The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold Literary Genius
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: April | Gender: female | Age: 33 | Posts: 135 | Roses: 10
Old 08-30-2011 at 06:59 AM
wandering child
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I read it, though borrowing and returning i to the library several times is a must since it's hard to read it in the time allowed. But I do love that book. The only thing I don't like about it is that it goes on forever about some things that are barely tied to the central plot and the main characters. Although that isn't always unenjoyable. Take the part that tells all about the bishop for example. His main role in the story is to turn ValJean's life around but we don't really need his whole life's story, but it was amazing to read about just what a saint he was.

In sleep he sang to me
wandering child's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 09-02-2011 at 04:29 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

I read it cover to cover and loved it!! Granted, it was the abridged version, but still, it was not only a good character preparation since my school is doing the show, but it was one of those books that just stuck with me. I found it moving and riveting and incredibly true to human nature. I wish people could still write novels this compelling these days. I mean, I know they do, but it takes a lot of digging to get to it.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote