Name: Megan (Meg) | Gender: Female | Age: 22 | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 04-06-2017 at 12:50 PM
little.giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Phantom Tattoo Question!  Post [1]

Hey! Wasn't sure exactly where to post this so mods if i'm wrong feel free to move it for me or let me know!

Anyways, i'm getting a phantom tattoo soon wooooo! And i want some opinions. I'm trying to decide between two quotes for it.

"You alone can make my song take flight" I love this one because first of all that line at the end in the final lair scene always breaks my heart, and secondly I really feel it embodies how Erik feels about Christine (and i'm a big erik/christine shipper lol so) it really just sums up how much he loves her and that she's his only thing to really live for and care about.

OR

"Listen to the music of the night" this one i love just as much, and the meaning of this quote is two-fold. Firstly it is obviously a line from the ALW musical (which is the reason i love Phantom) and is a beautiful one at that, I think it really is his sort of way of saying to Christine that he too can be beautiful, can make things beautiful. Also! in the original novel which I have read i think twice now, Leroux in the end states that "Erik is not truly dead, he lives on within the souls of those who choose to listen to the music of the night."

Not saying i'm gonna do what the popular vote is, just want some feedback (including your reasons if you wouldn't mind) from some fans who know the story well like i do and love it like i do ❤ thanks guys!!!

Erik is not truly dead. He lives on within the souls of those who choose to listen to the music of the night.
little.giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-09-2017 at 06:46 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Hi there! That idea sounds pretty awesome. I'm leaning towards "Listen to the music of the night" myself... However, I haven't seen any edition of Leroux's novel that includes the quote you mentioned. I remember there was something of an online rumor claiming that Leroux said that in an interview, but there doesn't seem to be anything to confirm that. It is a lovely line from the ALW musical, at least, whether or not it has any connection to the novel.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Megan (Meg) | Gender: Female | Age: 22 | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 04-11-2017 at 04:57 PM
little.giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

that's the one i'm going to get! I decided the other sounds too like "in memory" of someone? idk jut felt weird as a tattoo quote. good for edits of erik and christine, but not for a tattoo so much. i didn't ever think to look around and see if that was a real quote or not, i just had always seen it as credited to him, so i figured it was. still think "listen to the music of the night" is best though. i thoughtsbout just doing "music of the night" but that seems kind of off sounding too, idk. Thanks so much!

Erik is not truly dead. He lives on within the souls of those who choose to listen to the music of the night.
little.giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote