel in Salisbury. He could hear the sound of eighties power-ballads and the laughter of his college friends and his family. He could see Natalie dancing in her father’s arms. Robert nudged him in the ribs and told him that if he ever needed someone to complain to about the madness of the Blackwood sisters that he more than sympathized. And not to go to Ed because of something or another. A tipsy, twenty-one year old Pierre grinned at Robert and clapped him on the back, reminding him that Lucian had friends already. Lucian smiled at his best friend and then at his new brother-in-law and brought his wine glass to his lips. Just over the rim of it, he made eye contact with Natalie—

Lucian slammed the glass down forcefully and wine sloshed all over the tablecloth. His blue eyes and gone wide and his skin was fading to a pallor. The wine was just too much for him right now. It was flooding him with memories. He should have known it would.

He also should have been able to handle it. It was just a glass of wine.

“Take it back,” he said hoarsely. His voice was jagged. Lucian’s lips barely moved as he spoke. “I don’t want it. Take it back. I can’t. I’m sorry. Just take it back.”

Old 01-30-2011 at 07:52 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

Bella Grace

it was strange how things so quickly turned, how the mind and heart were two very different things that could rule you. The mind could be over something... someone but the heart... the heart was something that didn't mend easily.

Bella had gotten the bottle the man had asked for, opened it and poured the glass saying that she hoped he liked it and for a moment, as she turned to go he seemed fine.

“Thank you, Bella,”

She returned his smile with a nod once more heading back to the bar. When she was half way back something told her to turn, something suddenly didn't feel right and an unease washed over her. Her golder drown eyes turned back to the table she jumping a little as glass slammed down onto the table in shear anger and pain.

“Take it back,”

The words were hardly enough to hear but Bella understood them.

“I don’t want it. Take it back. I can’t. I’m sorry. Just take it back.”

Returning to the table Bella debated on whether or not to place her hand on the man's shoulder. In the end she did thinking that if he knew she was there it might somehow help.

"It's alright I will and then I'll come back and clean this up. Would you like some water instead sir and... please I know somethings upsetting you and forgive me but clearly keeping it inside isn't helping. I'm new here and I don't know many people so therefore if... you're worried about me telling a singer that she maybe part of the issue..."

She was only guessing now, putting two and two together.

"Please sir, I'd like to help."

Old 01-31-2011 at 12:32 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

Lucian Michaud

A gentle hand came to rest on Lucian’s shoulder. He looked up at Bella’s face in surprised appreciation. Sometimes, he forgot what it was like to be around people—specifically women—who he barely knew. He tried to use his manners, but more often than not, he found himself placing women he met in direct comparison with Natalie or—as of recent—with Ashton. No one wanted to be compared to Natalie by Lucian right now; and few women lived up to or even neared Ashton of late. But for this singular moment, it didn’t matter that Bella was a girl or that she wasn’t Ashton. All that mattered was that she was being incredibly patient with him and that she wasn’t Natalie. Lucian smiled apologetically at her. God, he was a mess...

"It's all right. I will and then I'll come back and clean this up. Would you like some water instead sir? And... Please, I know something’s upsetting you and forgive me but clearly keeping it inside isn't helping. I'm new here and I don't know many people so therefore if... you're worried about me telling a singer that she is maybe part of the issue... Please sir, I'd like to help."

“You’re a sweet girl, Bella,” Lucian said a little shakily. “Thank you, again, for your offer to listen… I can’t imagine, though, that it will do much good… Other than clarifying that I’m not some drunken madman.”

He smiled weakly at her and looked around at the mess he’d made.

“I’ll pay for the dry-cleaning,” he offered, knowing that a client’s mess often became a waiter’s burden. “Just add it to my tab, if you don’t mind.”