The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Beneath The Opera House
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 07-25-2011 at 07:05 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [61] »

Chianna Mimieux

Chianna kept swimming backward, not wanting to turn around completely to swim away. Turning her back on the intruder would leave her totally exposed. She couldn't have that happen. She was in enough danger as it was in the lake, alone with the intruder. Where had he come from? He was a ghost. He came through the walls. He came from under the water. He came from nowhere. Chianna hadn't heard any noise above the water until he splashed in.

"Excuse moi!"

Chianna's eyes widened and she began swimming faster. She was panicking. Get away from me, get away from me, go away, leave me... Her breathing was irregular.

"Please, little one, I did not mean any harm!" English. Chianna tried to understand the words. She barely grasped them. They were simple words. It didn't matter. She was escaping. "Menina, do not be afraid of me. I work here~at the Opera House." It was taking her longer than usual to understand. Her mind was pounding, trying to work her arms and legs faster and harder so that she would be safe. She could only see a little bit in here. It was dim. How fare was the edge? It was close, oui? Please be close.

"A janitor. That is all I am, not some fearsome beast. Only Dorian..." Her back hit the edge and she clasped onto it with her cold, wet hands. Please, Menina, I shall go and leave you alone."

Leave alone? She definitely understood that. She stuck to the edge, keeping her sharp eyes locked on the intruder. He looked large and dark. He was a demon for sure. But he didn't sound like a demon. She knew demon voices and this didn't sound like it. Chianna clenched her teeth and only stared. Her muscles were tense, ready to pull her up at a moment's notice in case the semi-demon made to attack.

"I am leaving now... He said something after that, but she didn't understand. Leaving. He was leaving. Go away, Intruder. "I apologize. I was rude and...
"
Chianna didn't catch the last word. She didn't care to. But what was this intruder doing? He wasn't going to get her? Why? Chianna wanted him to leave, but she also wanted to know.

"What-" Chianna struggled with her English words "- what are you doing here?" She shouted at him, angry and curious. "Why intr- interrupt my swimming?" The more flustered she was, the worse her English got.

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 07-25-2011 at 07:18 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [62] »

Dorian Grayson

Dorian had not gotten far when he heard, "What- what are you doing here?" He turned back to look at her, seeing that she had reached the shore, too, but, as he had estimated, a distance from where he had emerged. "Why intr- interrupt my swimming?"

Standing before her, Dorian brought his shoe-bearing hands together before him in a begging gesture. "Fun," was all he could think to say at first. "I saw you swimming, and I wished to join you. I thought that it would be a fun thing to do, the two of us swimming together. It reminded me of when I was a boy. Sometimes I forget that I have grown to be such a man. I forget that some look at me and might fear me. I never meant to frighten you, Menina. I~I was looking for things among the props for my new home. Yes! I have a home now! This is something wonderful! I was tired, warm, dirty, and this seemed so inviting. I wanted to join you. It was thoughtless of me. Now, if I have not ruined it for you, I will go, little one. I am sorry."

Having had his say, he lowered his hands and, feeling nearly as weary as when he had arrived, turned once more to leave.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2011 at 06:08 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [63] »

Chianna Mimieux

The water was suddenly cold. It was black and swirling and the walls were moving in and moving out. The Intruder was ruining everything. He was knocking it all off balance. Chianna wanted time alone, but then this demon, who claimed to be something else, interrupted her time. It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair, but this wasn't fair. Go away, go away. And never come back. Chianna wanted to run away, even leave her clothes if she had to. She wanted to know first, though. Or else she'd be haunted by the Intruder the whole day long. And she didn't need that. No no no, she didn't need that at all.

Her fingers gripped the edge as best she could. Her palm kept slipping against the wet surface. "Fun," Fun? She knew the word. Fun? She came here to be by herself and this Intruder's answer was "fun?"

"I saw you swimming, and... to join you... would be a fun thing to do, the two of us swimming... It reminded me of when I was a boy. Sometimes I forget...ave grown to be such a man. I forget that some look at me and might fear me. I... frighten you... I~I was looking for things... the props for my new home. Yes! I have a home now! This is something wonderful! I was tired... dirty, and this seemed so inviting. I wanted to join you. It was... of me. Now, if I... ruined it for you, I will go, little one. I am sorry."

What? She couldn't catch it all. The Intruder was too fast for her to understand. What was he talking about? What kind of answer was that? He was a demon. Trying to confuse her. To get her. He was going to harm her? No? Fun. He said fun. Remember? Yes. And... join. He said 'join,' too. ... Join you... Yes, that's what he said. And... He said that word... Sorry. That English word "sorry." Chianna knew what that one meant. She didn't use it often, but she knew what it meant. So... demon? Maybe. Maybe not. She wasn't sure. She didn't know how she could be sure.

"Stop!" Chianna held out a hand, palm open. Stop? "Stop." She said a little quieter. Stop? "Here." Chianna put her hand on the ground in front of where she was wading. "Come. Come here." What are you doing? Sh. But he is a demon? Sh. I need a closer look.

She put her arms on the surface, keeping the majority of the rest of her body in the water. If she needed to escape, she could not anymore. So what are you doing?

A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2011 at 09:53 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [64] »

Dorian Grayson

Once more, he had moved only a little way away when the girl spoke again: "Stop!" The word echoed in the chamber, the only other sound the water disturbed by her movements. He turned to face her as, more quietly, she repeated, "Stop." He nodded, his expression one of expectation. "Here," she said, resting her hand on the ground in front of her. "Come. Come here." It wasn't quite a command, yet he obeyed without question, dropping the shoes to approach her, going to his knees while yet an arm's distance remained between them. His hands rested on his legs as he bent slightly toward her~not near enough to seem threatening but close enough that she could see his face clearly and look into his eyes if she wished. How clearly she made him recall his time on the streets, a guttersnipe who rarely allowed himself to be lured near, having a vague notion about what could happen to a boy who got careless. He simply had not expected to find a wild, young creature in this habitat. Had she somehow strayed in from the streets and found her way here? That seemed doubtful. Yet, what could she possibly have to do with the Opera House?

"Don't worry, Menina. I will not try to touch you. I am much less dangerous than I might look." He smiled faintly, making sure that he did not bare his teeth. His aura was one of calm, of peacefulness, even of tranquility, as he knew a great deal about body language. Now, if he did nothing for her to misinterpret, perhaps their meeting would end better than it had begun.

Old 08-17-2011 at 05:53 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [65] »

Chianna Mimieux

A shiver shook her shoulders and wiggled its way down her spine to her toes, which were curling and uncurling in the water. They brushed against the wall as she steadied herself against the ledge. Sand, dirt, dust stuck to her wet skin. Another shiver. It snaked across her upper back, rattling the arms, making her fingers twitch. Her index finger jerked and she pressed her lips together. Chianna faced downward, but looked up at him, scared. Scared. Confused. Curious. Curious cat. Paws on the ground. Hair on end. Meow.

Chianna couldn't take her eyes off the Intruder. The hair stuck around her face was trapping her head, but she didn't move to push it away. Push it away like a cat. Meow. No, she'd wait until the Intruder stopped moving. He had to start moving first. She told him to come over. Would he come over? Chianna wasn't sure. It would be better if he ran away, like a cat chased by a dog. Chianna was the dog. The *****. But she wanted him to stay, too, so that she could see him, measure him with her eyes and head. Maybe so she could touch him, too. Feel his Intruder skin, that black Intruder hair, the Intruder muscles in the Intruder arms and chest. Feel with her wet fingers dotted with sand.

He dropped his shoes. Chianna didn't wince. She wanted to, but no, she didn't. She couldn't be distracted. Chianna swallowed, shifted her arms. Shiver again. She pushed herself back a little so that her fingers were just gripping the edge, putting more distance between her and the Intruder. What was he going to do? He could do anything. He was up there. She was down here. Chianna could swim away anywhere. She didn't know how big the lake was, where it went, how deep it was. Could she swim to the bottom? He couldn't reach- maybe he could. If he was a demon, it wouldn't matter where or how far she swam.

The Intruder knelt down. Hand on his upper knee. Chianna looked upward at him still. She knit her brows, bit her cheek, kept her self afloat on the black water. Black as his hair. "Don't worry, Menina. I will not try to touch you. I am much less dangerous than I might look."

What was he calling her? He was saying a name, but she couldn't make it out, couldn't understand it. Dangerous. Much less dangerous. English was a strange language. She fought the urge to spout into French because she wanted to learn more about this Intruder. She pulled herself against the edge and put her arms on the ground again. She tilt her head and looked at those Intruder eyes. It wasn't bright in here, so the eyes looked black. Black as the water. Black as his hair. Black with something else in there, swirling, settling, sleeping, waking. She could just see it, like a grey shadow.

Chianna extended her hand. It was a few inches from his leg. She could almost touch him. She could almost feel if he was real or if he was in her head. Reality was her enemy. Her hand wasn't steady, but it didn't shake too bad. "Take it. My hand." Her words were slow. Her mouth formed them slowly. It was more for herself than for the Intruder. English was never her best.

Old 08-17-2011 at 09:33 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [66] »

Dorian Grayson

Dorian could sense that thought processes must be ticking away though her surface remained serene. After all, didn't they say that still waters run deep? He must go in baby steps.

"Take it. My hand," she said quietly, and he considered that quite a major step, leaving toddling behind.

Still, he moved very slowly, sliding his right hand down from its place on his thigh to the cold, wet ground, moving it in under her hand so that it would lie on the back of his. This close, he wondered if she could see the odd paleness of his eyes and whether or not she would find that disconcerting. Some were taken aback by the strangeness, while others had been drawn to him. Which would this be?

"I have been like you, little girl, a wild creature, wary of people. When I swam with you, I was that boy again. I sometimes forget how I have changed~become a man. I am Dorian." Had he said this before? He could not recall perhaps because so many times he had said this name or another. "May I know your name?"

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 05-08-2017 at 06:17 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [67] »

OOC: For Damon and Evea. A continuation from the Courtyard. Sorry if its short. BIC:

Damon Caffrey

The adrenaline coursing through Damon helped him spring through the underground with Evea trailing behind him, his leg occasionally flaring up where she had stabbed him in the thigh. All Damon could think about was putting enough distance between the man he had stabbed in the shoulder and where they would end up to stop and look at Damon’s leg. Evea seemed to have a better idea of where they were going than he did and occasionally she would shout out a direction ordering him to go right or left. After some time Damon had no idea where they were, turns looked the same and he was certain that had passed that broken brick before. Perhaps the wound in his leg was bleeding a little bit more than was safe for them to be running away from someone who wanted to kill them. Finally Damon came to stop at the edge of a lake. It amused him that it was here and he looked back at Evea who had stopped a few steps away from him and was catching her breath.

Damon walked over to the water and splashed his face with it, trying to clear his head as he attempted to think through the pain as he sat back and stared at the water thoughtfully, his heart finally seeming to slow as he realized that they were safe and could finally rest. The last time he was caught in a situation like this had been when he had been arrested. He had requested to meet with a judge instead of before a jury. He had contacted Mozzy to purchase and open a bakery just below the window where Damon intended to meet with a man. Conveniently, the judge’s air conditioning had been out and so he had opened the window. Damon had opened the meeting by asking what his sentence would likely be. When the meeting was basically over but before the guards could reenter the room Damon had walked over to the window to act as if he was looking at the city before he winked at the judge and threw himself out of the window down onto the awning below. He landed on his feet on the sidewalk below the awning and looked around, smiled at the FBI agents who were standing on the sidewalk thirty feet from him. He straightened his jacket and ran for a van that was parked across the street and it was then that he had felt a bullet graze his thigh. He dove into the truck and instantly removed the bottom and slid out the other side and rolled under the other car, removed the bottom and waited. He heard the sirens following the black van down the road and up into Manhattan.

Yet Damon lived for that kind of adrenaline rush. The feeling that made his heart pound and aroused him to the point that the need almost consumed him. He even smiled to himself now as he rubbed his leg subconsciously, recalling the phantom of pain of the bullet graze. He looked over at Evea who was gazing at him with concerned eyes. “Evea… stop looking at me like I’m dying…. I’m fine.” He said indifferently as he felt his limbs beginning to shake from a combination of the cold and the shock. “Maybe next time you should watch your aim…” He, said indifferently, no amused in the slightest by how their afternoon of training had turned out.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 05-08-2017 at 08:15 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [68] »

Evea Perry

Run, hide, don't stop running and never EVER look back... these were the thoughts that ran through Evea's head as she followed the bleeding footsteps of Damon. Each footfall forever seemed to echo making her heart beat that much louder until she was convinced even that echoed.

The maze of the underground was bad enough, one wrong move and it could quickly become like the Minotaur maze without even a slight chance of running across the ball of golden thread making the chance of running into the monster all the better. Still, even as they ran Evea found herself calling out away to go, right, left, straight ahead. NEVER run in a straight line, zig and zag as much as you can and even double back.

She could feel at one point that Damon was growing tired though of her orders or because of his leg she wasn't quite sure and knew better than the ask him. Instead, when he stopped, she stopped right near the water's edge through a few feet behind, bent over, catching breath.

It was as she did this that her nose picked up the smell of blood again, her eyes seeming glued to the wound, ever since that day, so long ago... concern filled her eyes.

“Evea… stop looking at me like I’m dying…. I’m fine."

And even though his voice gave nothing away she could see the toll. The shaking of injured limb the coldness that she knew all to well from the loss of blood.

“Maybe next time you should watch your aim…”

Upon those words an anger sparked the course for taking a few cleansing breaths.

"My aim was fine. Keller would be dead if he hadn't have flipped you at the last moment, be grateful of my aim and that the knife stuck otherwise you'd have an even bigger hole in your leg to match the hole you call a mouth."

It was then that she let out another breath masking it as a sigh.

"You should sit down and let me have a look at it, we don't need you dripping all over the place." She spoke aloud while whispering to herself "and leaving a trail anyone could follow" "Sit"

As she waited for him to do so her fingers and eyes traveled over the walls each spider's home becoming something of interest but first...

Taking another of her knives out she cut into the fabric that was her clothing to then rip it into a long length of cloth even as her skin came to lay bear.

"Are you going to let me patch you up or am I going to have to wait until you pass out from that shivering?"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 05-21-2017 at 07:24 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [69] »

OOC: Dusts off Damon muse. BIC:

Damon Caffrey

Damon hated being pitied. He had spent a good portion of his life basically on his own. He could still remember when the police officers had come to his family’s door when he had been almost four, as one of his first memories it was a difficult one to deal with. He and Elena had been playing in the front room with a model train set. He was explaining to his twin sister why trains had cabooses and that was when the knock had come. Eager for visitors both he and Elena and run to the door to answer it, their mother appearing behind them. Two police officers stood there looking very uncomfortable and they informed them that Damon’s father had died… his best friend who he had spent hours with, watching him work on cars and fix things around the house. The man he told himself he wanted to be like, was gone. Damon wasn’t sure what happened after that. He remembered his mother closing the door and taking her two children in her arms and sobbing. Damon felt his own tears come and he waited for his mom to say it would be okay but she never did. Instead, when Damon and Elena woke up the next morning, most of their house was packed and suitcases were by the door. That was the day Damon and his family entered the witness protection program under the pretense that his father had been murdered by a corrupt cop.

But it was a lie. When Damon was seventeen his father’s old partner came to visit his family and she told him that his father was alive. That when Damon had been a child his father had murdered two cops and thwarted an investigation and been forced to run. Diane, his partner, had been accomplice to the whole thing and made sure that James’ family completely believed that he had died. Up until that moment Damon had been wanting to be a cop, especially after the death of h is twin sister who had killed herself shortly after being sent to a mental hospital for the early signs of schizophrenia. How she had gotten ahold of a gun Damon would never know but he would always remember the moment she had pulled the trigger right in front of him. The following week Damon had dropped out of high school, packed his things, and left for LA. When he got off the train in the middle of LA he’d had no idea what he was doing but he knew he just didn’t want to be haunted by the memory of his father anymore. It was as he drank coffee at a café that he met Dalan Louis, a man that forged false identities and overnight he became George Devore and used his artistic skills to sell forged paintings as authentic. Thus began his conning career, an attempt to leave behind a life of lies of and constant change; one of inconsistency and uncertainty. As a con artist, Damon had been determined to take back his life and take control of it. From then on, his life was completely his.

But every once in a while things would happen that would make Damon pause and wonder how he had arrived to the place he was at. As he stood beside the water, the blood flowing freely down his leg he found himself caught in one of those moments. The Russian girl who had been nothing but a complication to his rather straight forward and exciting life. It was like a tarnish on a beautiful piece of art. Though one could acknowledge that the painting was intricate and beautiful, that spot drew the eye and distracted from the overall piece. Damon wasn’t sure when she would cease to be a thorn in his side yet he also had to admit to himself that he had saved her from Keller in that moment because he knew the man’s intentions and the last thing he could have done was to sit back and watch him have his way with her. Damon might be a con artist by choice but he had a conscious and prided himself in his honestly in most aspects of his life. Though the woman standing behind him would be the last to defend Damon and his tendencies toward honesty. She hated him and it made him wonder even more why he done what he had done, especially since it had resulted in him being stabbed and ruining one of his favorite pairs of pants. He glanced down at the rip and new that they were beyond repair, besides it would take far too much work to get the stain out.

Finally Damon told Evea to stop looking at him like he was dying. Even as he said though he could feel himself beginning to shake from the combination of the blood lose, the draining of the adrenaline from his body, and the cold from being thrown into the water with Keller. He wasn’t sure he would be able to climb out of the underground if Evea suddenly found stairs and suggested such a thing. Regardless of that he loathed the look of pity in her eyes. Hoping to get rid of it he criticized her aim and it did what he wanted, the pity replaced by anger and hatred. That was better. "My aim was fine. Keller would be dead if he hadn't have flipped you at the last moment, be grateful of my aim and that the knife stuck otherwise you'd have an even bigger hole in your leg to match the hole you call a mouth." she said and Damon smiled, his back to still to her. Her attempts to insult him were almost cute, endearing in a way. Underneath he could see the concern and worry. She was an open book "You should sit down and let me have a look at it, we don't need you dripping all over the place." she said sternly and Damon turned away from the water and walked over to her, staring down at her as she seemed to look around the room with interest. He wondered what she was thinking and tried to ignore the throbbing in his leg. "Sit" She ordered and Damon was half tempted not to sit just to annoy her but he could feel his leg beginning to go weak even as he stood there and soon it would collapse under his weight despite his deepest desires to bother and frustrate her. "Are you going to let me patch you up or am I going to have to wait until you pass out from that shivering?" she asked and Damon realized that he had turned his attention toward the water again.

When he looked back down at Evea he realized that she had removed her shirt and cut it into strips. He smiled, the curve of her waist and shape of her breasts clear even in the darkness. He sat down slowly and painfully and the moment he was off his feet the shaking began more intensely especially in his hands. He could tell by the look on her face that she wanted him to remove his pants so that she could see the wound. “If you want to see me naked Evea… all you have to do is ask…I’m happy to oblige… “he said with a wink even as he struggled with the button of his pants because of the way he was shaking. He then fell silent, using his hands to brace himself and watch her as she examined the wound. It was a deep flesh wound, the skin around the gash had already started to lose its color and look somewhat infected, likely because the filthiness of the water that had entered the moment Evea had thrown the knife and opened the wound. The moment she began to wrap it, the wound was so tender that he grabbed her wrist and pushed her hand away. “Watch it… I wasn’t dying before but you just might kill…” he said harshly and angrily, his blue eyes meeting hers and he could see the anger in her eyes mingled with the damn concern. He knew that he wouldn’t be going anywhere for a while and had a feeling it was going to be a long night.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 05-21-2017 at 08:48 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [70] »

Evea Perry

The memories that flooded through her head in that moment where the ones of a living nightmare the sight of blood, the smell of it to this day she couldn't understand why some claimed that it had no smell. At the moment she could feel it overtaking her other senses the smell, like rusting cooper the taste though none was near her mouth it was still there haunting.

As her gaze fell onto Damon she couldn't help but feel conflicted even more so when he started at her again, sparking that flame of anger that he always seemed to poke at making whatever pity or concern she had for him waver. Still, it wasn't enough to die.

Instead, she held onto that small rekindled spark the one that let force enter her voice, let her get on with what needed doing and get a little but back at him with a few choice words. He had always been the stronger, the leader....the master but now his body shaking even behind her turned back the role was changing.

Though he tried to hide it she could hear it as his body slowly lost its strength, her fingertips brushing over the scar on her shoulder, the bullet wound. It was what made her wonder how she was going to keep him warm even as she tore, cut her shirt into strips knew that his pants would have to be removed, her eyes falling to them.

“If you want to see me naked Evea… all you have to do is ask…I’m happy to oblige… “

Shaking her head she let out a breath watching him, seeing the paleness that was quickly taking over the otherwise tannedness of his skin.

"I know, you'd take your pants off for just about any girl." she shot back instead, taking a hold of his leg making a start at the cut.

Holding her breath, the smell, the sight getting to her she forced her fingers to work for the moment she'd let the cloth soak up some of the blood, try to put pressure on it, later, when she knew she'd have to change the dressing she'd once again debate about the spiders web.

It was as she was debating with herself that she heard him wince, felt him move beneath her fingers his hand striking out to stop hers.

“Watch it… I wasn’t dying before but you just might kill…”

Anger filled his voice but not as much as what entered hers in that moment.

"If I wanted you dead I would have killed you years ago when you tossed me away." She stated tying off the knot her anger dying off a little even as her chest rose and fell quickly as her heart rate tried to calm down "Why did you do it, why did you use me and yet keep pushing me away?"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote