The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom The House on the Lake
Remember Me?

View Poll Results: Is your favorite a...
musical 0 0%
book 0 0%
movie 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: kayla | Gender: girl | Posts: 13 | Roses: 10
Old 11-13-2009 at 02:35 AM
Christine's next face
Wandering Child
in love with the phantom

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I didn't know there was a ballet, I thought it was only a musical. WOW you lear something new every day I guess...

To love the voice is not to love the man. To hear the voice is more then to see the face. To trust Erik, voice or face, is to let yourself succomb to darkness in the deepest sence. It's to fall in love with a deth's head and hand.
Christine's next face's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 11-13-2009 at 02:58 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Yea I mean, it's obviously not that famous, but there are loads of ballets. I mean...hey there's loads of other musical/plays that we don't know of. It's actually really interesting how they stage the dances to interpret that the Phantom is always with Christine...soo cool!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 11-15-2009 at 01:50 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

Wow, I didn't know that either. My favorite would have to be the 2004 movie, with the 1990 minseries running a close second. 2 of my favorite lines from that:
Erik: She can't sing!
Gerard: Well, obivously she doesn't know that!
(Yeah, if she did, she'd shut up.)
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2009 at 01:45 AM
Christine's next face
Wandering Child
in love with the phantom

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Thats funny I was watching a clip of the end of the 1990 version and I like the part where Eriks like: He dosen't love music how could he ever love her?

I love that part.

To love the voice is not to love the man. To hear the voice is more then to see the face. To trust Erik, voice or face, is to let yourself succomb to darkness in the deepest sence. It's to fall in love with a deth's head and hand.
Christine's next face's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jane | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 1 | Roses: 10
Old 11-19-2009 at 12:35 AM
ragged_sun
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

If you haven't read the original yet do. it. now. I really only became interested in Phantom after seeing the 2004 movie, i've been obsessed ever since.

As for my favourite adaptation of the story, I'd have to say it's a pretty even tie between Kay's book and the original. I, being the insane E/C shipper I am, was totally enamored with Kay's novel. I couldn't put it down, the pages are wet from where i've sobbed like a baby. Truly a fantastic, I recommend it to any Phantom enthusiast (but you've been warned, the ending will make Leroux fans squirm.) It was much more...romantic, I suppose you could say. Now I'm an admitted hopeless romantic, so I was squealing and gushing well reading. Leroux`s book is a classic, if you haven`t read it you must do it now. I`ll wait. It`s free online....are you going? ;)

I always tell people to see the musical before they see the movie. Nothing really compares to the stage production. I'll admit, when first seeing the film in 2004 I had adopted the "Oh, i've seen the movie. Why would I see the show? seems like a waste of money." attitude. Wrong. No. Go and see it, it's fantastic.

The Schumacher movie was my first, but anyone who's only experienced that adaptation is missing out.

'He had given me the wings of an angel and taught me how to fly.' -Christine
ragged_sun's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Alyssa | Gender: Female | Age: 25 | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 11-19-2009 at 02:36 AM
red-silk
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

I started with a musical, Phantom of the Opera is "part of our curriculum" in middle school, meaning that in your required music class you spend several weeks learning about it. So I started out with hearing the music from the Original Cast and loved it, that year our music teacher decided to take us to the city to see the performance. Funny though, the 2004 movie came out 2 months before the day I was scheduled to go to the show so I ended up seeing both within several months. The musical was amazing (if you didn't already know that). Before both of those though I read a version of the novel but I have to say the translation that I got made it hard to understand, I had read it like 15 times but I always felt like I was missing something. My aunt later gave me the same book in a different translation and it all just made more sense to me (plus the cover was cooler).

It wasn't for another year or two that I read Susan Kay's novel, and I haven't read it in awhile. It was amazing, a different view of Leroux's story that most people are used to. I think I should read it again though because it's been so long...
red-silk's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Samantha | Gender: Female | Posts: 25 | Roses: 10
Old 12-09-2009 at 09:56 AM
Samantha
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I first discovered "The Phantom of the Opera" in ALW's movie production starring Gerard Butler, which absolutely stole my heart. Later I saw the stage version in Las Vegas, but for me, personally, the movie version was the best, hands down.

I loved Susan Kay's "Phantom", and of course, "Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux, because he was the original creator. I also liked "Night Magic" (contemporary version) by Charlotte Vale Allen, and "The Angel of the Opera: Sherlock Holmes Meets the Phantom of the Opera" by Sam Siciliano. I've read many versions since then, and will be reading more in the future.

Not to sound boastful, but now my favorite is the novel that I wrote...Life After Phantom: Opera Erotica. I would love for it to be made into a movie, and hopefully someday it will be. :)

My name is Samantha. I'm the author of Life After Phantom: Opera Erotica, a thrilling novel. Details at www.LifeAfterPhantom.com
Samantha's Profile Send Private Message Samantha's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2009 at 03:14 AM
Christine's next face
Wandering Child
in love with the phantom

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

I got the origanal book from my bff for my bday yesterday!!! I'm not verry far but the edditoin has a lot of notes to help you understand whats going on!!

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 01-07-2010 at 07:08 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

Well, it's hard to beat ALW's musical rendition. I think that's what most people think of when they think "DUHH, DUN DUN DUN DUN DUHHH!" The musical was the thing that I became obsessed with when I was six. I think that's how most people come to know POTO.

But I really, really, really loved Susan Kay's "Phantom". That book gives you so much more of Erik's perspective, and being an Erik fan, that book was really something I enjoyed reading. I love Erik's character in that book so much, and I love reading about his life before Paris. (:

But really, anything Phantom is great. The Leroux book, the musical, whatever. Well...The Phantom directed by that Dario guy is a disgrace. I mean, really? And The Phantom of Hollywood? Seriously, you don't need to make a movie when you're tearing down a set.

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 05-23-2010 at 01:32 AM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Book: Three-way tie between Leroux, Kay, and Carrie Hernandez.
Movie: 1925 all the way!
Musical: Either the one I saw with Stephen Tewksbury or Michael Crawford's version.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote