Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 04-04-2016 at 02:50 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
ALW's Phantom comes to Paris!  Post [1]

In October, Phantom opens in Paris - the show's first time in France, and the first time performed in French. Sadly, not at the Paris Opera House - I suppose that would be too much to hope for.

http://lunerontheatre.com/2016/01/20...anniversary-2/
http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/paris/

Since I'm in Britain, Paris isn't too far away for me. I'm rather tempted to go to the show there, have a few days in Paris, see the Palais Garnier and some of the other Paris high spots. Go via London, and catch a performance at Her Majesty's, either on the way out or the way back. However, I've never been much of a traveller, never been to France and speak very little French. I'm a bit daunted at the prospect of doing all the organising. What I'd really like would be for some enterprising travel agent to set up a Phantom outing, with them arranging hotels, transport etc.

So if anyone hears about any such trips being advertised, please post a link here - it would be much appreciated.

Mary
MarySkater's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 04-05-2016 at 02:00 AM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Why is Meg not among the cast of characters?
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 04-05-2016 at 01:04 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I would love to see this in Paris! Add it to my poto shows to see list.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2016 at 10:45 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding_Masque View Post
Why is Meg not among the cast of characters?
Do you mean in the theatre's auditions page? It includes a requirement for singers of both sexes aged between 20 and 50. Maybe they plan to find a Meg there. It seems unlikely that they would already have a Meg lined up, when they are auditioning for all the major roles.

Incidentally, the audition page says (google translation) "Availability requested continuously from 19 August 2016 for a period of one year minimum." So although the theatre is only booking October and November at the moment, it looks like the run will be much longer than that. That's not surprising, given the technical requirements of Phantom. If they're going to set it all up (I'm hoping this production will be a replica of the original, and not the current tour) then they need to run it for quite a while to recoup the costs.

October is quite heavily booked already, but more seats are available in November. I've committed myself now - I've booked for two shows on consecutive evenings in November, with seats in different parts of the house. If anyone wants to browse availability, although the theatre website is in French, once you get on to the booking page ("Je Reserve") you can select an option for English.

Mary

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,907 | Roses: 0
Old 04-07-2016 at 11:50 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I've been following the news about this production . . . Awesome that you're going to see it, Mary! I'm looking forward to seeing who they cast. Hope there will be a cast recording, as well. And that's interesting, that they're telling auditionees to be prepared for a commitment that may be a year or longer! Hope this will be a long-running production.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2016 at 05:57 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErik771 View Post
Hope there will be a cast recording, as well. ... Hope this will be a long-running production.
I agree, James. I'd very much like there to be a cast CD. And maybe even publication of the French libretto. I've been amusing myself trying to translate "Insolent boy!" in 4 punchy syllables! I know I won't understand much of the French lyrics, but that hardly matters because I know the show well enough. I can just focus on the experience.

I won't burden myself with any merchandise that I could equally well get in London, like mugs, keyrings etc. But I'll be on the lookout for things exclusive to the French production.

Mary

Old 04-21-2016 at 07:07 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

The theatre has now extended bookings to December and January.

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,907 | Roses: 0
Old 04-21-2016 at 10:57 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Excellent! I'm assuming this is a sign that preorders on tickets are doing well, then, which is always a good sign.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Michelle | Gender: n/a | Posts: 42 | Roses: 10
Old 06-20-2016 at 04:50 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

I'm excited it'll finally be playing in French, since that's the language they really "should" be speaking! I might be going to Europe next summer and I'm definitely considering checking this out if I do.
Knight of Cydonia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Michelle | Gender: n/a | Posts: 42 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2016 at 02:05 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

Sierra Boggess will be Christine. Thoughts?

I love her as Christine but I was hoping someone else would get the chance for such a milestone. She's already done most of the others.

Very curious to see who'll be the Phantom.
Knight of Cydonia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote