Name: Michelle | Gender: n/a | Posts: 42 | Roses: 10
Old 07-09-2016 at 01:55 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

No problem! STILL waiting on the Phantom announcement... but I'll definitely post it here as soon as I hear about it.

In the meantime, found a little video about the auditions for the show. It's in French, but you can hear bits of some of the songs, so that's interesting: http://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loi...16-5937397.php
Knight of Cydonia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2016 at 06:52 PM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Does anyone read french well? In that article I linked I noticed that it said the phantom will be played be someone from Iceland? Or am I completely wrong. Lol. If that's true my best bet is on Gardar Thor Cortes, the current Love Never Dies Phantom in the Hamburg production.

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 09-27-2016 at 08:05 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

So there's been some news... The Phantom's casting was confirmed, and it will be Gardar Thor Cortes (who I'm quite pleased with, from what I've heard of him in other roles). However, there was also bad news -- this past weekend, there was a fire at Théâtre Mogador (where the production was to take place), and the stage and some set pieces were damaged. Thus, the premiere was cancelled and the show's opening delayed until further notice. I hope they'll be able to open before too long, though!

Here was the official announcement in French (on Facebook), and an article about it on BroadwayWorld.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 09-30-2016 at 06:51 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

Finally a definitive statement from the theatre. (Google translation, slightly edited)

Quote:
THEATRE MOGADOR WILL REMAIN CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC IN 2016

"Without prejudging any conclusions that will later be made by the experts, we are now certain that it will not be physically possible to reschedule a show in 2016," said Laurent Bentata.

A few days after the outbreak of fire which affected, among other things, the basement of the Theatre Mogador, technical teams believe that the rehabilitation of damaged items will require several months.

"These were doubly affected by the outbreak of fire and water discharged by the sprinklers"

The CEO of Stage Entertainment International, Mr. Just Spee, made the trip to Paris to assure the French structure of its support and commitment of the group behind Stage Entertainment France.
MarySkater's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 10-01-2016 at 05:32 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

That's really disappointing... Thanks for letting us know. :(

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2016 at 09:00 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

I was in Paris last week. The Mogador Theatre shows no sign of damage at the front, and you can't see the back because it's shut in with other buildings. The theatre's name is lit up in neon, the Phantom posters are up outside, and inside the foyer, the promotional videos for the show are running. There is just a small printed notice on the locked door, saying about the fire and the fact that the theatre will not reopen during 2016.

A tour guide told me that most of the Paris theatres run straight plays. Only a couple do musicals, the Mogador being one. Usually, when they mount a musical, it runs for a year and then they change it. Occasionally, if it sells well, they may run it for 2 or 3 years, which happened with The Lion King. The last show at the Mogador was Cats, and in fact a board with the Cats cast list is still visible in the foyer.

The theatre has not put out any new information for weeks, so we still don't know if Phantom will ever run there.

Old 11-17-2016 at 11:02 AM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

The theatre has finally put some new information on their Facebook page, but it's not good news.
Quote:
Mogador: renovation works will take several months

It now seems for certain that the total of necessary interventions to bring the theatre back into operation will take until next summer. We will inform our audience about the date of reopening of the Mogador and will do our very best to do it as soon as possible.

Old 02-15-2017 at 05:16 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

Such a shame about what happened. Repairs are supposed to go until summer this year. I feel so sorry for all the cast and crew for all the time they put in to getting it ready! I wonder if Phantom has any chance of happening now at all at the Mogador. Doesn't sound like it.

Old 02-20-2017 at 04:39 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

Not in the immediate future at the Mogador. The theatre is now booking "Grease" from September 2017.

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 19 | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 02-23-2017 at 03:18 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

Finally! I've been waiting for the musical to get translated into French.

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote