Old 03-17-2007 at 05:51 AM
Cara
Wandering Child
House Patron
The girl that believes

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Hi I'm just a bit confused I'm not sure it's a "problem" but I'm just wondering what happend to the buddy list? Mine seemed to be completely deleted along with the thread subscriber thing so now I'm trying to find all the posts I was in, which isn't easy since some seemed to have moved, and the people on my buddy list so I was just wondering if that was suppose to happen?

*EDIT*
Also I tried to get to this thread http://phantoms-opera.com/showthread...&threadid=1373 and I said that it was invalid.

All hail Erik and Jareth! Leroux gave Erik life, ALW gave him his voice, Kay gave him his soul, and Gerry gave him about 20 million more fans.
If anyone wants to RP just let me know and my banner was made by the awesome MystMoonstruck :3
Cara's Profile Send Private Message Cara's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 03-17-2007 at 10:28 AM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

We still have the buddy lists and subscribed thread, Cara. If you go to your UserCP panal, look down the list on the left. Buddy/Ignore is at the very bottom (under Misc), and SubcribedThreads are about half way up

As for the link, that'll happen a lot. Although your computer will remember the exact thread links, TPO will not. Was that post any one in particular, or just a general link you clicked on? Because it may have been moved during the revamp.

Also, if your looking for posts you've made, click on the Search button that's shown under each of your posts, or in your profile. That'll take you to a list of all your posts so far.

Hope that helps :)
-The Opera Ghost

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cara | Gender: female | Age: 33 | Posts: 147 | Roses: 0
Old 03-17-2007 at 10:53 AM
Cara
Wandering Child
House Patron
The girl that believes

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opera Ghost View Post
We still have the buddy lists and subscribed thread, Cara. If you go to your UserCP panal, look down the list on the left. Buddy/Ignore is at the very bottom (under Misc), and SubcribedThreads are about half way up

As for the link, that'll happen a lot. Although your computer will remember the exact thread links, TPO will not. Was that post any one in particular, or just a general link you clicked on? Because it may have been moved during the revamp.

Also, if your looking for posts you've made, click on the Search button that's shown under each of your posts, or in your profile. That'll take you to a list of all your posts so far.

Hope that helps :)
-The Opera Ghost

Ok that helps with the link thing but the buddy list thing was that while I found WHERE the buddy list was suppose to be there was NO ONE in it even though I had had buddies in there before the revamp, same kind of thing with the threads.

All hail Erik and Jareth! Leroux gave Erik life, ALW gave him his voice, Kay gave him his soul, and Gerry gave him about 20 million more fans.
If anyone wants to RP just let me know and my banner was made by the awesome MystMoonstruck :3
Cara's Profile Send Private Message Cara's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 03-17-2007 at 01:53 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

With the revamp, some things were not transferred over due to technical problems, such as your current members on your buddy list, your subscriptions, etcetera. It was a problem that we could not help, since the most important elements [avatars, posts, threads, members, PM's] were safe.

As with threads, all of the old links will not continue to function. Any thread that was transferred over most likely has a new thread id, which will cause the link to the thread to change. Like Emily said, just use the search feature.

It's also possible that threads were deleted during the revamp, which many were to clean up the forums.

I apologize for any minor inconvienience you've experienced.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cal | Gender: Molly Mormon *snort* | Age: 36 | Posts: 250 | Roses: 0
Old 03-17-2007 at 08:05 PM
BlackDove
Wandering Child
Going Back to the Start...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Steve, right now when I tried to go to the online.php page I got an error message saying I didn't have permission to access that page...o.O?

Edit Also, I noticed we had the option in our profile for a post follower, but it doesn't show up in the actual posts...is there some step I'm missing or is this just a glitch?

EDIT #2 Ah, I gotcha....sorry to have bothered ya! *blushes and runs away*

Version 2.0: Lost Memories
Proud Toriphile | Christine + Deana=Huffie Wuv
BlackDove's Profile Send Private Message BlackDove's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2007 at 11:06 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

If you read the announcements forum, I have temporarily turned off the Who's Online.

And it's not a glitch, that's just something I haven't added yet.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-18-2007 at 12:05 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I have been getting refresh commands repeatedly, then I have to log in all over again. Not all of us can write a post quickly. Almost every time I post, I have to go through refresh then log in again! Is this a glitch or intentional? In some visits, I've had to log in at least six times.

Is there some reason we have to tell why we're editing? Most of the time, I do it when fixing spellings or adding details.

The first thing I listed is my biggest concern.

I'm still trying to figure out how to subscribe to threads. I found the button, but I'm clueless as to how to go about marking threads.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2007 at 01:06 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

Issue Number 1: Session Time-Out

When you're not actively doing something on TPO, it deems you inactive and causes you to log out. I think the session expires after you've been inactive for fifteen minutes. There is nothing wrong, though I have bumped up the timeout time. It shouldn't log you out anymore, but please cleaning out your browser cache and cookies. Having multiples windows running of the same website can cause some of the log out problems as well. For example, if you leave one window open and work in another, the system might take your inactivity on the other window and log you out. Just let me know if it happens again.

Issue 2: Edit Reason

That is a default function of the new system. I didn't put it there.

Issue 3: Subscribe Thread

Go to the top of a thread. Look for "Thread Tools". It's there.

Also, if you click "post reply", there is a checkbox to automatically subscribe you to threads.

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 03-18-2007 at 01:52 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

It takes me much longer than 15 minutes to write even a fairly brief post. Sometimes, I'm working on a fairly lengthy post for as much as an hour. So, I'll have to keep copying, saving and logging in again I suppose. *SIGH* Perhaps others don't take that long to write a post, so maybe I'm the only one who will have to deal with doing this repeatedly. My only other choice is to write in text document then transfer I suppose.

Which is preferred: Post Quick Reply or the Post Reply button? Would it help to use Post Reply instead?

I'll try the Post Reply in order to subscribe. Thank you for the responses. Some changes are extremely confusing, but then, I'm a low-tech person. Everything on the Net is difficult.

I don't understand about the browser cache and cookies. What is that? I don't think I've been told about that. I also don't understand about multiple windows. This is the only one I have open. Is there something I might be doing wrong? I thought I was catching on, but it sounds as if I still need to learn so much.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2007 at 01:56 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Either buttons works honestly, just depends on your style.

Typing posts in a text editor like Microsoft Word is a very good idea. I know it's easy to type them in the post reply, but there is no guaruntee that your post will be saved once you click "submit reply". Your internet could go down. TPO's server could go down momentarily. Who knows.

You'll catch on to the changes, it's not that difficult.