The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Right Bank District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 11-02-2009 at 11:05 PM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Note Bleue [4]  Post [1] »

For those who love a different kind of music than that supplied at the Paris Opera House, the Blue Note Jazz Club offers a wide variety. Jazz, swing, foxtrot, blues, and occasionally salsa, la Note Bleue is the perfect place to go for a long smoke and a strong drink. The proprietors only hire the most famous and acclaimed of local and international bands, as no one wants the atmosphere of a club to get boring.

A large wooden dance floor sits at the center of the establishment, the stage rising against the back wall and large enough to fit as many as 10 musicians. Tables with blue candles and booths covered in black leather envelope the rest of the joint in a stadium seating style, while the bar area has the same black leather on the stools, names and numbers carved deeply into the wooden bar. They'll serve all kinds and are happy to have some fun, but this is a legal establishment. Cause any kind of trouble and the big burly bouncer will kick you out.

Last post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch View Post
Evea Perry

Drowning in sorrow, that's what any on looker might have thought if they looked over at the table of Evea and Easy and though they may have been right, at lest for an instant, it was not something Evea wanted to dwell on, it seemed however to come through in her voice as she spoke.

When she had first meet the tiger eyed male she had told him that sooner or later people in your life simply left, some to cross to the other side, some over a broken friendship, some simply moving away and some...some with no insight as to why at all a hidden meaning behind the words even as she spoke them pausing for a moment before going on. Once again she found herself talking about what was next for her friend while her cryptic words once more feel from her lips a tiny thread of insight to both their lives maybe before quickly changing the subject.

With a sigh passing her lips she turned the night to a lighter topic the music hidding this fact just a little in it's aid before Easy lead her to the dance floor holding her like no man had ever held her before, with room between them.

"Do you know this one?"

His voice broke through her thoughts as they dance Evea simply shaking her head as she listened following Easy's lead.

"I didn't understand it till somebody told me it's about reincarnation, about living before~as somebody else. Mick, this lady who~well~took me in for a while... Mick used to sing it at a nightclub she worked at. I learned a lot of blues and jazz songs, only I didn't know I had till I started coming here. Weird, huh, that I didn't know I learned stuff?"

A small smile crossed Evea's lips then, a tiny chuckle gracing her face.

"It's amazing how we can learn things, something are tort to us and if we're lucky we can retain it but most people learn things on their own and most without studying the subject at all. Take me and my camera for example it merely started out as a way to capture a memory, I learnt as I went along not from being tort it was only when I needed a job that I actually started to play around with all the modes and buttons and stuff."

She stopped there letting the music take her over.

"I think it's those kind of lessons we learn the most from anyway, the things we simply fall into."

Another sigh and another change of subject.

"Speaking of camera's have you been taking any more photo's since we last spoke to each other, or was I simply wasting your time with something else you don't want to do?"

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 11-07-2009 at 11:14 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

As soon as he had spoken of Michelle Steranko, Easy had felt self-conscious because he rarely spoke of that time in his life, not that he was ashamed of it but because he felt such mixed emotions at what amounted to his attempt at some sort of normalcy, convincing himself that he could live with a woman and be satisfied. However, it hadn't been his running to the streets that ended their relationship. Instead, Mick had very bluntly told him that he was "too damn smart". Pretty and young she liked, but she preferred vacancy in the brains department, or so she had explained. He had found it difficult to believe that he could be considered intelligent, but the beautiful but tough chanteuse had said he "carried too much baggage", and he could not deny that.

Evea's response drew his attention: "It's amazing how we can learn things, something are tort to us and if we're lucky we can retain it but most people learn things on their own and most without studying the subject at all. Take me and my camera for example it merely started out as a way to capture a memory, I learnt as I went along not from being tort it was only when I needed a job that I actually started to play around with all the modes and buttons and stuff. I think it's those kind of lessons we learn the most from anyway, the things we simply fall into." All he could do was nod his agreement, realizing that it was true, how much he had absorbed without meaning to, just from being around the right and wrong people. If not for Evea, would he be as interested in photography? She had pushed him in the right direction, selected books to help him, and advised him about his early photographs. As if reading his mind, she asked: "Speaking of camera's have you been taking any more photos since we last spoke to each other, or was I simply wasting your time with something else you don't want to do?"

Easy felt a surge of resentment at the tone of her question, a flash of anger that he fought to mask though the tawny eyes practically sparked. It was true, that he had picked up and dropped interests at an alarming rate while living in Paris, as if he had to sample everything that had not been within his awareness before, let alone his grasp. Thanks to his so-called patrons' money, he had many opportunities to try many interests though he had dropped most of them. It wasn't his changeable nature really, not the recent changes. He was torn and confused over as to where he wanted to take his life. Evea had struck a sore spot with him.

"I~um... Guess I've been busy. Rehearsals, Lessons. Don't always remember to grab a camera. Maybe I should keep it in my satchel," he mused, the dreaminess of the music once more soothing him as he released the momentary anger. "Haven't looked around for anything to take pictures of," he confessed. "I~um~started somethin' else: fencing." He tried to laugh, but the sound was unconvincing. "Looked interesting, and I figured that~well~if I ever got onstage... Who knows? Maybe it'll come in handy someday. Maybe I'll take my camera next time, see if I can get some shots. Only... Well... There's nobody to show them to." That sounded far too mournful to him, but it was true. There was no one he could claim as a friend, no one that he could feel free to call for lunch or to simply get together. He had never needed anyone before, or so he believed. Then, there had been Lily and Iah, and he had been open to speaking to people. Their departure had him withdrawing behind surprisingly strong walls intended to keep the world out. The openness he had had what seemed so long ago had been nearly banished, just as he had longed for. Now, he was caught in a place he found confusing and frightening.

The first melody had come to an end, then, a moment later, his second request began: "Misty". As the opening phrase began, he was finding it difficult to resist the impulse to sing along though he had managed to keep from giving in during the other number. It was something people did in movies, wasn't it, never in real life? He was humming, finding his voice for the first time in awhile. At last, he yielded to the impulse, supposing she could desert him on the dance floor if he freaked her out, he thought bemusedly, beginning to sing in his velvety voice:
Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree;
And I feel like I'm clingin' to a cloud,
I can' t understand
I get misty, just holding your hand.

Walk my way,
And a thousand violins begin to play,
Or it might be the sound of your hello,
That music I hear,
I get misty, the moment you're near.

Can't you see that you're leading me on?
And it's just what I want you to do,
Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm following you.

On my own,
When I wander through this wonderland alone,
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I'm too misty, and too much in love.
Too misty, and too much in love.

He had managed to keep the volume down though he was conscious of the looks he was receiving from people who likely believed he had lost his mind or was going out of his way to "schmooze" the beautiful woman in his arms. Not for a moment did he think that Evea would consider the song any sort of declaration of love though that seemed to be the case in most movies he had watched. Hadn't he sung to Lilith once as they danced? Perhaps he had only dreamed it, wishing that he had done that and more. Lilith and Iah often visited his dreams though rarely now that they had left his life.

"Sorry, Evea," he said, blushing as he apologized. "Guess you think I'm a real dope, singing like that. Haven't sung for~seems like forever. I wanted to during the first one, but 'Misty'... Somethin' about that one." He shrugged, grinning crookedly. "Hope I didn't embarrass you. Maybe guys sing to you all the time, huh?"

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 11-08-2009 at 07:12 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Evea Perry

As they danced they talked the topic being what was seen as a challenge still, Easy's future coursing Evea to wounder if he still wanted to learn her skill.

There was a look of... anger? that seemed to play upon his features making Evea think that she had said the wrong thing, was the youth truly that touchie on the subject? For she had meant nothing by it only hoping once again that he finally stumbled on something he did like, that would stop his running.

"I~um... Guess I've been busy. Rehearsals, Lessons. Don't always remember to grab a camera. Maybe I should keep it in my satchel,"

It was an idea and one that Evea sometimes followed herself. More often then not she had her camera with her helping to fill up her spear time by taking shoots of the world around her, or maybe, just maybe it was the thought in the back of her mind, the thought that kept reminding her she maybe have to leave Paris faster then a blink of the eye. She was so far lost in thought that she hardly heard Easy go on to say:

"Haven't looked around for anything to take pictures of,"

A mere nod of her head as she tried to force herself back to the here and now.

"I~um~started somethin' else: fencing."

If she hadn't been back before she was back now, the word fencing ringing in her ear making a shiver run over her spin. For hours her father had tort her how to use a sword the skills needed making her sharp, quick watching the other persons every move. He had hoped the skill would help save her life so far she hadn't needed to put it to the test.

"Looked interesting, and I figured that~well~if I ever got onstage... Who knows? Maybe it'll come in handy someday. Maybe I'll take my camera next time, see if I can get some shots. Only... Well... There's nobody to show them to."

A hint of sadness entered his voice making Evea what to remind him that she was always there to show his pictures to, for hadn't they done that before? She was just about to reminded him of this very fact she she heard his gentle voice singing joining the melody that played around them.

On my own,
When I wander through this wonderland alone,
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I'm too misty, and too much in love.
Too misty, and too much in love.

The last verse hung in the air before a blush came to Easy's face though a smile came to hers.

"Sorry, Evea, Guess you think I'm a real dope, singing like that. Haven't sung for~seems like forever. I wanted to during the first one, but 'Misty'... Somethin' about that one."

Another simple shake of her head for his words couldn't be more wrong.

"Hope I didn't embarrass you. Maybe guys sing to you all the time, huh?"

"If you could call what they do singing, and always for the wrong reasons." She said with a sigh. "Easy listen to me, I glad you felt open enough to sing around me and I don't think you're a dope at all, you have a good voice therefore there's no reason for you to be embarrassed either."

It was then that remembered his words from before.

"As for showing your pictures to someone, you have shown me some before and if you like I'd be glad to see some more I won't even drill you of how to improve if you don't want me to but... I am here for you Easy."

She stopped then thinking that he might feel a little strange around her thanks to her last comment.

"If you'd like I could join you in the next song so you won't be alone, would that help even things out?"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009 at 12:12 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

As foolish as he had felt giving in to the urge to sing, Easy had been fairly certain that Evea would not laugh at him and might act as if it was a perfectly natural occurrence. She admitted to experiencing this before, telling him, "If you could call what they do singing, and always for the wrong reasons." He wasn't quite certain what the last part meant. How could you sing for the wrong reasons? "Easy listen to me, I'm glad you felt open enough to sing around me and I don't think you're a dope at all, you have a good voice therefore there's no reason for you to be embarrassed either."

His was a sheepish grin as he accepted the compliment. He still was uncertain of his voice though he had been trained by one of the best, with more focus, of course, on what Rafe Chancery had called "fancy schmancy" music. He also enjoyed singing other types~or had enjoyed it till his life had been disrupted in so many ways. It was notable that he had sung tonight though Evea might never know this.

"As for showing your pictures to someone, you have shown me some before and if you like I'd be glad to see some more. I won't even drill you of how to improve if you don't want me to but... I am here for you Easy." Again, her words confused him. After all, they had spent so little time in each other's company that he wasn't even sure what one thought of the other. In the library, it had started with flirtation that had seemed headed for at least a kiss, then they had begun talking about photography, and she had become a mentor. Their ill-fated luncheon at the Eiffel Tower had ended because of his emotional wounds, not from anything she had said to him. Now, here they were, dancing and... What was going on?

"If you'd like I could join you in the next song so you won't be alone. Would that help even things out?"

His soft laughter carried no further than her ears, he was certain. "A duet? Never done that yet. Well... With Lily~Lilith... We used to pretend we were gonna sing together different places. She played violin for me to sing, but sometimes we sang together~old stuff like 'Scarborough Fair'," he remembered, a wistful smile on the expressive mouth, his eyes dreamy, as if no longer seeing his surroundings. "Maybe they'll play a duet," he said upon refocusing himself on the moment, knowing he too often dwelled in the past, which a number of people had told him, basically, to "get over it". Yet, some of those people were tormented by their own history. So, why did they make him feel so lacking?

He sighed, continuing to move expertly with the music that had moved on to another dreamy melody, perhaps inspired by his two wistful requests. Again, he was troubled as to what the woman in his arms thought of him. Was she caught between roles as he felt that he so often was?

"So, you were meeting somebody here?" he wondered, for wont of anything else to say. "Or drownin' your sorrows?" He remembered the phrase not only from her but from Rafe Chancery, who frequently was inundating himself in liquor, at which point, it was wise to keep out of his way, especially a certain tawny-eyed Alleycat. Easy had borne the brunt of Chance's outbursts so often that he still tensed at the sound of glass on glass, depending on his mood. "You and the bouncer..." he remembered. "Me? I go home alone~again." He gave a one-shouldered shrug that did not disturb his dancing in the least. By now, he had taken so many lessons that he was on automatic, adjusting for each partner with an ease that had surprised some women. After all, he probably looked more like the type to be gyrating at La Valhalla or Le Cat-Corner, places he had danced but rarely "free form", as he thought of it. Not knowing steps made him nervous, and he felt totally secure in what he was doing, even if Evea threw in anything tricky, as Amelia Nightwing had done. "Don't mind me," he added with his signature crooked grin. "Just making conversation. Not being nosy."

Old 11-23-2009 at 12:50 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Evea Perry

The night had taken on a sorrowful tone and not even dancing in Easy’s arms could change it, her mind still trapped in thoughts of the past. The song that surround them as they danced seemed to play to the mood the song being of heartbreak and aloneness further inlaying those feelings into her heart not that she tried to let on, one again pulling on her mask of smiles pushing back the thoughts that looped.

It was made somewhat easier when Easy had stopped singing the sorrowful notes and instead brought forth a change of subject this time turning focus back onto her.

Once more her past was brought into question and mind and all with a few simple words taking the form of a statement. For a moment or two she thought about the ghosted men of her past, the faces she couldn't recall and those she could they being the ones she'd never forget but to answer Easy's question she simply gave a reply seeming cryptic once spoken though clear in her own forward thinking.

It had only been after a shake of her head that she returned more to the world around her reassuring Easy of his singing skills having actually like his voice despite the song or his acceptance, quickly jumping to a safer topic for the two of them. She reminded him that she'd always be there to look at his pictures if he ever so desired and then looking to change the mood the night was headed said she'd join him in a song.

His laughter claimed her ears then making her golden brow raise in question was he laughing 'with her' or.... was he laughing at the very thought of singing with her? For his laughter was no louder then her ears to hear alone.

"A duet? Never done that yet. Well... With Lily~Lilith... We used to pretend we were gonna sing together different places. She played violin for me to sing, but sometimes we sang together~old stuff like 'Scarborough Fair',"

A bliss seemed to rise at the memory.

"Maybe they'll play a duet,"

"Maybe" Evea had said simply falling back into what seemed to be their thing for the night, the simple sway of dance which made it so easy to fall back into the silence.

For a moment or two Evea closed her eyes flashbacks of being in another man's arms and dancing to a more lively beat and then they where gone, Easy's voice breaking through her thoughts.

"So, you were meeting somebody here?"

Again a look of question crossed Evea's face.

"Or drownin' your sorrows?"

She said nothing.

"You and the bouncer..."

Her gaze turned to the man.

"Me? I go home alone~again."

Her gaze returned to him as she felt the rise and fall of his arm, a shrug no doubt as his words played in her mind coursing a sigh to pass her lips.

"Don't mind me,Just making conversation. Not being nosy."

Deep blue eyes coming up to meet golden ones, for a long time they merely seeming to look into his before a heavy sigh escaped her.

"Trying to lose myself" she told him simply "Trying to forget"

She stopped moving then though the music still played.

"And as for going home alone..."

Her gaze once more returned to the bouncer before coming back again.

"I wouldn't in truth know the difference, for all I ever am is alone."

She shook her head then a scoffed laugh falling from her.

"I'm sorry Easy, to answer your question, no I'm not meeting anyone at lest no one special."

Old 12-01-2009 at 10:49 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

Easy was uncertain why he tended to feel that whomever he was with might want to be somewhere else. Too often, he was sure that he was a "filler", someone temporary who simply happened to be available at the moment. He wished that he could be like Rozaliya Donkova, who had told him that he should take what he wanted. Actually, the few times he had tried that had led to humiliation and emotional wounds that still hurt. He wasn't the forceful, demanding sort, and people seemed to realize that. He was the one who had to practically beg for affection and attention though it had not seemed like that when he was on the city streets back home. There were times when he walked into a bar or nightspot that he knew he was the focus of attention. Was it because that youthful quality was gone? Or, did those in Paris merely find his type completely forgettable?

He had tried to make a joke of it: that he would be going home alone. But, it hurt to know it was the truth. Hadn't he stood drunkenly in the midst of the crowd at La Valhalla and offered himself to anyone who was interested? He had been half-carried out of there by the ever-patient Lilith Eytinge, who had never spoken of this humiliating moment of rejection. The question continued to gnaw at him: What wasn't right about him? Why wasn't he wanted? pursued? desired? Staring at his reflection in his bedroom mirror had yielded no answers. If he was not desirable, if he was not attractive, what was he?

Evea seemed as distracted as he was, and he understood when she told him, "Trying to lose myself. Trying to forget." He could only nod. Then, she stopped dancing, startling him into full awareness. "And as for going home alone..." He followed the direction of her gaze to where the bouncer was standing near the door. "I wouldn't in truth know the difference, for all I ever am is alone." At that, she shook her head and laughed softly. "I'm sorry. Easy. To answer your question, no I'm not meeting anyone at lest no one special."

"Are you like me, Evea? Drifting? Moving around but not goin' much of anywhere? No roots. Nothin' to anchor you anyplace. Never belonging." He tried coaxing her back into a dance then realized that he had lost the desire to continue. Instead, he motioned back toward the table. "Maybe we need some drinks, huh? Never did it much till I came to Paris. Had a great fake ID, but that was so I could get by bein' in bars and places like that. You want to sit down or dance some more?" He hesitated then, because of that doubt that he was worth anyone's time, had to say, "You don't have to stay with me, Evea. You were on your own when I butted in, right? Who knows what gorgeous guy you might have met, right?" His laughter was throaty, soft as velvet. It sounded convincing to his ears, and he hoped that it would lighten the mood for Evea, who seemed so somber, as if there was some great tragedy she was concealing. For all he knew, there was. After all, they knew so little about each other. Is that what he seemed to others? Did they find him a mystery worth solving or just a big bore due to all the baggage he dragged around with him? Did anyone ever know how he or she was perceived by others?

Old 12-07-2009 at 12:57 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Evea Perry

Alone, it wasn't a word that people would use to decried Evea Perry for she always seemed to have people around her even if they where there for all the wrong reasons. Most would say she was popular, desired and craved and though those maybe true if you looked beyond skin deep you'd find ALONE was the perfect word.

Even now as she was held in Easy's arms she felt the blackness of her life closing in, the long trail of footsteps she had left behind outweighing the pause by a fair amount and now even as she spoke the truth, telling Easy she was trying to forget herself she couldn't help but remember.

She hadn't noticed the reaction Easy played as she stopped the dancing, her eyes scanning the face of the bouncer and shacking her head telling Easy that she was alone despite everything in her life that lead to believe otherwise, a small laugh unable to help but fall.

"Are you like me, Evea? Drifting? Moving around but not goin' much of anywhere? No roots. Nothin' to anchor you anyplace. Never belonging."

Her gaze quickly returned to him, for that was it in a nut shell save maybe for the roots, for she knew where she was meant to be though her leaves where forced to scatter love, nor family being a course to fight for and change her way of life and as for belonging... she'd never belong not if people knew the truth.

As Easy tried to coach her back into the dance she could tell his heart and mind frame weren't in it and she prayed she wasn't the course for bringing him down.

"Maybe we need some drinks, huh? Never did it much till I came to Paris. Had a great fake ID, but that was so I could get by bein' in bars and places like that. You want to sit down or dance some more?"

A tiny smile played across her lips upon hearing his words about the I.D it was a normal thing as was wanting to get into bars the sing of "UNALLOWED" being so tempting, it was normal teenager behavior. Or so she had been told.

"A drink would be good" she mumbled more to herself then Easy falling back into the table seat without thought.

"You don't have to stay with me, Evea. You were on your own when I butted in, right? Who knows what gorgeous guy you might have met, right?"

His laughter once again brought her back around her blue deep eyes meeting his golden ones, the tiger like eyes a sigh passed her lips.

"And who says I haven't already? Besides I don't think I can handle anymore men in my life right now, I'm having enough trouble with the ones already in it."

She stopped then taking a rather large sip of the drink that had still been on the table from before.

"Also you didn't butt in Easy, in fact you made my night, you helped me forget for a little while and it helped more then I can say."

A few deep breathes slowly in and out she biting on her lower lip for a moment.

"Tell me Easy have you decided yet, whether to run or stay? Have you picked to face your past or... or are you still turning a blind eye?"

Old 12-09-2009 at 11:48 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Easy "Cat" Tanner

Easy hadn't minded when Evea preferred sitting to dancing for a while. Perhaps they would try it again after a couple of drinks, when they were~as Rafe Chancery phrased it~mellow. He had made the demeaning remark knowing that some considered him a gorgeous guy, but, after all, he obviously wasn't everyone's type. In fact, he had struggled throughout his stay in Paris to find those who did find him appealing. The scarcity of lovers was distressing and downright frightening, and there had been times that he had questioned his appearance. It left him longing for his old life in which he had been pursued, threateningly at times, with any number of people wanting to possess him. Here... His throat clenched achingly, and he gritted his teeth at the surge of pain of knowing that he was not wanted, and being desirable, for the youth, was his only worth. Not even having a place in the orchestra could convince him of his value beyond his body. Any other violinist would do, and he certainly would never be missed except by those of the harsh glances and cruel words. They would have to target someone else then.

But, Evea would have none of the self-deprecation. "And who says I haven't already? Besides I don't think I can handle anymore men in my life right now, I'm having enough trouble with the ones already in it." Well, his appearance met her approval, but she obviously did not see him as any sort of contender for her appetites. It was just as well, he supposed, but he envied her obvious oversupply of suitors. "Also you didn't butt in Easy. In fact you made my night, you helped me forget for a little while and it helped more then I can say."

He made a little noise, accompanied by a rueful smile, accepting her reassurance. He watched as she bit at her lip, something he tended to do when troubling thoughts happened along or when he was trying not to say things best left unsaid. So, he waited till she spoke again.

"Tell me Easy have you decided yet, whether to run or stay? Have you picked to face your past or... or are you still turning a blind eye?"

The tawny eyes met her gaze levelly at first. "Blind eye? Don't think I ever did that, did I? Don't have to face my past 'cause it's so close I still touch it." Then, he looked away to pick up the glass of strong, spicy drink, taking several sips before he continued, speaking just loudly enough to be heard over the music~Harlem Nocturne, he recognized, a sultry, seductive melody that reminded him of roaming the streets into the night, with no direction, no destination and no assurance that he would see the sun rise. How could he want that so much? How could he need it desperately, enough to consider giving up everything here? "I~I want to go back~to California~where they want me, Evea, where I~I..." It was his turn to bite at his lip, a hard nip at the full underlip, making him catch his breath at the sensation. "I don't know if I c-can handle it much longer. You got too many guys? Lately, I haven't had anyone. In all the time I been in Paris..." He leaned back against the seat, eyes tightly shut, struggling to breathe, feeling the panic within. His arms rested at his sides, his fingers flexing, digging into the plush seating as if he intended to claw his way through. The terror was almost more than he could bear at times. Even his explorations of the dark side of the city often left him discontented and more frustrated than when he had begun his nightly journey. Back home in California... It would be different there. He could do without the money and the house, couldn't he? He could quickly forget about this life he was half-heartedly creating in a place that did not truly want him. He was almost certain of that. He could let go of Sanctuary, which had failed to live up to the name the three of them had dubbed it with such great hopes.

It seemed a very long time before he could trust his voice again. "Yeah," he said softly. "I'm a real mess~still." Turning his head slightly, he gazed at her through half-lidded eyes. "Guess I'm what they'd call a lost cause. Most everybody wants me to be somebody I'm not. They don't wanna know Easy the Alleycat. They want to pretend he doesn't exist. They want to think Cat's been~I dunno~tamed? People want to change you, Evea? Nah. Or else you wouldn't be havin' trouble with too many guys in your life. They must like what they see, huh?" The smile was barely there, quite feeble, he was certain, but it was the best he could muster. Perhaps the liquor was beginning to have some effect. If he didn't watch it, he'd be standing in the middle of Note Bleue offering himself to anyone, as he had at La Valhalla. Probably get the same results, too, Cat: nothin'!

Old 01-23-2010 at 12:21 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

OCC: I am so sorry for the delay in my reply to this thread but with heat, being sick and all well I just wasn't in the right mind frame now...

Evea Perry

As the music played on Evea felt it turn and bend from a light somewhat cheerful note to a dull empty sound, as if not playing at all... of course that could just have been because of the mind set she was in.

When Easy had offered up a seat and another chance for a drink Evea pretty much jump on the wagon, she didn't drink much but now, now it seemed to be the key to an escape Easy helping to be the rest.

He had said something about her maybe hooking up with a handsome man Evea wondering for a moment just what his idea of handsome was? For his golden eyes had always captured her, always pulled her in and he had a kind soul what could be more handsome then that?

Okay so maybe she herself hadn't made a pass at him but she was sure that someone looked upon him with lust filled eyes. She remembered her own childhood though lust not being everything for maybe, just maybe it was all Evrard looked twice at her for but she wasn't going to dwell there, she had after all come here to forget.

She didn't see the look that come about Easy's face then to far gone in her own thoughts that her own cryptic question had a hidden meaning. It was on Easy's shoulder's to make a choice now and maybe not just for himself though he'd never know otherwise. The question being, whether to stay or go?

"Blind eye? Don't think I ever did that, did I? Don't have to face my past 'cause it's so close I still touch it."

His eyes had come up to meet hers at first when he had spoken but like hers as she nodded her understanding they quickly seemed to drift.

"I~I want to go back~to California~where they want me, Evea, where I~I..."

And there was her answer, as he paused, but still a riddle was in wrapped. He was wanted home, needed where as she herself could have said the same thing but for all the wrong reasons.

"I don't know if I c-can handle it much longer. You got too many guys? Lately, I haven't had anyone. In all the time I been in Paris..."

A look of sheer surprise crossed her face when hearing this, hardly believing the words but she kept her mouth shut, not feeling it her place to say anything besides if he where leaving he'd only be leaving behind a broken heart, maybe even two.

It was a long time before they spoke again, each seeming lost in there own thoughts. Maybe it was best if she didn't give her heart away, hearts after all, weren't meant to be broken though hers would no doubt not know the difference a sigh passing her lips at the thought.

"Yeah,"

The simple word braking the silence.

"I'm a real mess~still."

She felt his eyes upon her then but only glanced his way her eyes still locking onto the table trying to hold back the mixed feelings that splayed out upon them.

"Guess I'm what they'd call a lost cause. Most everybody wants me to be somebody I'm not. They don't wanna know Easy the Alleycat. They want to pretend he doesn't exist. They want to think Cat's been~I dunno~tamed? People want to change you, Evea? Nah. Or else you wouldn't be havin' trouble with too many guys in your life. They must like what they see, huh?"

"But for all the wrong reasons." Her voice finally spoke at last a small soft voice with so much sadness in it. "Being wanted isn't everything, in fact it can be a curse you get hurt so many times because you believe that you can trust someone with your whole heart because they say all the right things, say they fear losing you to another and yet...yet they don't really care"

She looked up then her eyes holding back the tears she had been holding back all night.

"People do want to change me Easy, in truth no one's ever seen the real me if they did...if they did I'd know. But you, you seem to have a choice maybe, maybe you need to decide and try again for believe me you have much to be desired for."

Old 01-24-2010 at 11:22 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

OOC: I always figure that it's better late than never. I love finishing scenes and am always disappointed by dropped ones. So: Welcome back, at least to Note Bleue! BIC:

Easy "Cat" Tanner

There was no way around it: He envied Evea for her problem with too many lovers, too many entanglements. She was pursued. She did not have to beg, plead to be touched and used. She was wanted.

"But for all the wrong reasons," she told him, her voice soft and sad. "Being wanted isn't everything, in fact it can be a curse you get hurt so many times because you believe that you can trust someone with your whole heart because they say all the right things, say they fear losing you to another and yet...yet they don't really care."

But, he didn't want them to care, did he? He just wanted to be used, to be satisfied, to be able to sleep peacefully, not necessarily in anyone's arms. He had to admit that, on occasion, it had been nice to awaken being held. Yet, he could not envision himself with one person, could not promise anyone loyalty. Perhaps some were never meant for a settled life. Strat and Phaedra Tanner apparently were suited to each other, and he supposed they still were together. He could not imagine them apart. Were they in love? What emotion kept them together if not for that? Was he so twisted that he was incapable of loving or being loved? He thought that he had felt something very near that for several people: Lilith, Iah and even Lazare Moreau, who could never be anything to him but a teacher. As he studied Evea while deep in these thoughts, he noted how her eyes glistened with threatening tears. He was certain of that because he had seen that look in his own eyes while looking into a mirror, seeking some fault in that reflection. He knew that even now his eyes burned with tears of frustration.

"People do want to change me, Easy. In truth no one's ever seen the real me. If they did...if they did I'd know. But you, you seem to have a choice maybe, maybe you need to decide and try again for believe me you have much to be desired for."

With a stricken look, Easy tried to find the words to respond, feeling that, as usual, he was at odds with someone who could never understand him. Perhaps he was such a mess that it was impossible for them to comprehend how damaged he was. The facade seemed attractive enough. He should have all of the lovers he craved, shouldn't he? So, why was he in such an agony of loneliness, starving for touch and to reach out to someone?

"Life's nothin' if I ain't wanted, Evea. Back home, I walked into a bar or~or just about any place, and people wanted me~the right kind. Only, most people would say they were the wrong kind and that I'm mixed up with what I want. But, I'm not! I oughtta know by now what I am. I'm not a musician or a dancer or a singer. I'm nothin' but..." The pain struck so deeply and painfully that he had to close his eyes tightly, once more digging his fingers clawlike into the fabric. "I used to think I was good for one thing, what people told me most of my life. But, here in Paris, they don't think so. Hardly anybody has touched me, Evea. Rozaliya, she said I should just take what I want, like she does. Only, that don't work. I reach out, and they push me away~most of them anyway. I don't know how to take what I want, how to fight for it. Maybe it's different for women. Maybe... Maybe I'm just too twisted up."

Somehow, he managed to open his eyes to look at her again, finding himself torn in his impulses. It would be so simple to reach out for her, to find a moment's pleasure. But, it would do little to soothe his agony and would convince Evea that she was what he wished to be: used. He clearly saw the irony. Evea would be a substitute, and he would be yet another male who had betrayed her. At least, he supposed so. They had begun by flirting in the library then turned into some sort of mentor/pupil when it came to photography. What were they now? Roza likely would pounce, taking pleasure wherever it was to be found, whether offered or not. He thought that perhaps that had been Lazare's attitude with women though it seemed that they used him. That could have been because he wanted to excuse the man's behavior. He could forgive him anything. But, Lazare had gone away, along with Iah and Lily. Gone, too, was Jules.

"What'm I gonna do, Evea?" Once more, he closed his eyes, his hands tightening into fists. "Stupid!" he hissed at himself, teeth clenched. "Stupid Cat!" Then, suddenly, he began to laugh throatily, thinking how childish he must seem to this woman, a boy throwing a tantrum because he couldn't have what he wanted. He was a joke! Life had made him a walking joke, a ridiculous creature that people probably scorned, breathing a sigh of relief when he was out of their sight. His eyes snapped open, and he sat up, reaching for his glass, downing what was left of the fiery liquid, setting down the glass so hard that he was surprised it didn't shatter. Then, he turned toward Evea, stretching out his right hand for a handful of the golden tresses, drawing her to him, into a fierce kiss, as if in defiance of his cautionary thoughts.

OOC: Oh my! I didn't expect that! BIC: